Muggle Logs

Lakebum

I found a cache the other day that had been muggled. This is an island cache on a local lake here. The cache had been moved to a different island about 3 miles away from its location. The ammo can was just lying in the middle of the beach. The cache had apparently been laying on this beach for a couple of weeks before I happened across it. The cache was in good shape with the log book still in tact. Apparently muggles have been coming along and participating in geocaching without knowing it.

I emailed the owner and will be putting it back where it belongs.

Here are some excerpts of the Muggle logs in the log book that I thought were enjoyable:

5/21/06

"We had a great day at the lake. Kids found the treasure. Have fun passing it"

5/22/06

"Hey you! This is such a cool thing.......Amanda.

P.S. Mark if you come back and look at this thing Kellie likes you a lot."

5/22/06

"Real treasure. Cool Idea. Great location"

no date

"Hello"

no date

"Enjoy your party. We did!"

6/5/06

"Almost called the F.B.I. about the "suspicious object", but got brave and first moved it with a stick. When it didn't explode we opened it. What a great surprise."

6/5/06

"Stayed for the night on this island. Little cousin said look Paul they left something from WWII. I said you idiot WWII was in Europe. Dumb$$$. Great game. Left a dip can."

6/10/06

"Greetings... We had fun reading the entries and thinking about the other folks who enjoyed the find. It has been here a long time"

One of our cache containers was once taken by some kids from another galaxy who were joyriding in their parent's starship. They ended up dropping the cache on the surface of Mars, and luckily, a NASA robotic explorer craft found it, and NASA notified us of the misplaced cache find immediately after their robot read the logbook and the cache explanation note, which, luckily, contained our contact information.

I found this log entry in a cache that is very well-cammoed . . . in the green of spring.

df5cb578-5dd2-441b-a47d-42415cf10c99.jpg

When everything turns brown in the late summer and fall, it is a tad bit obvious. :rolleyes:

We also found some terrible, homophobic log entries in a cache that was a small plastic tool box originally filled with tool swag. :anicute: That was very sad and disturbing . . .

We found one a couple of weeks ago in the PA State Game Lands, apparently a hunting couple of Muggles accidentally sat on the cache :anibad: They wrote a nice note and put the cache back (obviously)...in light of some of the negative things that have happened in the SGL's, we thought that was really cool of them.

Heh, my first log was a Muggle log when I stumbled across a cache.

A friend and I stumbled across this cache when exploring the woods at the park. Since I had never heard of Geocache before, I didn't know what it was. Looking at the log, I got some idea, then later came to website Took nothing, left a woodchip. :laughing: Be careful for poison ivy, there is some if you stray too far away.

The 2 most memorable muggle logs were some kids who found a micro and wrote

"Found this today while playing spies in the woods. We'll keep your secret"

and then in a totally different cache that has since been archived because of it's proximity to a gay cruising area.

"I accidentally found this while looking for ****"

(Maybe he was just looking for his friend, Richard)...lol

My favorite was one where they were walking and wanted a rock for their garden. They picked up the rock and found the cache. They signed the log and left the rock.

My next favorite one was signed by some muggles who had shot up the cache and the log. "We found your geo thingie, you should hide them better. - The Three Dickheads".

One of our cache containers was once taken by some kids from another galaxy who were joyriding in their parent's starship. They ended up dropping the cache on the surface of Mars, and luckily, a NASA robotic explorer craft found it, and NASA notified us of the misplaced cache find immediately after their robot read the logbook and the cache explanation note, which, luckily, contained our contact information.

This would make an exellent entry in your Psycho Urban cache series.

Difficulty: 5 -- requires special equipment (interplanetary spaceship)

Terrain: 5 -- Olympus Mons is over 24000 meters tall

dave

I revisited a cache to leave a travel bug and discovered that the cache had been found by Forrest Gump and he was next going to look for Jenny.

I also re-visited another cache to pick up a travel bug and found the bug missing because it had been picked up my some people by the last name of McAnally. Hmmmm. Not sure about that one! They have yet to log the cache or the TB online.

One of my own cache in an old cemetery that family takes care of was visited by two teenage girls who thought the game sounded fun.

I don't know it it was a muggle log or a log from someone who doesn't log their finds but I had one by someone who must be a fan of Steven Wright. The log said something to the effect that he'd found the cache by accident, took everything and replaced it with exact duplicates.

I havn't hidden any caches yet (have the ammo can and stuff, waiting to find a good spot near home) but I visited a cache where the log before mine was from a muggle. It said something like "This is the 2nd time I've found one of these things. I don't have a GPS."

I don't know it it was a muggle log or a log from someone who doesn't log their finds but I had one by someone who must be a fan of Steven Wright. The log said something to the effect that he'd found the cache by accident, took everything and replaced it with exact duplicates.

:)

We found a guardrail micro yesterday that had several muggle logs in it, all of them quite rude. The latest entry included an illustration! :D

We obliterated it. I am just thankful they left the cache there.

This online log brought a smile to my face:

April 20 by ... (54 found)

I found this cache for the first time a few weeks ago as a muggle. I was showing my son the owls that nest in this area and stopped to tie my shoes when I noticed it despite the great camo job. My imagination got the best of me and I figured it must be some punk teenager's stash of drugs. I suppose I wasn't too far off given the addictive nature of the contents. I'm much too obsessive compulsive to have stood a chance. I spent the afternoon on the computer figuring our just what I had found. You know the story from there I'm sure... one Garmin Legend GPSr/google earth plus subscription/GSAK download/Premium membership later and I am ready and itching to find them ALL!!!

In the two months since then, he's found about 50 more!

I had placed a cache on what I thought was a public right-of-way. Turned out it was (just barely) on someone's property, a LARGE farm. A cacher posted a note that I should go read the log book. The owner had entered in the log "This is private property. Please remove this container." Needless to say, I did.

My favorite is one of mine back by a lovely pond...I went out to check on the cache, and found:

1. a log entry by a fisherman noting that it seemed like a fun game and that he had taken a whistle and left
  2. a beer
  3. a cigar
  4. a bag of goldfish

Jamie - NFA

I recently opened an ammo can to find an AZ. ice tea can inside.

My first thought was "What a** left this crap in the cache. Then I read the log book.

The last finders were a couple of kids, they wrote some thing like "Found this thing while walking around the pond. Seems cool. Hope you have fun with my az tea can." At first I was anoyed, then I started thinking if they found the cache, signed the log, and re hid it, and the worst thing they did was leave an empty soft drink can then I realy didn't mind packing the can out of the park.

Found and left in place by the Lakeville Highway Department:

d4301941-d592-4c9e-b8fd-ec00ee29232f.jpg

And someone found another cache of mine on an island:

I was not looking for this, but i found it anyway.. Not an easy one to find, and yes during the summer months watch out for the ants, they are everywhere!!!! Definately would be easier to find and get to during the winter, when everything is frozen and there arent leaves on the trees.