Hi!

Mez80

Just wanted to say hi. A friend told me about the site last week. I have an Etrex Legend I use for snowmobiling and mountain biking. Gave this a try and it's a lot of fun. My wife and I enjoyed a bike ride getting our first local cache and I've been out on the bike getting a few more local ones.

Think I'm hooked already!

Just wanted to say hi. A friend told me about the site last week. I have an Etrex Legend I use for snowmobiling and mountain biking. Gave this a try and it's a lot of fun. My wife and I enjoyed a bike ride getting our first local cache and I've been out on the bike getting a few more local ones.

Welcome to the addiction! Keep on cachin'!

Welcome! You missed a superb geo-event in Connecticut just last weekend. It was an all-weekend event at Kettletown State Park. Some friends and I drove over from Massachusetts and stayed the weekend.

There's also a rock repelling event in Connecticut happening right now, if you happen to read this.

Connecticut has a very active group of geocachers. Consider going to an event to meet some of the locals. Also, check out the New England forum page. If you click on Connecticut on the New England forum page, it'll link you to most recently placed caches in Connecticut, plus events.

Good luck and Happy Trails!

What on Earth are you doing here than, you should be out caching. Abandon all other things in your life and hunt them down. Quit your job ands sell off everything you own and spend all of the money on caching. Just a sugestion. Or you could go out when you have time and enjoy this wounderfull addiction.

Welcome to caching, and congratulations on mastering riding a bike while watching the screen. I've tried it, but it was a fairly risky effort. I needed one hand to hold the GPSr, one to steer with, one to shift with, and one to signal with. And my husband was back there blithely enjoying the scenery and asking "which way?" every minute or so. Welcome to the forums, too. I've learned a lot here in the last few months, and been entertained at the same time :mad:.