Canada Multi-cache

GeeOCachers

Awesome. All of the provinces are now up and running (except Manitoba which is offline due to a muggling) including the final. Well done everyone! I may even have someone who is willing to translate each cache into french as well.

Now to start work on getting the bypass legs in place.

Wooohoo!!

Awesome. All of the provinces are now up and running (except Manitoba which is offline due to a muggling) including the final. Well done everyone! I may even have someone who is willing to translate each cache into french as well.

Wooohoo!!

Excellent. OK, the Fredericton listing now has all the proper links to the other caches in the series. I am adopting it back to Timrs2001 (I've been helping him with some HTML).

If anyone needs a hand 'dressing up' your listing, let me know.

That would be really great! As there are French communities across the country!

What do you mean by bypass legs?

Wooohoo!!
Can't argue here! :)

Just wanted to bring our thread back to life for a short while.

I received an e-mail from an Ottawa area cacher last night who raced into Fredericton last night just to find the cache.

He had come from Quebec where he found that one yesterday too.

Sounds pretty hardcore to me. This might be our boy for the BBQ at eelow&beelow's house in Ottawa. :unsure:

He told me that he has 5 of the provinces so far.

Is there anyone else who has this many or more?

Tim

>Is there anyone else who has this many or more?

So far the Regina one has only been found by 4 people. Only 1 candidate looks like he is making progress toward the goal anytime soon. Coincidentally I believe (judging by his other cache finds) he is an Ontario based, possibly Ottawa area cacher.

Grey_beard so far has logged

Great White North GeoTour - Regina by WannerClan (GCXY08)

Canadian Multi-Cache - Winnipeg by Lizardo (GCY71E)

Great White North Geotour - Edmonton, AB by TeamRB&R, adopted by KappaAlpha Team (GCXP29)

Great White North Geotour - Victoria Vistas by Landsharkz (GCXRHE)

Your guy...Traveller2005 so far has logged.

Great White North Geotour - Québec, QC by Goose38, Bobinette, GrosseFamille et Cypherman (GCYVE8)

Great White North GeoTour - Fredericton by The Fearless Fredericton Five (GCXFGQ)

Great White North Geotour - Edmonton, AB by TeamRB&R, adopted by KappaAlpha Team (GCXP29)

GREAT WHITE NORTH GEOTOUR - NEWFOUNDLAND by Keith3333 (GCXDZ8)

GREAT WHITE NORTH GEOTOUR - Toronto by Keith Watson (GCXHXG)

They both have a lot of mileage left to cover, and I think it would be a toss up to pick the likely winner at this point. On one hand Grey_beard has less geography to cover, but on the other hand that one on the Rock is a big bonus for Traveller2005.

Herbie

I have the pleasure of having meet both these cachers who are on the road to finding the final. They are both from the Ottawa area, and I am pretty sure I know who will be FTF. One applied a bit of pressure to the other. I host monthly events here and as they have or will both be attending future ones if one is FTF you can be assured I will be mentioning that! (monthly's are usually last Tuesday of the month unless otherwise noted) think one now has 3 provinces left!

I've been watching this thread since last summer and now I've decided that I want the goal of my Canadian geocoin to be to visit every cache in the Great White North Geotour. I hope to send it off in Edmonton in early June. If you want to follow it search for the trackable TBV492.

I contacted Traveller2005 today to ask how he was making out when he told me he was all done.

So I copied eelow&beelow on it right away.

He rolled into Fredericton late on April 8th and was messaging me on my Blackberry the whole time. I almost got out of bed to go and see if he was in the right vicinity when he messaged that he got it.

Drove from Ontario to Quebec and then here in an evening to grab them. :rolleyes:

He must be fairly well off too since he flew to Winnipeg and drove to Regina with the purpose of nabbing them.

He told me he's off to Germany for a few weeks on Tuesday. For caching? Perhaps. :P

Traveller2005 - ah name tells a lot hey! Knowing what he does for a living I thought he might be the FTF, but he had not heard of it til I mentioned it a few months ago and well, he has been very busy since then. At one point I thought he had some competion as someone else was nabbing them quickly but then they stopped, I met that person later and heard the stories.

Congrats it has been very fun to watch this and I now look forward to the STF!

Well, should be getting a lot of these done this summer...we're heading out east so I will be grabbing St John's, Halifax, Fredericton, Chalottetown, Quebec City, and Toronto (that one shouldn't be hard....45 minutes from home!). Next summer we'll grab the rest then head to my borthplace of Ottawa for the final next fall!

Can't wait till next year....maybe I can stow away on an Air Canada flight??!!??!!