Waymark Categories Available For Adoption

Hmmmm. Thanks for trying, but after re-submittting it still shows "hasn't been approved yet" It must be something else.

Had you saved without submitting before that fix was made?

I believe I did when I first made the page, to upload some photos before I submitted. But I've gone back and re-submitted since the fix was made - twice, I think.

Hmmmm. Thanks for trying, but after re-submittting it still shows "hasn't been approved yet" It must be something else.

Had you saved without submitting before that fix was made?

I believe I did when I first made the page, to upload some photos before I submitted. But I've gone back and re-submitted since the fix was made - twice, I think.

Apparently it's not working afterall. I hesitate to put Sean on the problem, though, since it will be a moot point when all the categories have been adopted by groups.

So far 39 of 80 categories have been fully adopted by waymarkers. Outstanding! Here is a list of the Groups which only need one more Officer to be fully self-sufficient:

Fishing Holes

Suspension Bridges

Dog Statues

Concert Halls

Unique Weathervanes

Pony Express Monuments

Turtle Crossings

Working Water Wheels

Old Tractors

Foucalt Pendulums

Topiaries

Coordinate Palindromes

Ghost Towns

Ice Cream Parlors

Graffiti

If you have an interest in any of these categories be sure to join the Group so they can be saved. Thanks to everyone who has stepped up!

-Nate

So far 39 of 80 categories have been fully adopted by waymarkers. Outstanding! Here is a list of the Groups which only need one more Officer to be fully self-sufficient:

Suspension Bridges

Concert Halls

Old Tractors

G'day

These three have at least been covered (have two officers). A search or sort feature would be handy for the join a group listings. Scrolling through 200+ listings looking for particular ones is a bit of a hassle.

Regards

Andrew

Suspension Bridges

Concert Halls

Old Tractors

G'day

These three have at least been covered (have two officers). A search or sort feature would be handy for the join a group listings. Scrolling through 200+ listings looking for particular ones is a bit of a hassle.

Regards

Andrew

All the categories listed above have 3 Officers including the user Adopt Me. The idea is to have another officer join so Adopt Me can quit without causing the category to go back on Probation status.

Add this one to the list:

Pet Cemetaries

-Nate

EDIT to say that adding sorting options to the Join A Group page is a great idea. We'll work on making that more functional when some of the other fixes are out of the way.

Edited by OpinioNate
All the categories listed above have 3 Officers including the user Adopt Me. The idea is to have another officer join so Adopt Me can quit without causing the category to go back on Probation status.

Okay, I miss understood your opening post, which I thought it indicated a category only need two "real" officers to see Adopt Me voted out. As I understand your comment above, the categories need three "real: officers (Adopt me + three others). Is that correct? If so, then the categories I mentioned will need another real officer. Back to finding them : :lol:

EDIT to say that adding sorting options to the Join A Group page is a great idea. We'll work on making that more functional when some of the other fixes are out of the way.

Thanks.

Regards

Andrew

Okay, I miss understood your opening post, which I thought it indicated a category only need two "real" officers to see Adopt Me voted out. As I understand your comment above, the categories need three "real: officers (Adopt me + three others). Is that correct? If so, then the categories I mentioned will need another real officer. Back to finding them : :lol:

Need only two officers to vote Adopt Me from being the leader of the group however he remains in the group as an officer until he quits. You need 3 real officers for the group to be fully qualified to manage the category and not have the category become probational.

Need only two officers to vote Adopt Me from being the leader of the group however he remains in the group as an officer until he quits. You need 3 real officers for the group to be fully qualified to manage the category and not have the category become probational.

Thanks for clarifying.

Regards

Andrew

:P Okay . . . sorry to be so behind the curve, but what happens when you "join a group?"

I just listed a Pet Cemetery Waymark, and I know of a Relocated Structure, but what "responsibilies" does this involve? :blink:

When you join a Group you will become a "Member", and potentially be promoted to Officer status by the Group Leader. In the case of the categories available for adoption in this thread you will definitely be promoted to the Officer ranks to help manage the category.

This FAQ will explain some of the intracacies of Group management:

What are my responsibilities as a category manager?

This is a big job! As a category manager it is your responsibility to determine the rules, with help from your Group Officers, for posting a waymark to your new category. What are you trying to accomplish? If you choose "Medieval Castles" and would like to know not only the location, but also the year a castle was built and who lived there, you should clearly define each of these points in the description of your category. Also, you will have the option of approving each new waymark submitted to your category. If you choose to review all new waymarks, it will be your responsibility to judge each submission for adherence to your stated guidelines. Many people will be counting on you to preserve the integrity of your category.