Geocaching Racial Makeup?

Something made me wonder the other day...I've never seen a picture of a black/asian/etc., cacher. I've only seen white people. What IS the racial makeup of the caching community?

If you REALLY need to see some pictures of some cachers of color, check out my gallery... I've got two in the making.

77% Caucasian

15% Asian

7% Black

1% Native American/Inuit/Pacific islander

Where did you get those figures? I don't recall having to fill out any demographic questions when signing up other than location?

Dude, there is a slight possibility that that is a joke. :):anibad::)

If those figures are wrong then, then we may need to institute some form of affirmation action or quota system to assure all ethnic, racial, gender, religious, political sexual orientation, creeds, able and different abled folk are equally represented. The caucasian patriarchy of geocaching's paradigm must be destroyed so a new more diverse community can arise. :)

Edited by brodiebunch

We will never become truly 100% all human beings as long as every form you fill out asks about what race you are. And everytime something bad happens to an ethnic group, they blame it on the color of their skin as opposed to what is inside.

Martin Luther King would be disgusted with how everyone is behaving.. This is not what he wanted or envisioned..

We will never become truly 100% all human beings as long as every form you fill out asks about what race you are. And everytime something bad happens to an ethnic group, they blame it on the color of their skin as opposed to what is inside.

Martin Luther King would be disgusted with how everyone is behaving.. This is not what he wanted or envisioned..

We've come a long way since the 60s, but we still have a long way to go.... :anibad:

If those figures are wrong then, then we may need to institute some form of affirmation action or quota system to assure all ethnic, racial, gender, religious, political sexual orientation, creeds, able and different abled folk are equally represented. The caucasian patriarchy of geocaching's paradigm must be destroyed so a new more diverse community can arise. :anibad:

Only if Geocaching is federally-funded. :)

This was discussed many months ago around the time South Carolina's Cemetery Cache controversy was the hot topic. Many conclusions were reached, but it seems Geocaching is not racist, so let's hope this thread doesn't degenerate to that level.

A better question might be wondering about the demographics in each region (for example, by state or country). The OP's question is too broad and invites too many trolls.

77% Caucasian

15% Asian

7% Black

I just thought he was referring to his own personal racial identity. :anibad: But then again, I live in Hawaii where many people can choose more than one box on the race/ethnicity chart.

JRR

Edited to say it's my hand holding that e-trex legend...

Edited by sillygirl & jrr

I thought the only Race in Geocaching was to the FTF.

Team Sand Dollar

But I purposefully don't go for FTF... does this mean I don't exist? Then how am I typing on this forum... *mental meltdown* FREUD, SAVE ME!

/I too think the race component is interesting, though I don't believe it has the slightest thing to do with geocaching at it's core. It's just a people thing.

Something made me wonder the other day...I've never seen a picture of a black/asian/etc., cacher. I've only seen white people. What IS the racial makeup of the caching community?

100% Human Being.

Except for a few hamsters, weasels and rabbits.

And Possums!! :anibad:

:)

77% Caucasian

15% Asian

7% Black

Where did you get those figures? I don't recall having to fill out any demographic questions when signing up other than location?

I wrote down a bunch on numbers on a piece of paper and chose the ones that sounded about right.

Well I am part indian, Irish, german, and I'm sure at one point in time I had a great aunt that was african-american. :blink:

So what percent do I fit in? :o

What is African-American? Does that mean you have dual citizenship in both Africa and America? Why can't we just be American's? The term "African-American" in itself is racist. Martin Luther King tried so hard to make us all equal, but everyone tries so hard to seperate themselves into different little groups.

Homo Sapiens started in Africa, so I suppose most of us in the US are Afro-Americans.

When cut to the chase you are right. Africa has the most genetic diversity in it's people. The rest of the world is just a DNA subset derived from those few who left.

Not everyone believes we evolved from Monkees (I for one). In fact, it's somewhat offensive if you think about it.

Homo Sapiens started in Africa, so I suppose most of us in the US are Afro-Americans.

When cut to the chase you are right. Africa has the most genetic diversity in it's people. The rest of the world is just a DNA subset derived from those few who left.

Not everyone believes we evolved from Monkees (I for one). In fact, it's somewhat offensive if you think about it.

Exactly. Why blame the monkeys for everything and offend them? :blink:

Edited by Corp Of Discovery

i always thought it was from apes not monkeys... though after seeing some people i could be persuaded...

100% almost human here. and i have a certificate to prove it... :blink:

it really doesn't matter though as long as there is nothing to prevent anyone regardless of race colour creed or disability from joining in with the insanity. :o

You mean like Mike Nesmith and Mickey Dolenz?

:blink: I couldn't figure out what the heck you were talking about.... But it just sunk in.. I guess I'm a bit of a youngin'

77% Caucasian

15% Asian

7% Black

I wrote down a bunch on numbers on a piece of paper and chose the ones that sounded about right.

:blink::o:o

Please tell me that you don't work for the IRS...