The 50 State Multi-cache

I've been siezed with indecision about where to place the New Mexico cache. It's a big state, with many different types of areas.

One thing I'm thinking about is that Albuquerque has the only major airport, AND both I-25 (N/S) and I-40 (E/W) go through it, so it is very accessible to travelers.

However, to me, the city does not typify the state, and there are so many gorgeous places to visit!

Any thoughts from you would be appreciated!

(Glad we aren't limited to the state capital...)

I've been through New Mexico, but never stopped...but when I think of New Mexico, I think of Taos Pueblo, Grants Pass, Albuquerque, Vasquez de Coronado, Roswell, Los Cruces, Gallup, Carlsbad, Route 66, Georgia O'Keefe, and the Santa Fe Trail. My husband drove a truck cross country for several years, and I know from stories that he told me that I had a skewed view of New Mexico--but perhaps that will give you some ideas. I think every state will have it's challenges. Albuguerque being the only "real" metropolitan area in the state is a blessing and a bane for you. If you want to stick with Albuquerque for the accesibility perhaps you could find something not too far from the metro area that connects to some of the things you think of when you think New Mexico.

Edited by Team Neos

I've been siezed with indecision about where to place the New Mexico cache. It's a big state, with many different types of areas.

One thing I'm thinking about is that Albuquerque has the only major airport, AND both I-25 (N/S) and I-40 (E/W) go through it, so it is very accessible to travelers.

However, to me, the city does not typify the state, and there are so many gorgeous places to visit!

Any thoughts from you would be appreciated!

(Glad we aren't limited to the state capital...)

I spent a summer working in Los Alamos several years back and know that there are also many very interesting places for a hide around there. Not to mention the historical significance of the area.

I would say that you should just go with an area that really says "New Mexico" to you. I think the cool factor outweighs whether or not it is easy to travel to and get away from.

Edited by Blue Power Ranger

just so you all do not think I am slacking... Kentucky is in the process of being hid - the location is perfect, now we are just waiting for final authorization of the land manager.

There are quite a few of them in this stage. I see a bunch of them being published in the next couple weeks.

Can't wait to see it.

I just noticed that as of now, there are 13 caches published. Shouldn't the first 13 be special somehow?

Well, they are all special to me. What did you have in mind?

13 Original Colonies... 13 Original State Caches... that's all I meant.

When we were starting it was more a group of people that were experienced, ready to hide, and had everything ready to go. Most had already gotten permission from land owners and just waiting on the html page from us.

First I want to say Congrats to everyone, and Thank You for all of your hard work!

I saw this topic and have been reading it from the start, waaay back I offered to help with PA. :D

It's been coming along great!

I have a question, please.

I read a few things about an official geocoin or something that may be done with this series, and was wondering if there was any more info on that? I'd love to purchase one.

I won't be able to do this series, but I'd love to be a part of it in some way. If I can help in any way, can someone let me know?

Congrats again!

Karen ~ Boo

:D

Colorado has now been published. Looks great.

Boy, spend the wknd in the mtns and your thunder gets taken :D ... thanks Blue, you're doin' a good job.

I'm really impressed with the other state cache write-ups, gonna havta research CO history and expand my page. Looking forward to finding them all.

ONCE AGAIN- Colorado has been published.

Thanks for your input; I think I've decided NOT to put it in the ABQ area...Now to decide WHICH area!

Definitely look at the Capulin Volcano area. Absolutely amazing.

I have a spot picked out for Arkansas, but I'm having a terrible time getting out there to do it.

And YES...Hawaii needs to be published right away. I'm going there next Sunday!

A note on Alaska... My goal is to get the cache hid this week. I contacted some more experience and active Alaskan cachers to see if any of them wanted the honor of doing this, and the one reply I got encouraged me to do it. If there is any other Alaskans out there that want to be a part of the hide, let me know. I don't want to assume that I represent all Alaskan cachers. The hide will highlight a uniquely Alaskan tradition, and be 1 hour from Anchorage.

Well we have our first muggle report. They took the Whole thing, TB's and all. Most upsetting. So we have posted a note for our reviewer to approve the new cords that we had to relocate to. They did leave us a crow bar to replace the one we lost in the lake a few days before.

This is one of the biggest problems with reviewer notes. Their main focus is to document the exchange between cache hider and reviewer *before* the cache is listed. When published, these notes automatically delete when the cache is published. It makes it so we don't have to go back and manually delete them (which we used to do and was time consuming). Reviewer notes posted on a published cache go to no one except the owner and the watchlist. If you have a question about a cache *after* it is published, you must write the reviewer directly via their profile or email.

Glad I was reading the topic. I'll check out the cache for you Team Gryarvold. :)

Well we have our first muggle report. They took the Whole thing, TB's and all. Most upsetting. So we have posted a note for our reviewer to approve the new cords that we had to relocate to. They did leave us a crow bar to replace the one we lost in the lake a few days before.

This is one of the biggest problems with reviewer notes. Their main focus is to document the exchange between cache hider and reviewer *before* the cache is listed. When published, these notes automatically delete when the cache is published. It makes it so we don't have to go back and manually delete them (which we used to do and was time consuming). Reviewer notes posted on a published cache go to no one except the owner and the watchlist. If you have a question about a cache *after* it is published, you must write the reviewer directly via their profile or email.

Glad I was reading the topic. I'll check out the cache for you Team Gryarvold. :)

Am so glad you are around. You have saved the day. Now I now know what to do the next time ( which hopefully won't happen for awhile) this happens. Thanks for being on the ball for us. :D

Cache Across America - Massachusetts has published!

10 down - 41 to go!

Thanks BlkSqrl413 & MrsBlkSqrl!

B) Published Today & Found by Massachusetts Geocachers - Alberio & the Juggler of Doom Today! We're psyched! Thanks again Blue Power Ranger for coming up with this idea & making it a reality! :)

Hmm, I'm flying into BDL and driving to Stockbridge in a few weeks. I just might have to perusade shadowgal to allow for a slight detour off of the interstate. B)

don't tell her about the slugs from the OP's log, please. B)

Cache Across America - Massachusetts has published!

10 down - 41 to go!

Thanks BlkSqrl413 & MrsBlkSqrl!

:) Published Today & Found by Massachusetts Geocachers - Alberio & the Juggler of Doom Today! We're psyched! Thanks again Blue Power Ranger for coming up with this idea & making it a reality! B)

Hmm, I'm flying into BDL and driving to Stockbridge in a few weeks. I just might have to perusade shadowgal to allow for a slight detour off of the interstate. B)

don't tell her about the slugs from the OP's log, please. B)

It shouldn't be to hard to find! :lol: We say "Go For It!!"

:huh: Just wondering if anyone on this thread had seen this geocoin before?: http://cgi.ebay.com/BRASS-GEOCACHE-AMERICA...1QQcmdZViewItem

:huh: Also wondering when Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, & New York will publish their caches?

;) Lastly, how does a cache owner of this series get credit for the cache that they hid?

Guess that's enough questions for one morning :D

Put me down for Missouri. I'm in the southwest corner.

Dang it... See what happens if you don't read every hour? :rolleyes: Jim, I got yer back if you need it.

Jhwk - I'll list you as a second MO contact if that is okay. Backups are good because there will be some attrition.

OK :)

Looks like Alabama has published too.

What a beautiful view from near the cache!!! Wish I were in the South to see this one myself. This too has been added to the bookmark. 16 caches published! :rolleyes:

64d68789-d233-4173-a3ea-e9141cbaed20.jpg

Mount Cheha (sp?) I actually lived about five miles from there back in the 80's. Recognized it immediately! Can't wait to get started on this bad boy. Should take me... years! :)

I am located right next to the kansas city 1! i could do it

Thanks but at this point the states are covered.

It is just a matter of getting what remains placed. I can also report that Kelly@9 is doing great work towards getting formal land manager approval for a final in DC. Thanks again to all volunteers! :rolleyes::anibad::)

Edited by Blue Power Ranger

:rolleyes: Just wondering if anyone on this thread had seen this geocoin before?: http://cgi.ebay.com/BRASS-GEOCACHE-AMERICA...1QQcmdZViewItem

:) Also wondering when Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, & New York will publish their caches?

:blink: Lastly, how does a cache owner of this series get credit for the cache that they hid?

Guess that's enough questions for one morning :)

Still waiting to hear from our fellow New England States & New York! :anibad: We're ready to find some other states, but they need to be published! B)

Ill do VT.

Blue Power Ranger has already said four posts up that all states have been covered.

A tip of the hat to Team Gryarvold in LA. He hasn't mentioned it, but he got his muggled cache back online right away. Outstanding job Team Gryarvold!!

Edited by mtn-man