I Love Micros!

One of my all-time favorites for the fun factor was this one, which is archived now, so I suppose I can talk about it.

It was only the ninth cache we hunted for, and it had me saying things to my beloved husband like "Slide your hand along his rump, Honey"--Which made me laugh out loud. My beloved didn't really appreciate that. His one-eyebrow raised glare let me know that.

I was laughing so hard I almost didn't realize what was happening when my husband actually had the cache in his hands, and said something like "What's this?" (Well, he's an ex-sailor, so it didn't go quite like that) before deciding to put it back where he found it --whatever it was.

Just after he got it back where he found it, I decided that maybe I ought to look at whatever that was...He retrieved it.... Yep, teensy little nano cache.

My all-time favorite place to find a micro was Behind the Sun..that tale is written up in Today's Cacher (link on the cache page).

My all-time best caching adventure came from this micro Hey Guy's it's this Way!. It's a PM cache, so I'm sorry if you can't see it, but really it was "just" a micro in the woods, but it led to this adventure.

And my took-me-the-most-times-to-find-it was Tennis Anyone--(Gosh, another PM) ...We finally spotted it two years to the day we first looked for it!

I've only found 3 micros (not counting stages of a multi), so I can't speak much to 'em. One was a typical lamp post skirt, but in a lovely park I'd driven past 1,000 times and never stopped to visit. One was extremely urban, so that's a different challenge, also a pretty nifty hide. The other was in a very small roadside monument that pretty much nobody knows exists, and it was a very clever hide.

I see micros as a different kind of challenge. Don't know, maybe since I don't live in a city, I'm not quite jaded to them yet. The 3 I've found, I've fully enjoyed though!

Thanks for sharing. Another micro we really enjoyed was Holy, Wholly, Holey Drive-up. It was a very well camoflauged micro in plain site.

Somehow we missed the "drive-up" part. Me, my wife, and our 13 yr old all three had flashlights out looking in every knook and cranny we could find. The funny part is this was a rock wall made of some material that literally had thousands of perfect hiding spots for a micro.

After about 40 minutes of searching, my wife reread the description. We managed to find it after another 10 minutes of searching.

Absolutely, I really like finding and placing Micros. But I like them all ...Regular, micros, traditionals, but I don't care to hunt Virts, ???, puzzles, but I'm not against them. I think this sport has somrthing for all of us... :grin: I must say that all my placements are in scenic, interesting, and challenging areas. My purpose of placing a micro is to bring cachers to those types of places, which means...not for just the numbers#### :( Have fun and keep on caching in whats good for this sport/hobby. Don't forget if you are not placing Caches, you are not giving to others in Geocaching. GFI :)

I love to hunt micros, they are usually well hidden (extra difficulty) and are closer to urban areas which in this time of the year in florida is hot as heck.

I save the larger caches for the rare cool day, and other parts of the year when you don't sweat buckets.

I love to hunt micros, they are usually well hidden (extra difficulty) and are closer to urban areas which in this time of the year in florida is hot as heck.

I save the larger caches for the rare cool day, and other parts of the year when you don't sweat buckets.

Can I get an a man!

They are a great way to beat the heat, micro's in the summer and hikes in the winter.

Pepper...gulf coast

Edited by Pepper
If you don't like them, don't hunt for them.

:rolleyes:

I see this said often, so I'll say it, too, since it's senseless. I thought people hide caches because they WANT others to hunt for them. So if I end up with an unpleasant experience, I blame myself or the hider for it, not the container size. Micro containers don't just walk themselves to a lame location. :rolleyes:

I hate micros.

Ever since I changed my pocket queries to exclude them, the quality of my caches found on GC has gone up significantly.

I can understand eliminating Micros using a filter in GSAK so you don't have to look for any urban Micros if you don't like searching where there are muggles around, but if you eliminate all micros from your database, you miss the opportunity to see this location.

13fd02a1-24fb-4295-8873-d17051ed5d61.jpg