Should Have Went Cachin'

On a related note, since it involves using GPS tracking devices, there was a great thread here recently, with a link to a great off-site article complete with map, about a man who had used a similar GPS tracking device on his dog's collar to track the movements of his dog as she explored the neighborhood. And, I seem to remember reading as well (perhaps in the same thread) that some techno-nerd type guy in the Midwest is now wearing one of these devices at all times so that all his friends and anyone who is curious can track his movements in real time on a website.

On a related note, since it involves using GPS tracking devices, there was a great thread here recently, with a link to a great off-site article complete with map, about a man who had used a similar GPS tracking device on his dog's collar to track the movements of his dog as she explored the neighborhood. And, I seem to remember reading as well (perhaps in the same thread) that some techno-nerd type guy in the Midwest is now wearing one of these devices at all times so that all his friends and anyone who is curious can track his movements in real time on a website.

Also on the news there are now trackable watches being made with GPS's that can track the movement of artistic children that may become lost. The small tracking devices are placed around the childs wrist and locked and can be tracks by a web site, or a hand held tracking unit.

The news crew did a study and placed ten units around town, and tracked them to their location. Each one was found within the matter of a few minutes, and up to an hour, depending on location.

Something we cachers may need in the near future. We could become the next cache.

Just be sure to have your pockets filled with swag. Or carry a wallet full of Where's George dollar bills.

No Mc-toys please.

"Hey! Is that Swag in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"

I don't remember where I saw it but they have similar devices for parents to put on there kids. They had them in watches, necklaces, and bracelets. So if the child wandered off or got abducted the parent could find them. Not sure if it was GPS tracking device or just a transmitter and a reciever. Anyone know about this let me know where I saw it.