Daggy Hits 6000

Deermark

Thanks for the congrats! I love hitting milestones. Not for the numbers but for the locations I get to find them in!

Each milestone for me has been in a different state.

1st cache: Blood Mountain in Georgia

1,000th - Brown County, Indiana

2,000th - Mountain top overlooking Larimie, Wyoming

3,000th - Naples, Florida

4,000th - Royal Gorge in Colorado

5,000th - Sedona, Arizona

6,000th - Oldest active cache, Mt. Saint Helen, Oregon

Can't wait for the next trip ... sorry, milestone!

Thanks for the congrats! I love hitting milestones. Not for the numbers but for the locations I get to find them in!

You say "Not for the numbers"? Reading through the logs at THIS EVENT was exciting. It almost felt like being there. What was it about then?

Thanks Sydog. A negative comment coming from someone with more forum posts than finds and only 8 hides in 3 years really carries a lot of weight. Daggy has done more for Geocaching in our state than that non-cacher could ever do in a lifetime.

Deermark

Edited by Deermark

Congrats, Daggy! I think it speaks well of the caching community that so many people have chimed in with their congratulations.

Let's keep things positive, folks. If you need a reminder on how to do that there's always a link to the forum posting guidelines up at the top.

Bret

Daggy - I think it's great that you manage to go to a new state for each milestone. And, I also appreciate all you've done for caching in Indiana (and Kentucky). I know that many many others feel the same way. We know it's not all about the numbers for you (though it might have been somewhat about the trips to really cool and wonderful places that you got to make, all the interesting things you've learned, and all the wonderful people that you've met along the way; hmmm).

ReadyOrNot,

Please go play cache police somewhere else. The negaitivity of your post is not welcome here.

Chris-Team Shydog

Hey, I've only got 205 finds, so don't get me wrong, the record is QUITE impressive. I'm just pointing out that only 59 events were attended with 231 logged events. Let's celebrate the correct number is all. Congrats on 5828 finds! :laughing:

6,000th - Oldest active cache, Mt. Saint Helen, OregonWASHINGTON

Hey, Land Rover - I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that Mt. St. Helens isn't in Oregon. I know that mainly because I spent several years of my childhood in the state of Washington - in the booming metropolis of Walla Walla. :unsure:

Anyway, way to go Daggy!!! I know there's a cache called something like "Let's Go to Disneyland" that is only available to folks who have found caches in all 50 states. Let's see, if you log a find in a new state each 1,000 caches, how old will you be when you get to Disneyland? :laughing:

Mrs. Car54

Thanks Sydog. A negative comment coming from someone with more forum posts than finds and only 8 hides in 3 years really carries a lot of weight. Daggy has done more for Geocaching in our state than that non-cacher could ever do in a lifetime.

Deermark

I think Ready-or-not's hide to find ratio is well within the range I'd consider acaceptable, but that's just my opinion. Everybody hides and seeks at their own rate, according to their own circumstances. I've seen a lot worse ratios up our way...(I've been bugging certain people to hide more up here, I need more finds!!)

I don't know what basis you use to call him a "non-cacher", or how you know what his potential contribution to geocaching might be in the future.

I'm not sure what his number of forum posts in relation to his find total tells us, if anything. Forum posting is just another way to participate and doesn' t cost three bucks a gallon!

He's entitled to his opinion, even if his caching resume is not the strongest on these boards. I tend to lend more credence to those cachers with the most experience, but a couple of hundred finds is an adequate basis from which to form opinions regarding geocaching, I think.

About the only thing we know for sure is he has made a rude, offtopic, inappropriate posting and that he has an agenda that he wants to promote wherever he can thru the use of these forums with personal attacks. This is the type of personality that gets beat up a lot in barfights--or maybe he's a kid and he didn't listen to his mom when she taught him about manners.--at any rate, I think we should cut him some slack. Perhaps he could start his own thread about it. I have no problem whatsover with eviscerating him in the forums on the subject of logging event caches, if that's what he's looking for...