The Project A.p.e. Geocoin - Orders Open

Semper Questio

Not sure where I fall in. I paid for the coins, have a paypal receipt but no email about refund or the coins. Did I miss something?

You should be good if you haven't heard anything back yet. Not everybody who paid via PayPal has to get refunded.

Not sure where I fall in. I paid for the coins, have a paypal receipt but no email about refund or the coins. Did I miss something?

You should be good if you haven't heard anything back yet. Not everybody who paid via PayPal has to get refunded.

Yes, K, thanks. You are correct.

If you paid and did not get an email from me to watch for a refund, then you're in good shape. Only about 20 folks were affected and they have been notified.

For those that have not paid or were never invoiced, invoicing/reinvoicing should resume soon. Some may go out tonight. The invoices will be personal emails from the apecoin at yahoo.com email address.

OK Folks....Some of you have been waiting for this....

By all appearances, it seems everyone has had a pretty good oportunity to get their orders in, so I'm happy to announce the easing of some of the ordering rules. There are also some changes in my shipping plans accordingly. See The Web Site for details, but essentially, the rules changes are....

1. No find date cutoff.

2. No 'per address' limits.

3. The nickel 'per handle' limit was increased to 10.

The following requirements have not, and will not, be changed...

1. An APE find is still required to get a Finder's gold coin.

2. 1 gold coin per finding gc.com handle (logged online).

If you have already ordered coins and would like to order more, just place another order.

Thanks!

SQ

I'm so totally confused where I stand on this coin it's not even funny. I paid, got a refund, and was told to wait before repaying. I honestly don't know what to do....

Hi I just checked thier site if you go to the "order being processed page" you are listed, That indicated being paid I belive There is a link in Semper Questio SIG, Glenn

Edited by glennk721
OK folks. They're gettin' closer! I have the coins, they've been counted, and the family and I have just finished matching up the tracking numbers and activation codes. As soon as I get the shipping labels ready the shipments will begin!

SQ

Wow...that was fast......i'll be looking forward to a padded mailer.......good job.

I'm so totally confused where I stand on this coin it's not even funny. I paid, got a refund, and was told to wait before repaying. I honestly don't know what to do....

I'm still fighting with paypal on those refunds. Don't worry about your coins. You will get them. As for the repayment, if you havn't repaid, I wouldn't until I got the refund. If you have, and Paypal continues to sit on the remaining balance in my account, I'll refund what you have repaid. No one is gonna get stiffed into paying twice and no one is gonna get scammed out of their coins because of paypal.

On the webpage, in SQ's sig line, since the beginning.

The pictures on the webpage are art images, not actual pictures of the coin. <_<

I have been counting coins, matching activation codes, and getting ready for shipping. I have not even completely unwrapped a coin to take a photo yet. But for now I can tell you that the final coin is insanely close to the die art pictures on the web site.

Well, I just spent an absurd amount of time trying to get some pictures with all of our digital cameras and between poor focus, poor lighting, and glare off the coins I can't get an image worth a flip. I'm going to go back to working on getting coins ready for mailing.

SQ...

If you have a scanner....put them on the bed and scan at highest resolution possible. I have found that to work very well. Pull the scan into a photo editor, crop & save as 1024 x 768. I think you will like it.

Well, I just spent an absurd amount of time trying to get some pictures with all of our digital cameras and between poor focus, poor lighting, and glare off the coins I can't get an image worth a flip. I'm going to go back to working on getting coins ready for mailing.

SQ...

If you have a scanner....put them on the bed and scan at highest resolution possible. I have found that to work very well. Pull the scan into a photo editor, crop & save as 1024 x 768. I think you will like it.

I may try that. I've had ours disconnected so long I forogt I had it! <_<

I don't have coin images yet, but I have the final tracking icon for you.....

apeicon32.gif

And for anyone that's interested, we're down to 223 nickel coins and 35 golds.

Packaging for mailing continues and I hope to get the first batch out tomorrow.

Oh CARP! I did so on the web site, but I forgot to give credit here....

The icon art was done by none other than Yemon Yime (Thanks, Yime!). I think I drove the Yime out of the Yemon on this one!

I also forgot to mention that after much gnashing of teeth, we finally got inspiration for the final image from the original POTA movie posters and is an homage to those movies.

Edited by Semper Questio

I don't have coin images yet, but I have the final tracking icon for you.....

apeicon32.gif

And for anyone that's interested, we're down to 223 nickel coins and 35 golds.

Packaging for mailing continues and I hope to get the first batch out tomorrow.

Perfect!

Nicely done (to both you and the Yime)

Maybe I am losing it but didn't you indicate at one time that the icon would be the picture of the monkey that is on the coin?

Don't think so. I wnated to use it, but when it got shrunk down to the 23 pixel it looked pretty bad so we had to go in another direction. Actually we went in several other directions! :(

The Paypal issue is done!!!!

All people who were notified BY ME that they should expect a refund from my apecoin@yahoo.com Paypal account should have gotten it by now.

For those who have not already doen so, repayment can be made according to the instructions I setn you in that prior notification. If you do not still have thta, just let me know and I'll get it off to you.

Sorry again for all the hassle that has been involved in this, but this is (or darn well should be) the last of it.

On to other news.........

I have BOXES of packed bubble mailers in my hall just waiting to have Conf. of delivery and insurance tags added to them and then be taken to the post office. Some are ready to go and will be headed out tomorrow. But as with everything else with this project, I've had some run-around with the post office so those going out tomorrow will be a few test cases to present ot the PO. When I have the mechanics worked out with them, then the floodgates will open (hiopefully tomorrow afternoon).

Sorry, I'v enot had time to get to the scanner, but I thought getting htese ready to mail was a tad more important.

I think I'm gonna go crash now and see if I can shake this migraine.

Night all.

SQ

OK. The first just under 200 mailers are on their way! I'll get the list on the web site updated as soon as I can so you can see who can exoect their coins in the next few days!

I forgot to mention. As a little side game with no prize other than bragging rights.....

As you know, the tracking numbers all begin with "AP". Well, SOME of them (about 32) actually start with "APE". Some gold, some nickel. I had no control over the numbers at all.

In any event, some of these "APE" numbered coins I pulled for certain people for special reasons. That left about 25 or 26. So I put them and some regular numbered coins in a batch, and every so often I yank a coin out of that batch. It may be an "APE", it may not. I don't know. I don't look. Heck, I don't even know if they've all already been sent out or not. Let's see who gets them!

SQ

Edited by Semper Questio

Hi all.

Just a note to let you know that Mama SQ is getting a bunch more mailings out for me today and I'll get the web site updated accordingly this evening. She prepped the last of the first BIG batch last night while I was updating the website and my orders data base. This would have been a killer for me if it had not been for her help, support and ideas on how to streamline the process.

Also, I've updated the Acknowledgements page on the coin site to add a couple more people to thank, especially Miss SQ for helping with prepping the coins and packing them for mailing. Please check it out and give everyone involved the credit they deserve.

I also added a new page that I thought was mildly fun and interesting. It shows where in the world the orders have originated from.

Thanks,

SQ