Visiting Wa And Want To Do The A.p.e. Cache

WhirledCache

I will be in Washington from July 8th - July 22nd attending metrology classes at Fluke. While I am there I would really like to do The A.P.E. Cache Mission 9: Tunnel of Light with a new friend or some new friends!

I will be flying in so I won't have a lot of gear. I would like to go on Sunday July 9th or Sunday July 16th, as I have all day free. Unfortunately I will not have transportation on the 9th - which of course is the best day for me, as I am on my own that day! Can go on Saturday the 15th, but was hoping to attend the event in Burlington.

I was thinking of hiking through the tunnel, but biking could be fun if I can get a rental set up or something.

I will be staying in Mukilteo. Please e-mail me through my profile if interested!

I'm not sure what Frito Pies are or how to get them through airport security, but certainly there must be someone out there that wants to do a project APE cache with a total stranger! :P

This is the APE cache here: Mission 9: Tunnel of Light (by Project APE).

Fifteen to twenty people sounds like tons of fun, but I would be happy to find at least one! :lol:

(remember, it's never too early to jump on the bandwagon)

Edited by WhirledCache

Hey! If you're still planning to go, I'd love to join you!!! I've missed trips to the cache three or four times.

My schedule is wide open, due to the fact I'm unemployed. I have a bike in working order, or a I could walk/job it.

Sending you a message via your profile as well. : }

Wow, thanks for all the interest lately!

But, I did get a chance to do the A.P.E. cache on the 9th with two very nice local cachers; fishwild and scubiekim. :( I will never forget the most excellent time we had together!

Sorry it didn't work out as a group thing, as interest up until I went on the 9th was, well, zero.

This is a nice hike and a fun adventure. Find someone and go do it - I highly recommended this cache!

I will be in Washington from July 8th - July 22nd attending metrology classes at Fluke. While I am there I would really like to do The A.P.E. Cache Mission 9: Tunnel of Light with a new friend or some new friends!

.....Can go on Saturday the 15th, but was hoping to attend the event in Burlington.

I hope you're still planning to try and attend the big Cache Splash event in Burlington on Saturday! The weather promises to be great, there will be lots of caching folks there (around 70 or so at last count) from all over the area, good food, some new geo-games, lots of door prizes, and a chance to meet a bunch of the local enthusiasts. There are also a whole bunch of new caches to find on your way north! Hope to see you then,

"Half-Canadian" for the WSGA's 48 North chapter

I hope you're still planning to try and attend the big Cache Splash event in Burlington on Saturday! The weather promises to be great, there will be lots of caching folks there (around 70 or so at last count) from all over the area, good food, some new geo-games, lots of door prizes, and a chance to meet a bunch of the local enthusiasts. There are also a whole bunch of new caches to find on your way north! Hope to see you then,

"Half-Canadian" for the WSGA's 48 North chapter

Why yes, that is still the plan! Unfortunately I won't know for sure until Friday night or Saturday morning! Even though I live in Arizona, I am still looking forward to putting some faces with names! I have been looking forward to this event since it was posted, wanting all the while to post a "will attend"! I would sure like to meet you and 70+ of the best folks around! Sounds like too much fun - I will try to be there (with friends and goodies in tow)!

Wow, thanks for all the interest lately!

But, I did get a chance to do the A.P.E. cache on the 9th with two very nice local cachers; fishwild and scubiekim. :) I will never forget the most excellent time we had together!

Sorry it didn't work out as a group thing, as interest up until I went on the 9th was, well, zero.

This is a nice hike and a fun adventure. Find someone and go do it - I highly recommended this cache!

No worries. Glad you had a good time!

For future reference, when you've settled on a date, posting it in the thread you started would have probably pulled some last minute cacher out of the woodwork to join you.