The Project A.p.e. Geocoin - Orders Open

Semper Questio

Refreshed the page for over an hour and still not able to get the order information. It was only after I came to the forums and hit the link in this topic that I was able to get to the order information.

Got my order in, but don't know what I have.

That's the same problem we had--do you also use AOL???

The fix has been tested and put in place. The order form should work properly now.

SO sorry for that folks!

I don't know what the problem with the AOL page refreshes is, but Allanon's links are correct as is his post about the green jewels for the active caches. Thanks Allanon!

Edited by Semper Questio

acnbl.jpg

According to my limited knowledge, the green 'jems' are the active Missions.

Upper left - Mission 9: Tunnel of Light in Washington

Middle - Mission 12: Blind Canel in Illinois

Middle Right - Mission 9: Crab Creek in Maryland

South - Mission 4: Southern Bowl in Brazil

Looks like they are all there to me.

Okay. I guess Illinois moved. LOLOLOL.

Nah...you just don't have the Great Lakes in there for reference... :)

The fix has been tested and put in place. The order form should work properly now.

SO sorry for that folks!

I don't know what the problem with the AOL page refreshes is, but Allanon's links are correct as is his post about the green jewels for the active caches. Thanks Allanon!

I figured you were kinda busy and thought I'd try and help out...

acnbl.jpg

According to my limited knowledge, the green 'jems' are the active Missions.

Upper left - Mission 9: Tunnel of Light in Washington

Middle - Mission 12: Blind Canel in Illinois

Middle Right - Mission 9: Crab Creek in Maryland

South - Mission 4: Southern Bowl in Brazil

Looks like they are all there to me.

Okay. I guess Illinois moved. LOLOLOL.

Nah...you just don't have the Great Lakes in there for reference... :)

:) Looks too far west to me. But really, I don't care. :D I just want the coin! :D

You may need to do a page refresh on the order form to pick up the changes.

This is the first time I've ever tried ordering a geocoin for purchase. Normally I trade for the ones I want, but because this one is limited to one per APE cache finder, I tried ordering directly. I hope it is not always this hard? :)

I am still getting the error message even though I have reset the ordering form and refreshed the page as you suggested. My find was on Mission 12: Blind Canal. I hope it is still OK to use a different APE cache, as I am going to try that next.

EDIT: My order went through using Mission 4: Southern Bowl. :)

Edited by The Leprechauns

You may need to do a page refresh on the order form to pick up the changes.

This is the first time I've ever tried ordering a geocoin for purchase. Normally I trade for the ones I want, but because this one is limited to one per APE cache finder, I tried ordering directly. I hope it is not always this hard? :)

I am still getting the error message even though I have reset the ordering form and refreshed the page as you suggested. My find was on Mission 12: Blind Canal. I hope it is still OK to use a different APE cache, as I am going to try that next.

Hmm. May need to dump your cache.

For anyone still having problems, just use a different cache and make a note in the address line 2 and I'll make a manual change to your orders.

My deepest apologies.

SQ

Edited by Semper Questio

I also continue to have problems with Mission 12, even after clearing browser cache and refreshing page.

I finally placed an order for Mission 4, and as directed, put the correct info in the "Address Line 2".

I also used Mission 4, but I needed both of the address lines for my shipping address. I hope my posts here are sufficient.

Thank you, Semper Questio, for your patience and understanding, and for your hard work with this geocoin.

I too found the Mission 12 cache but the order form will not accept it.

Keeps giving me an error. I went ahead and ordered the Nickle but still would like a gold.

I found the Mission 12 on June 4, 2005.

I used Mission 4 to get it to work.

Edited by 501_Gang

I placed an order about 1/2 hour ago. Got an order number. But no email verification. And I also don't see anyones name under either "Received Orders List" or "Orders Being Processed List". Sound like quite a few placed orders. Are we suppost to get email verification or is it just me and my computer? :)

The lists are not update automatically and no order confirmation emails are sent. The lists have to be updated manually and with the problems with the form this morning that will take a tad longer this evening than originally envisioned. But other than work, a little food and the occasional nap, this is my top priority! :)

I placed my order at 9:18am and I have not received any email verification either. I hope that I ordered early enough to make the cut.

I guess since we have order numbers, it should be safe to assume we made the cut! I hope... :)

No need to worry about a cut at this point. Final minting numbers have not been determined.

I placed my order at 9:18am and I have not received any email verification either. I hope that I ordered early enough to make the cut.

I guess since we have order numbers, it should be safe to assume we made the cut! I hope... :)

No need to worry about a cut at this point. Final minting numbers have not been determined.

I thought I saw somewhere that you were only going to make 200 of the gold coins, but I can't seem to find that anywhere now. Was that changed on the ordering page?

I got the following message

"Your order cannot be processed until you provide a valid date that you found the APE cache.

The range for this cache is between li/nd/_-_B and 06/16/2006."

I also used the Mission 4 to place the order for a Gold coin. I hope it works.

We actually found the Mission 12: Blind Canal on March 24, 2005

The lists are not update automatically and no order confirmation emails are sent. The lists have to be updated manually and with the problems with the form this morning that will take a tad longer this evening than originally envisioned. But other than work, a little food and the occasional nap, this is my top priority! :rolleyes:

Thanks... I think we all can let out that breath we have been holding. What a rush this morning. And it sounds like you are running on empty. Keep up the good work. :anicute:

The first iteration of the received orders list is out there for your review. There are osme orders that came across with nothing but a real name. Others the GC.com handle looks kinda funny. Look over the list and use the email link at the bottom to send questions and/or corrections.

The list only includes orders up to about 9pm my time so any placed after that won't be on there yet.

Also there have been none of the promised manual additions/changes made so those are not yet reflected in those orders. Also, keep in mind this is pre-verification. See the sites Sales Process section for details on how I'm handling all this stuff.

OK.. .That's it for me. It's been a LONG couple of days so I'm gonna go down a beer, get a shower, and crash.

Nite all and thanks for your orders and your patience!

SQ

Your doing a great job Semper Questio!

I'm sure this can't be easy!!

Just a note:

The 501 Gang should have 2 reg and 1 gold. The gold was sent in on a 2nd order because it (the order form) wasn't accepting the Mission 12 Ape Cache. We did it on June 4, 2005

Edited by 501_Gang

Your doing a great job Semper Questio!

I'm sure this can't be easy!!

Just a note:

The 501 Gang should have 2 reg and 1 gold. The gold was sent in on a 2nd order because it (the order form) wasn't accepting the Mission 12 Ape Cache. We did it on June 4, 2005

Thanks 501G! I OBVIOUSLY didn't know what I was getting into when I agreed to do this and WHAT was I thinking when I came up with this whole "finders' commemorative" concept! :anibad:

I got your note on the 2nd order and I'll be watching for it.

Thanks again!

SQ

A couple of quick notes....

1. The mission 12 problem was fixed. It appears some folks have just been getting an old copy of the code stuck in their cache. Folks that have shut down their browser and/or PC since they had problems have been able to get their order through OK. Anyone who I have told I will manually fix, I will still do so DON"T place another order. I've gotcha covered.

2. Sometime tomorrow I will be taking the orders offline for a little while to do some DB maintenance and make some manual changes. I'm afraid I'm not set up to do these changes with everything live. I'll have it back online as soon as I'm done.

3. But most important....

Thanks to everyone for such an overwhelming response! I expected and good number of orders but nothing like this so fast. Thanks also for your patience as we work through our problems and process. All this is new to me and I'm not too sure I could have picked a much more difficult project to cut my teeth on! All I can say about this experience and you folks is..WOW :anibad:

Sure don't mean to add to your load SQ, but... when did you last update that order processing list?

I ordered a gold this morning - no techno glitches 'tall and have an order number, but don't seem to be on the list (yet?)

No problem. I understand your concerns and I'm happy to explain.

The processing list gets updated as invoices start going out (which happens after orders get validated).

The orders received list was last updated last night at about 9pm central. I was doing a lot of manual order fixing today plus we had family in from out of town. We also found some other minro bugs in the order handling code so that had to get fixed. I'll probably hit the received orders list again tomorrow (its all manual html editing) and start order validation after that.

If oyu have an order number, you can be pretty confident the order is there. It just takes me a little while to get it all handled.

Thanks!

SQ

2. Sometime tomorrow I will be taking the orders offline for a little while to do some DB maintenance and make some manual changes. I'm afraid I'm not set up to do these changes with everything live. I'll have it back online as soon as I'm done.

Scratch this. I had a web host issue this evening and I took advantage of that and did the maintenance already.

Happy caching!

SQ