The Project A.p.e. Geocoin - Orders Open

Semper Questio

<Sigh!> I'm still waiting. :lol: I expect it will get to our outlying post office today (maybe tomorrow) and go out for delivery tomorrow, or maybe the next day. But if it's insured (I didn't pay attention to that part!) they will only deliver a notice that they want a signature and make me come on in to get it. They don't come by the house anymore. :)

Folks, we just finished packing tomorrow's shipments and checking our accounting so, for the first time in days, I'm about to head to bed far earlier than I have been AND without the accompanying migraine!

But before I go, I wanted to thank everyone for all the kind words here, in PM's, via email, and by phone that I have received since the coins started hitting the streets. The response has been overwhelming. I never imagined that they would be so well received.

Thanks again, and good night to all.

SQ

Edited by Semper Questio

Where can I get the activation code.

Thanks

The activation code is on a white sticker below the tracking number (with the "AP" prefix) on the outer plastic bag.

Thanks very much. I had thrown it away as I've done so many other times. At least the kitchen can wasn't messy.

OK. The first just under 200 mailers are on their way! I'll get the list on the web site updated as soon as I can so you can see who can exoect their coins in the next few days!

I forgot to mention. As a little side game with no prize other than bragging rights.....

As you know, the tracking numbers all begin with "AP". Well, SOME of them (about 32) actually start with "APE". Some gold, some nickel. I had no control over the numbers at all.

In any event, some of these "APE" numbered coins I pulled for certain people for special reasons. That left about 25 or 26. So I put them and some regular numbered coins in a batch, and every so often I yank a coin out of that batch. It may be an "APE", it may not. I don't know. I don't look. Heck, I don't even know if they've all already been sent out or not. Let's see who gets them!

SQ

My coins arrived today. My nickel one's tracking number starts with APE!!! Both have the #8 in them (which sounds like APE in a way). My Gold one ends in ME. :lol::D:lol:

My coins arrived today. My nickel one's tracking number starts with APE!!! Both have the #8 in them (which sounds like APE in a way). My Gold one ends in ME. :D:lol::lol:

I have to confess - I kept a gold that starts with "APE" for myself.

Mrs SQ happened to spot a nickel coin with my initials in its number (but not an "APE") so I grabbed it for my nickel keeper. :lol:

Well, gang, THAT didn't take long. One of the APE coins is already on e**y. And he lifted the images and description right from my website. Can you say "copyright infringement"?

For anyone shopping, e**y for these, I still have them available and my cost INCLUDES shipping (he's charging $3).

Once I sell them folks can do what they want with them, but geeze, $3 shipping and snarking content? At least try to be original! Sheesh! :D

e**bay update......

Well, the guy, instead of making the mods I requested, added a paragraph which syas, among other things, that I stole the ape images to use on the coin! What nerve! Apparently he does not know that Groundspeak had to approve the deign to get the tracking! Anyhow, it has escalated, so we'll see how it goes.

On another front, you'll see another auction in the morning, but don't be alarmed. It is an 'advetising' auction placed by us. Thought we'd see what happens.

We've still got coins here, so spread the word and keep those orders coming.

For those new orders, they'll get processed tomorrow. I'm on my way to bed.

Thanks to all.

Edited by Semper Questio

e**bay update......

Well, the guy, instead of making the mods I requested, added a paragraph which syas, among other things, that I stole the ape images to use on the coin! What nerve! Apparently he does not know that Groundspeak had to approve the deign to get the tracking! Anyhow, it has escalated, so we'll see how it goes.

Mrs. Shop99er here....

When I read that on the auction I took it a completely different way. Now this guy could have meant that SQ lifted the images without permission, but I took it to read that the images on the coin were the same as those at Groundspeak. Not stolen without permission, just recreated.

I think this may be a case of bad grammar and not an accusation of theft. The auction lister made an uneducated statement at the very least. Can we find out for sure what he meant and what he knows before we light the torches and sharpen the pitchforks?

Signed...

The Truly Unpleasant Mrs. Shop99er

--26 year veteran of both Mr. Shop99er and Semper Questo

--voice of reason

--occasional pollyana

e**bay update......

Mrs. Shop99er here....

When I read that on the auction I took it a completely different way. Now this guy could have meant that SQ lifted the images without permission, but I took it to read that the images on the coin were the same as those at Groundspeak. Not stolen without permission, just recreated.

I think this may be a case of bad grammar and not an accusation of theft. The auction lister made an uneducated statement at the very least. Can we find out for sure what he meant and what he knows before we light the torches and sharpen the pitchforks?

Signed...

The Truly Unpleasant Mrs. Shop99er

--26 year veteran of both Mr. Shop99er and Semper Questo

--voice of reason

--occasional pollyana

Well, in the description of the coin he says "Has picture of 2 apes (which the person that created the coin stole from the project ape cache pages)."

I dunno - sounds pretty clear to me he is talking about the apes on the coin. He's talking about the appearance of the coin and the ape being lifted from the cache pages. Not the coin images being lifted form the forums. Which is moot anyway, because I still have permission from the photographer (budd-rdc) to use when he does not and using the word "stole" is wholly inappropriate anyway.