Etrex Legend Cx Power Button Problem (?)

I was using my new (3 month old) Legend Cx this weekend. Was working fine. Turned it off when done. Once home, tried to turn it on but it wouldn't. Changed batteries three times from different sets of new batteries. Still wouldn't turn on. Has anyone heard of this problem? Is it a power switch problem? The unit has seen quite a bit of use geocaching, but has not been abused, soaked, dropped, etc. TIA for any help!

I haven't heard of that problem, but I do know Garmin has excellent customer service. Call them first thing in the morning and you won't have to wait on the phone very long to get a response. If you have to send the unit in, they will probably send you a replacement right away. They did that for me when the rubber was coming loose on my Vista C.

I've just returned mine for exactly the same reason, and a replacement was sent out from Garmin Europe and was with me 3 days later, fantastic customer service (I know who I'll be buying my next GPSr from).

Same story here, it was working fine at the weekend, but when I tried to turn it on during the week it wouldn't.

Tried different batteries, plugging in to USB and the hard reset described by tech support over the phone (push and hold menu, page & clickstick centre buttons and then push power).

So yes I have experienced the same problem with the same model.

Adrian

Thanks for the replies!

I contacted Garmin and (after 35 minutes on hold) was able to talk with a tech. They gave me an rma number and told me that they would repair it (no replacements available). They are also paying for overnight courier both ways. Should take about two weeks to get it back. Good deal. I would still like to hear from those that have had a similar power button problem and how they got it resolved. I'll report back to say how it went.