Canada Multi-cache

GeeOCachers

Hey gang, when you post that your cache is up and running put the waypoint number. That way eelow&beelow can compile the list and we can all scoot over and have a look at it for ourselves.

There's still quite a few to go.

I've been making my own list as they are posted here.

eelow&beelow is already planning the bookmark.

Edited by timrs2001

Please do not post any codes from these caches. Cache owners, please make a note on your cache page about this. The idea of this series is to have someone find all 10 caches and hit the final to claim the FTF. I guess we cannot prevent someone from obtaining numbers, but I think the only allowed finds on the final will be from those who have visited all 10 of the other caches in the series with proper logs and verified by the owners. That way it is not claimed by those with friends in each province.

I hope people will try this series within the spirit intended!

Please do not post any codes from these caches. Cache owners, please make a note on your cache page about this. The idea of this series is to have someone find all 10 caches and hit the final to claim the FTF. I guess we cannot prevent someone from obtaining numbers, but I think the only allowed finds on the final will be from those who have visited all 10 of the other caches in the series with proper logs and verified by the owners. That way it is not claimed by those with friends in each province.

I hope people will try this series within the spirit intended!

It would be best if you could provide a sort of introduction text for all of us to include on our pages. That way it is in a consistent voice. Is that possible? Being that this is the "rulebook" of this series so to speak, it would be best if it was presented in a similar manner. OK?

I am missing waypoints for:

Regina, Quebec City, St John's and most importantly, the main one for Ottawa.

I am showing Edmonton to be awaiting approval.

----

We should probably have them named consistantly. Ours is just called Fredericton Walking Tour. I haven't changed the name because I've been waiting for the main (Ottawa) cache to come out.

The ottawa one is experiencing a slight delay due to the fact that all the information for me to place it is currently on a hard disk on my home computer... which blew up (cpu cooked off due to cpu fan death) a few days ago. Although I'm sure that Alison will read this now and email me :blink:

I'll get out soon to place the final container, but with no computer my life is a bit chaotic.

On the flip side, I'm relearning a bunch of personal organizational skills that I've not had to exercise as long as I've had Outlook, etc.

e&b, just sent you a private email. Have you got a status update, and perhaps a summary list of all the cache placements (with GC codes) to send us yet to update the listings with?

I have not 'realeased my listing' to the approvers yet, waiting for your go on that... not sure why some have been listed yet. Likely what's causing the problem as the final would not be solveable until we get all our ducks in a row here.

Can we try to get this on-line ALL by the end of the month!? Hunting season is here... hence my duck analogy. :huh:

PS - GeoSquid.. I feel fer yah. I just tried upgrading to Windows Vista RC1... and well.. mine was self-induced.. what can I say.

Edited by TeamRB&R

Mmmmmmmm Excuse me.... how many more of theses do I have to review? :huh:

Let's see... I believe I reviewed, PEI, NS, NB, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan..... oh and NFLD (did I miss any?)

:(

B)

:D

B)

Oh I'm sooo bad......

Cache Agent

Volunteer Cache Reviewer

No... yer so goood. Uhm, if you want to review AB.. I just released it for review so you can have a look see.

GCXP29 - GREAT WHITE NORTH GEOTOUR - Edmonton, AB

TTFN,

RB

Edited by TeamRB&R

Hi everyone,

A quick update:

Two more are online, and the bookmark list has been updated

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...be-03229e5d2b31

Still waiting on Alberta and of course Quebec as well as the final.

Another note: Please make sure you name your cache with the same name: "Great White North Geotour - (Insert name of your cache here)"

Also I am lovin' this page with the provincial coat of arms.. Please put that list on your page as well.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...cb-bf61f7d5c615

Thanks!

Edited by eelow&beelow

Edmonton, Alberta is LIVE!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...&Submit6=Go

You can find all the caches with this URL search:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.asp...mp;submit4=Find

Nice work on the coat of arms. I have implemented that on my cache page as well.... looks like all our ducks are lining up finally. :mad:

PS - Glad to know that Quebec will remain distinct. :D

Edited by TeamRB&R
PS - Glad to know that Quebec will remain distinct. :mad:

Ah man.. that's so funny..

I found someone that could place a cache in Quebec City only in October/November.. would that be good enough?

And, another question people ask me: can a currently active cache be converted for this project?

:D I don't know why people don't want to get into this great project.

I'll try to find someone that can do it sooner..

PS - Glad to know that Quebec will remain distinct. :D

lol

Looks like it is remaining extinct right now :D

9 out of 11 with the final coming very soon..

tres drole B):P:D

faire des jokes politique c'est pas fort :D

mais puisque vous avez commencez :D

si vous aviez utilisé les deux langues officielles du canada

peut-etre que le québec n'aurais pas été exclue dès le départ :D

sans rancune :D:D:D have fun :D:D:P

Ok guys, I found someone to place a nice little multi in Québec City.

I'll be his assistant on this. So, if there are any special request (other than the page setup (logos and armories)) let me know.

And, I'll let you know when the cache page is ready.

Thanks for you patience.. :bad:

Edit: Latest update!

The cache should be in place within the next 2 weeks!

Edited by GrosseFamille

:D I know what you mean.

Try this place: http://www.worldlingo.com/en/products_serv...translator.html

I use it all the time.

It tells me that he said:

very funny to make jokes political it is not strong but since you have start

if you had used the two official languages of Canada

perhaps that Quebec would not have been excluded from the beginning without resentment

Uh, we ARE one big happy family right?

We're cool, we're cool

Nous sommes frais, nous sommes frais :D

:D I know what you mean.

Try this place: http://www.worldlingo.com/en/products_serv...translator.html

I use it all the time.

It tells me that he said:

very funny to make jokes political it is not strong but since you have start

if you had used the two official languages of Canada

perhaps that Quebec would not have been excluded from the beginning without resentment

Uh, we ARE one big happy family right?

We're cool, we're cool

Nous sommes frais, nous sommes frais :D

:D:D:D:D That translation is very funny.. especially that We're cool part! :D:):D :D

La cachette d'Edmonton a été trouvée aujourd'hui, mais pas notée. laissé tomber de quelques Geocoins et TB.

Oui mon ami, on le signifie tout pour rire. C'est également totalement une chose canadienne pour faire l'amusement de vos voisins à l'est. Plus l'est vous allez plus, le plus drôle. ; ^)

Je repose ma caisse avec cette explication qui des sommes il vers le haut de mieux. Apprécier !

"The Rant - Comediennes"

http://www.loadingreadyrun.com/showmovie.p...comediennes.mp4

[ En anglais svp ]

Edited by TeamRB&R

Double-Translation is the worst!

Here's what your French text reads like when translated back to English (using goggle translation):

The hiding-place of Edmonton was found today, but was not noted. dropped from some Geocoins and TB. Yes my friend, one means it very to laugh. It is also completely a Canadian thing to make the recreation of your neighbors in the east. More is you go more, funniest. ; ^) I put back my case with this explanation which naps it to the top of better. To appreciate! “The Rant - Actresses”

Don't worry about me.. I can take a joke! But I guess there is some truth about that going-east thing! :D

tres drole :lol::PB)

faire des jokes politique c'est pas fort :P

mais puisque vous avez commencez :D

si vous aviez utilisé les deux langues officielles du canada

peut-etre que le québec n'aurais pas été exclue dès le départ B)

sans rancune :(:(:( have fun :DB):)

Double-Translation is the worst!

Here's what your French text reads like when translated back to English (using goggle translation):

The hiding-place of Edmonton was found today, but was not noted. dropped from some Geocoins and TB. Yes my friend, one means it very to laugh. It is also completely a Canadian thing to make the recreation of your neighbors in the east. More is you go more, funniest. ; ^) I put back my case with this explanation which naps it to the top of better. To appreciate! “The Rant - Actresses”

Don't worry about me.. I can take a joke! But I guess there is some truth about that going-east thing! :D

All j'ai to dire is nous are rendue crazy ici. In autre words, tous ce que I veux say is, we are fou here :D Je love la diversity de our merveilleux nation!!!

Edited by shearzone
Ca avance : aujourd'hui, les indices ont été collectés, l'emplacement final de la cache défini. J'écris la description la semaine prochaine. Merci.
It (Quebec City cache) is coming along. Today (meaning yesterday!), the clues have been collected and the final location has been identified. I will write the description next week. Thanks.
Edited by GrosseFamille

Looks like everyone has great cache discriptions. The final set up is one where you use the clues to find the container to possible locations of where the final cache is hidden it is up to you to go to those locations and find which one is right. (thus giving you a tour of the city) it is not a discriptive tour so as not to give people any hints on where the final is. It will be up soon just have to get the final word from reviewers and that is taking a little longer but no worries.

so who is getting close to going for the final?