The Project A.p.e. Geocoin - Orders Open

Semper Questio

The received orders list was just updated again.

There are a few blank orders I received from a glitch we found that hosed the data when a "#" character was encountered (go figure). So look over the list and let me know if your order is missing if it was placed any time before about 30 minutes prior to this posting.

Thanks all!

SQ

If I've already submitted an order for a gold coin, can I submit another order for a nickel coin? Thought I'd ask before submitting again. Because, when I got to the "Please review the information " page, the "Gold coins ordered previously" field was at 0.

Sure can! It'll give you another order number but I'll combine them. I don't know whats up with that 'previously' count. I'll check on it.

Thanks!

SQ

If you are not capping the gold geocoins why is there a limit as to how many you can order? Is that for limited edition purposes?

There is going to be a cap - it just has not been absolutely determined. The original caps being considered are in the 200-250 range. This initial order period will help determine the final number. Also, the limits were set to help maximize opportunity for individuals, families, and groups to get at least 1. If there are some left, that will probably be opened up, but we'll just have to see how that goes.

If I've already submitted an order for a gold coin, can I submit another order for a nickel coin? Thought I'd ask before submitting again. Because, when I got to the "Please review the information " page, the "Gold coins ordered previously" field was at 0.

Sure can! It'll give you another order number but I'll combine them. I don't know whats up with that 'previously' count. I'll check on it.

Thanks!

SQ

Thanks. Order for 2 nickel coins has been submitted.

Edited by Great Scott!

I just entered my order for 1 gold and 2 nickle. please let me know if there is a problem with my order. also I had my kids with me and had milestone caches on an APE cache, is there anyway I can get them a gold coin also?

At this time, I'm afraid not. If golds are still available later then some limits will probably be eased or removed, but for now I'm gonna have to stick to the party line in the interest of fairness.

SQ

I just entered my order for 1 gold and 2 nickle. please let me know if there is a problem with my order. also I had my kids with me and had milestone caches on an APE cache, is there anyway I can get them a gold coin also?

At this time, I'm afraid not. If golds are still available later then some limits will probably be eased or removed, but for now I'm gonna have to stick to the party line in the interest of fairness.

SQ

Please DO NOT remove limit on gold ones, but removing limit on silvers sounds fair. What does everyone else think?

The first batch of invoices have gone out. What a way to spend your lunch hour! :)

And WOW you folks are fast! The first payments came in before I was halfway done with sending out the invoices! (Not that I'm complaing or anything. :rolleyes: )

I'll be starting the next batch after I get home and can get the dogs and bird tended to.

Thanks all!

SQ

SQ

Please DO NOT remove limit on gold ones, but removing limit on silvers sounds fair. What does everyone else think?

Yeah. What PP said.

Fingers hurt, yet? :)

I'm all in favor of making the Gold coin for Registered finders only. But to limit one per house-hold is a bit much. We have a house of 4 cachers. We all may gou out at one time or just a few of us, but we only log finds for those who are present. I've even had to stop for my son to log a find that me and my wife may have gotten before. I just think it is unfair to limit to one when there could be many more, provided that proof can be obtained. :rolleyes::)

Fingers hurt, yet? :)

Nope. Well, not from THIS anyway. Knees, back and hands hurt from pulling old cable out of the computer room, but this stuff hasn't been that bad yet. Between work and tending to the dogs, bird, and house I have not yet had a lot of time to sit down and do BIG chunks of this at a time. (Yeah, I'm a bachelor this week. And I'm stuck workin and doin these coins instead of cachin'! :rolleyes: )

Edited by Semper Questio

I'm all in favor of making the Gold coin for Registered finders only. But to limit one per house-hold is a bit much.

I've stated my case before, but I'll be happy to explain my reasoning again.

When this idea first came to me I wanted to make the coins as widely available as possible and to make the Finders' coin special not only because there are only a limited quantity, but also because it is more of a commemorative piece (that's why I won't call it an LE coin, it is meant to be more than that). Then a few questions came up:

- Multiple APE cache finds by the same person(s)

- Team finds

- Family finds

- Non-human finds (folks logging toys, vehicles, pets, etc.)

- Coin hoarding (collectors and/or dealers wanting to get their hands on many coins at once, which ties to...)

- Secondary market

Taking all of these different scenarios and taking into consideration both economies of scale and my desire to make the gold coins "special", I considered all kinds of elaborate waiting lists, prioritizations, etc. Luckily I saw what kind of a management nightmare all those options would have benn.

So I settled on the number and address limitation. This seemed to me the simplest and fairest way, at least to start with, to make the best opportunity to put inidividuals, teams, and families on an even footing to get their hands on a Finders' coin. I just could not accept the possibility of large teams and families where even pets and kids under 5 (please, no bashing, I have pets and 5 kids myself) who have GC handles could get a whole handful of Finders' coins and, potentially, a person who has found 4 or 5 APE caches gets shutout of getting even 1.

And that brings me back to whether those limits will be lifted. At this point, I don't know. Maybe some, maybe most, but certainly the find requirement will not change.

Well, these people expect me to do some more work, so I need to get off my soapbox and go do something.

Thanks all,

SQ

Greets , I was on the pending order list ?? the first day it was updated, any chance on checking my order I have not recieved a invoice Thanks, Glenn

2 silver

The operative phrase here is that you were on the Received Orders List. You are now on the Orders Being Processed List. You were in the batch that got verified during my lunch hour today and you got moved over accordingly. Barring anything unusual happening, all those verified orders' invoices (yours included) should go out some time this evening.

SQ

Edited by Semper Questio

Well, these people expect me to do some more work, so I need to get off my soapbox and go do something.

Thanks all,

SQ

"More"? that would imply you do any.... :rolleyes:

If it weren't for other stuff goin' on lately, I think I'd hafta fly up there and drink you under a table somewhere! <_<

Edited by Semper Questio

Greets , I was on the pending order list ?? the first day it was updated, any chance on checking my order I have not recieved a invoice Thanks, Glenn

2 silver

The operative phrase here is that you were on the Received Orders List. You are now on the Orders Being Processed List. You were in the batch that got verified during my lunch hour today and you got moved over accordingly. Barring anything unusual happening, all those verified orders' invoices (yours included) should go out some time this evening.

SQ

Thanks for the update,, This is much more work for you with the verification process indeed, Thank you for your efforts with this project, Glenn :rolleyes:

Thanks all,

SQ

"More"? that would imply you do any.... :lol:

If it weren't for other stuff goin' on lately, I think I'd hafta fly up there and drink you under a table somewhere! :P

Well, there is the Tiki Crawl this weekend in Portland....

Thanks all,

SQ

"More"? that would imply you do any.... :lol:

If it weren't for other stuff goin' on lately, I think I'd hafta fly up there and drink you under a table somewhere! :P

Well, there is the Tiki Crawl this weekend in Portland....

Sorry. Helpin a cacher-buddy move and doin'somethin' with some kinda "geocoin" thingies.

Speakin' of which. No verificiations or invoices yet today due to helping said cacher move. Will be doing it tomorrow too. I hope to get som eknocked out tonght and tomorrow early and late.

In the mean time there may be some significant news in the next few days - I HOPE!

SQ

Ok, maybe I missed it..When will these be shipped?

Nope, you aint missed it. I don't have a shipping date yet. The minting order should go in one day this week. I don't have an estimate yet on how long it will take to produce and receive them. WHen I have all that info, I'll say so here and the details will be on the coin page.

OK everyone. The last of the invoices (as of 1:54 pm my time today - 6/25) are being sent out at this very moment. That gets everything all caught up. So when will you get your coins?

I am now waiting on the tracking numbers from Groundspeak and once those go in the final metal mix ratio will be decided and the minting order will go in. I'm hoping Monday or Tuesday. I don't have a completion estimate yet. I hope to get that when the order is placed.

In the meantime, I will keep answering questions, checking for and processing new orders, and processing payments.

Thanks all!

SQ

I just placed and order a minute ago, but now the website is timing out for me too. It pings ok too, so that is weird.

Hmm. I don't know what it could be. I can pull it up fine. I also went to the site admin page and everything looks good there. You may try closing and restarting your browser.

On a side note, orders don't automatically show up. They get manually added by me after I download the latest orders so it may be a while before your order shows up. Also, since I am all caught up (for now anyway) orders may first appear on the Processing list without ever having appeared on the Received list.

I'll keep checking on the site.

SQ

OK folks. Paypal is having its way with me. For some reason my account was selected for audit and verification. Until I can jump through the required number of hoops, they are disallowing pretty much all transactions and some invoices are being cancelled by them.

Until I post on here that I got it all fixed, please just sit tight.

Sorry for yet another PITA.

SQ

OK folks. Paypal is having its way with me. For some reason my account was selected for audit and verification. Until I can jump through the required number of hoops, they are disallowing pretty much all transactions and some invoices are being cancelled by them.

SQ

Sounds like the mystery shopper has complained to paypal again, one reason that I did not presell any (after 1 & 2) of the Civil War Geocoins.

I received and answered two inquiries about the coins, they will not tell you why your account was "picked" just that it was :)

SQ

Sounds like the mystery shopper has complained to paypal again, one reason that I did not presell any (after 1 & 2) of the Civil War Geocoins.

I received and answered two inquiries about the coins, they will not tell you why your account was "picked" just that it was :)

I guess whomever causes this either doesn't understand that they are gumming up the works for everyone, not just the seller, or they just delight in making life difficult for as many people as possible in the shortest possible time. Probably drives with their turn signal on all the time too. :)