Forum Pm Not Working For Me

"Paws"itraction

The forum PM feature doesn't work for people sending messages to me. I know it's because I have the quotey thingies in my caching handle. But why does that mess up the PM feature?

I'd really like to be able to receive PMs, but as it sits now I have no way to do it.

I used to be able to do so, because I'd go in and change my userID to PAWSitraction, then register the changes in the forums. I'd only change it back if we were going caching again, so the correct ID would show up on our cache logs.

But...I can't do that anymore.

Is there a reason the PMs don't work with special characters?

Thanks.

The forum PM feature doesn't work for people sending messages to me. I know it's because I have the quotey thingies in my caching handle. But why does that mess up the PM feature?

I'd really like to be able to receive PMs, but as it sits now I have no way to do it.

I used to be able to do so, because I'd go in and change my userID to PAWSitraction, then register the changes in the forums. I'd only change it back if we were going caching again, so the correct ID would show up on our cache logs.

But...I can't do that anymore.

Is there a reason the PMs don't work with special characters?

Thanks.

Yes, you have guessed right: the PM feature at the forums cannot handle user names with non-alphanumeric characters other than spaces.

Of course, all is not lost: people can still go to the main geocaching.com website and visit your profile and send you a PM from there. Or, if you list your email address on your profile, people are free to send you an email directly.... You can even put a geo-specific email address in your sig line so that each of your posts to the forums displays your email address.