Charmed Geocoin

Team Wolfsbane

I still havent really made out a design yet. I'm just seeing where I could save the most money and how many people would want it. My first quota was from oakcoins. It came to more then $4700.

Well what I want is: 436 of one metal, 50 of another, 10 of another, and 5 of black nickel.

I want Epoxy on both sides.

2.0" (50mm) diameter, 3.5mm thickness coins.

3d die on both sides.

A pretty colorful coin (dont know how many colors that would be.

Laser Etched.

Coin tracking w/ icon.

And I think that sums up that part.

I still dont have an idea for what the coin itself should look like but the icon should be a triquetra:

charmed.jpg

it can be more color ful though so any ideas on that would also be helpful.

For those of you who need a quick summary of what charmed is it is a TV show that was on the WB:

Three sisters (Prue, Piper and Phoebe) reunite and unlock their powers to become the Charmed Ones - the most powerful witches to exist. Now they must vanquish evil and save innocents while living their lives as normal women in the real world.

Any ideas on the coin and icon would be really helpful. Also I would like some feedback on what you think about the coin idea and if you would buy it and how many.

Thanks,

Will (Team Wolfsbane)

I don't think anyone will say whether they are interested or not until they see a design. Many on these boards believe that coins must be geocaching related or at the very least a personal coin. What you describe while potentially nice sounds like a promotion of a TV show. Why not make a Team Wolfsbane personal coin instead? If you are definite on wanting a "Charmed" coin, I'd suggest lower numbers and possibly non trackable (which you won't be able to sell here). Good luck with your coin.

Jen

:blink:

If that clipart the design and you're thinking cutouts, I personally would rethink it. At that pricing, you'de have to charge a lot and in the end, it's just a doodle of sorts. Nothing to ooo and ahhh over.

Just my $.02

Edit added: I didn't even realize you were speaking of a tv show. You'll also have potential copyright issues to contend with.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Why use an epoxy coating if your using 3D, it would pretty much render the 3D useless. Just my .02

PS. Just to show how beautiful a Triquetra is here is my engagement ring and wedding band :blink:

JensRing2.jpgtrianglebnds14wh.jpg

If you create this coin I hope the Triquetra is just as meaningful to you and not about a TV show.

So maybe I should make a personal coin. does anyone have any ideas on designs or anything?

Well what's personal to you? What are your other hobbies? What defines your team? Take a look at other personal coins, some people tell bit about why their coin has certain things on them. Take a look at our profile, there's a whole story about our coin. Some people include their favorite cache on them, or co-ordinates to one. Some use favorite animals or pets. The thing about a personal coin is that it's just that PERSONAL, it deosn't nexcessarily have to make sense to the rest of us, it's about you and your team.

As far as having your coin made goes, look around at specials. Think about not making them trackable, it saves a lot of money. Think about using them as trades rather than selling them and certainly place them into caches as well! While the less you make (amount) the more they cost per coin, it can still save you a bundle! Get some ideas in your head and look for a designer, some of them will work out a trade, their design tallents for a couple of your new coins! You can't beat that. Take a look at some of the coins you may already have and decide what about them you really like. As I mentioned before epoxy coating and 3D are kinda pointless, 3D allows you to really feel the design, which alot of people like. While an epoxy coating will be a smooth surface without any real feel to it.

Just some ideas I hope they help you. Just make sure the coin is something you like, something meaningful and important to you, it will all fall into place after that!

So maybe I should make a personal coin. does anyone have any ideas on designs or anything?

If you like the triquetra enough to make it your icon, then I would use that as a/the centerpiece of your coin. You can certainly call it a "charmed" geocoin, but I would avoid any other references to the show, if only to avoid possible copyright problems.

Here's a possible idea: put something of meaning/value/interest to you, vis-a-vis geocaching, in each of the central "loops" of the triquetra. Make this the reverse of the coin; I've no thoughts on the obverse.

Another idea: use the triquetra on the obverse, and put the ID # in the middle, which would require that the central triangle be "erased". Develop a personal theme for the reverse.

I've no idea if either of these ideas is of any real worth; I toss them out purely because they occurred to me. That's what I do for a "living"; I generate ideas. As I wrote in another thread in this forum, I'm the Henny Youngman of geocaching; I've got a million ideas. No guarantees that any of them are any good, however :blink:

I'd say you need to step back and ask yourself why you are making a coin at all.

First it was a "charmed" coin, now you're thinking about a personal coin but want ideas from the group.

Figure out WHY you want to make a coin and the rest should be easy.

OK - I used the Triquetra and Wolfsbane for the front

wolfsbanesm.jpg

I only used 4 colors because you are interested in keeping costs lower than $4000. Most coin makers include the first 4 colors in the cost.twicon.jpgtwicon1.jpg

Let me know if you like it... I call it: Team Wolfsbane's Triquetra Geocoin

Edited by Mandollyn

If you are going to make a personal coin make it yourself it wont be personal if it is made by everybody in the forums. As for the price quote you got 4700 is way to high for 500 trackable it should be more around 2800-3400 I would email coinsandpins.com they give custom quotes.

Edited by Team Jsam