Request To Adopt A Couple Of Caches In The Redmond, Wa Area

The_LangHerd

I sent an email to Team Misguided yesterday evening requesting to adopt the caches listed below. Ground Speak tech support was able to help me correct my forum login issues, so I"m posting here as well.

Hi, The_LangHerd would like to adopt "A Thirty Pound Test" (GCQ2MT). We live right across the street from the cache, and have verified that it's gone. We would love to bring it back to life. It was a fun cache to find, and a fun one to watch people try and find. The last time the owner logged into the geocaching website was on Monday, October 24, 2005.

Additionally, this past weekend, we found "Tanner Mill" (GCHE3Z) cache by mistake. Did not realize that it was archived until I went to log the cache. We would be willing to adopt that one too. It's in great shape, and should not be a problem for folks to locate. The coordinates were right on for that cache, just the way into the location was a bit overgrown. We trudged through the berries and it opened up into a great little location.

As you can see from our logging, we are an active family caching, and maintaining our single placed cache. We have tried contacting both cache owners through the website, but mail was bounced from both users.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

John (aka GeoDad of The_LangHerd) :huh:

I sent an email to Team Misguided yesterday evening requesting to adopt the caches listed below. Ground Speak tech support was able to help me correct my forum login issues, so I"m posting here as well.

Hi, The_LangHerd would like to adopt "A Thirty Pound Test" (GCQ2MT). We live right across the street from the cache, and have verified that it's gone. We would love to bring it back to life. It was a fun cache to find, and a fun one to watch people try and find. The last time the owner logged into the geocaching website was on Monday, October 24, 2005.

Additionally, this past weekend, we found "Tanner Mill" (GCHE3Z) cache by mistake. Did not realize that it was archived until I went to log the cache. We would be willing to adopt that one too. It's in great shape, and should not be a problem for folks to locate. The coordinates were right on for that cache, just the way into the location was a bit overgrown. We trudged through the berries and it opened up into a great little location.

As you can see from our logging, we are an active family caching, and maintaining our single placed cache. We have tried contacting both cache owners through the website, but mail was bounced from both users.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

John (aka GeoDad of The_LangHerd) :D

If the first cache is gone there is nothing to adopt. I will look into the second one.

There's was a new cache GCW8DB placed a hundred feet or so from the

archived Tanner Mill, so Tanner Mill probably shouldn't be reactivated.

Good point! It would not meet the re-activation requirements since it is now too close to an active 'new' cache and therefore could not be unarchived. Hopefully the original owner will take care of removing their cache after realizing that it's been found again recently.

Edited by Team Misguided

it should however get picked up as it is now geolitter.

I'll do that next time I'm out that way if I can *find* the

darn thing. I certainly searched the stump that

"The_LangHerd" mentioned - searched it real well back

in September and didn't find anything. Wouldn't be the

first time I've missed finding an easy cache ...

Darn. That would have given us a good excuse to keep heading out that way and finding more of the caches. If it's not picked up by Alciato, we'll grab it on our next run up that way.

Once "A thirty pound test" is archived, we'll place another one in it's location. It was a pretty cool cache, and a nice view of Redmond.

Thanks for taking the time to review both of these.

John

Darn. That would have given us a good excuse to keep heading out that way and finding more of the caches. If it's not picked up by Alciato, we'll grab it on our next run up that way.

I picked up "Tanner Mill" yesterday - I will try to contact the owner to see

if he wants his container/contents back, if not you will soon see it reincarnated

as a different cache.