Feature Requests From A Newbie.

oscar478

Ok, I've been around the block a couple times now, still learning some things, but I've found a few things that could be quite helpful. if they exist elsewhere, in some other way, please let me know.

Feature #1

Cache management- I've only been caching for 2 months, and have planted 4 caches. I see the page under My Account to list the caches I've placed. I think it would be great if this page could be expanded with some more information. Rather than explain it all, I'll make a quick text snapshot of the idea...

Cache Name Age Total Finds Total DNFs Lifetime TB Count Average time between finds

Cache1 1200 days 491 15 25 3.5 days

Cache2 900 days 85 42 3 15 days

Cache3 94 days 25 1 3 2 days

Cache4 800 days 9 0 1 94 days

There could be lots of other categories, but this is just an idea... something like this would provide a quick, easy snapshot of data to help people be better cache owners. Like Cache2 above is obviously either very hard to find, is missing, or has bad coordinates. Cache 4 is either in a very unpopular place, or if it's a puzzle cache, might be understandable.

The data is already in the system, so it could be put in place now, and provide a nice history.

I can do this ok with my own caches at just 4 now. But as I plant more caches and develop more history, it would help me a lot to see what works best.

Feature #2

Suggested coordinates- This appears to have been happening for a while in the logs anyway, as many different folks with different hardware and experience, get a lot of different coordinates. Maybe an option box on the page when logging a find to suggest coordinates to the cache owner. Would help create some good average coordinates for everyone to be more accurate.

Feature #3

Test notification- I've had some difficulty in getting notifications to go to my cell phone. I suspect many others are sending notifications to all sorts of pagers, phones, other wireless devices. It would be a nice quick feature to have a test button on the notification to send a bogus messsage, with the same content as a proper message so people can test their devices w/o waiting for a new cache to be published.

Edited by oscar478

Feature #2

Suggested coordinates- This appears to have been happening for a while in the logs anyway, as many different folks with different hardware and experience, get a lot of different coordinates. Maybe an option box on the page when logging a find to suggest coordinates to the cache owner. Would help create some good average coordinates for everyone to be more accurate.

Already there, just click on the checkbox for "Add a waypoint to the log".