Two At A Time

GamaB

Went on a 1500 mile one way trip recently, had a thought of using my Ifinder Pro and Ifinder H2OC together. I made a holder for the two to sit side by side, and zoomed out on the H2oC and zoomed in on the Pro. It worked quite well, no fiddling needed with zoom (Don't care for auto Zoom all the time). I could see the big picture along with the full detail, cool. Try it.

My caching partner and I used to do that. Her GPSMap 60CS would be set to auto-route us to the destination. My GPSr would have the big navigation arrow and the distance.

It worked great . . . most of the time . . . except when the cache was at the back of a park and the GPSr would autoroute us on the nearest street with no access through the neighborhood houses to the park . . . :)

I do that too! I used to have an old Whistler Galileo 200 (which broke and at first they simply reimbursed me the cost per the extended warranty, then decided to send me a new one anyway), replaced with a Lowrance IFinder GO. I tend the use the Whistler in the car (doesn't have autorouting, but decent street maps), then use the IFinder GO for the actual caching. But I leave both on (the better maps on the Whistler have proved useful), one advantage (though I usually wait until we're done with the cache and are heading back to the car) is I can let both my kids hold a GPSr and make them happy.

Edited by HaLiJuSaPa

I often use my Vista Cx (with City Nav V8 installed) to autoroute the car to a cache location and at the same time, have my Ipaq displaying UK Ordnance Survey maps to see exactly where we are.

This may seem daft but the UK is laced this way and that by public rights of way, bridle ways and footpaths all over the place going from one village to the next, between the churches and to access common land. Often, these paths traverse privately owned land and fields - but everyone has the right to use them - even when they cross railways and motorways. Even Madonna and the Beckhams have to put up with people marching past their mansions on PROW.

These routes are often the only way to a cache location. Garmin's software does not know about them and you need the good old OS maps to show you exactly where they are (and where they go). The Ipaq with Memory-Map gives you a real-time, moving map display centred on your current location - Brilliant!