What Geocoins Are The Hardest To Find?

Cav Scout

For me personally Bad Andy's coin, when we first started caching his icon was the first one I saw on a cache listing then did a little reasearch and found out about geocoins, then off to the cache I went but the coin was gone. I have since then searched for and found about 5 caches that listed the coin as being in the cache buy everytime I just miss it or the coin is MIA. So for Team Jsam its the all elusive Bad Andy geocoin.

MIGO FALL 2005 :rolleyes:

Anyone?? Bueller??

I SECOND that. I would give one of my kidneys (you can choose which one) + a handful of geocoins if I could get my hands on one of those. I've been looking to complete my MiGO seasonal collection for quite awhile now.

I have a complete (unactivated) set that I would be willing to sell for the right price. What I really want is a Brand NEW Garmin 60csx (hint, hint)

Anyone?? Bueller??

I SECOND that. I would give one of my kidneys (you can choose which one) + a handful of geocoins if I could get my hands on one of those. I've been looking to complete my MiGO seasonal collection for quite awhile now.

the first MIGO winter I think is harder than the fall. I have a spring and summer, but I don't think I'll ever see my collection completed.

Anyone?? Bueller??

the first MIGO winter I think is harder than the fall. I have a spring and summer, but I don't think I'll ever see my collection completed.

See my post above, I have an entire set (all or nothing) that I am willing to sell.

Pretty much any coin which you want and is more than 4 months released is pretty hard to find. I think the "magic" number is any coin with less than 200 minted and over 6 months old as being almost impossible. (although, there are several for sale currently it seems)

Of course, given the right price, you can very likely find someone to sell you almost any coin. For myself, the only coin on my "list" of coins that I figure I will never own is the famous Moun10Bike ver 1. I'd like some of the other version ones too (Indy Diver, Cav Scout, Team Fisur). I'll never have a MIGO set either, but there is no real compelling reason for me to want a set in particular.

MIGO FALL 2005 <_<

Anyone?? Bueller??

Fall was the pumpkin right?

Hmmm, if memory serves, I have Fall and Summer. I no longer want the complete set, so let me see if I can dig it out, and we'll work on something...

I'm not interested in your kidney, since there is only a black market for that... something more tanigble perhaps? :rolleyes:

Most geocoins are hard to find as the vast majority never see the inside of a geocache...

My personal geocoins are easy to find, as are the TFTC! geocoins that I made, as I leave one of each inside every geocache I visit...

Does that make them worse or better than ones that can only be "found" on Ebay for hundreds or thousands of dollars? :rolleyes:

Jamie - NFA

Edited by NFA

I'd like some of the other version ones too (Indy Diver, Cav Scout, Team Fisur). I'll never have a MIGO set either, but there is no real compelling reason for me to want a set in particular.

Quote from Lemon Fresh Dog

I did not think my Ver1 coin was that hard to find :lol: .

MIGO FALL 2005 :lol:

Anyone?? Bueller??

Fall was the pumpkin right?

Hmmm, if memory serves, I have Fall and Summer. I no longer want the complete set, so let me see if I can dig it out, and we'll work on something...

I'm not interested in your kidney, since there is only a black market for that... something more tanigble perhaps? :P

Okay, I'll sell my kidney in China, and give all proceeds to Cornerstone. :lol:

Edited by Redwing_dave

MIGO FALL 2005 :lol:

Anyone?? Bueller??

I have a complete (unactivated) set that I would be willing to sell for the right price. What I really want is a Brand NEW Garmin 60csx (hint, hint)

I hear you on the 60CSx thing. That's what I'm navigating with lately, and it's mighty fine. Unfortunately since I have the other 3 coins, I'm not looking to part with the kind of dough it would take to buy a whole set. 'Course I guess that sounds sorta dumb, since I just told Cornerstone I'd sell my kidney for just one coin. Hmmmmm, I'm confused. :P

Edited by Redwing_dave

You can find one of my ver1 Cav Scout geocoins on Lil Ermie Hill in Alaska, its been sitting there over a year now. Its about a six mile round trip. Geocoins actually stay in caches up in Alaska :D .

I'm actually heading up to alaska for a couple weeks in August, but I don't think the rest of my party will be up for a 6 miler. We've got a pretty packed schedule while we're up there.

AJAYHAWKFAN has to be one of them. He does not set a travel goal and welcomes the finder to keep the coin. All he asks is that if you pick one up, log it that way. The only way to get one is to find it in a cache or work out a trade. He had 500 made, but the release has been less than 80. I am guessing he plans to leave something for his son to inherit. Like Moun10bike, his were never for sale. Glen

For me personally Bad Andy's coin, when we first started caching his icon was the first one I saw on a cache listing then did a little reasearch and found out about geocoins, then off to the cache I went but the coin was gone. I have since then searched for and found about 5 caches that listed the coin as being in the cache buy everytime I just miss it or the coin is MIA. So for Team Jsam its the all elusive Bad Andy geocoin.

I dropped one in This cache almost 2 months ago and I guarantee it's still there. The puzzle isn't too hard to figure out, and if you're the next finder I'll even adopt the coin out to ya :rolleyes:

I will have to go with the ones that are cache finds only.

Some that come to mind include: *The Shadow*, LZ33, Captian Prozac, IndyMagicMan, kealia (I may have to make a special trip to CA to find one of these). The list is longer but you get the idea. I own two of the five that I listed. They are prized posessions.

I will have that IndyMagicMan coin as soon as I am FTF on Shelter III :rolleyes::rolleyes::(

Edited by Rupert2

I dropped one in This cache almost 2 months ago and I guarantee it's still there. The puzzle isn't too hard to figure out, and if you're the next finder I'll even adopt the coin out to ya :rolleyes:

Thanks for the offer BA but I have a caching condition known as mesuckatpuzzlesitis :rolleyes:

So it looks like yet again the BadAndy coin will elued me.

Edited by Team Jsam

You can find one of my ver1 Cav Scout geocoins on Lil Ermie Hill in Alaska, its been sitting there over a year now. Its about a six mile round trip. Geocoins actually stay in caches up in Alaska :laughing: .

Be aware that Valley of the Giants may have gone missing. That cache contains half the coordinates necessary to complete Ermine Hill, where the coin was dropped.

That makes my geocoin even harder to find now :laughing: