The 50 State Multi-cache

For some reason I could not send you an email Blue Power Ranger, but i would like to do Virginia if you still need it. I live in Fredericksburg which is near many battlefields (Fredericksburg, Chancellor, Spotsylvania Courthouse, Wilderness), historic buildings (Belvedere, George Washington's Ferry Farm, St. James House), and tourist attractions. I feel that this is a great area of Virginia and is fit for a Cache Across America Cache. Please email me if you would like me to set up a cache.

(edited for typo)

Edited by Pyro37976

Nebraska - I know a good spot.

I was considering doing one in Nebraska myself -- but you are far more experienced -- go for it! Maybe we can get western Nebraska on the map!

Nebraska has been up for some time. Feel free to search for it at N 41° 13.336 W 103° 34.515.

Cool, this is even WAY west of me! I figured we would end up with this thing in Omaha or Lincoln, like everything else in Nebraska. Nice to bring some people to the western side of the state -- it is so much more scenic, IMHO. :laughing:

Reviewer got it up relatively fast for it being Halloween :huh:

And I've already got 2 local cachers that have found it, WTG guys.

BPR, thanks for the chance to do this, its already got my evil mind working on some other non CAA related caches. heheheh

Hope everyone enjoys it, its just a small niche of our small state but I think the view will make it worth it. Least this time of year there wont be so many summer tourists clogging our roads, & we dont have sales tax here so come do holiday shopping. :blink:

Another one up -

Florida is waiting to be found.

Just thought I would clarify about it being a multi. There is nothing you will need to figure out between the steps. It is just to be sure people follow a specifc route.

Thanks to spot-trotter for this hide.

Only 6 left, with a new Illinois only a couple days away.

After that, stay tuned for

Idaho

Montana

New Jersey

North Dakota

Virginia

all of which have people hiding them.

And of course the final.....in the process..

I am pleased to announce we are getting closer to the final.... 2 more published today. We now have 46 up and running. :rolleyes:

Illinois is back up and running. There was a problem with the location before and now has been rehidden in a much safer place. Thanks to baloo&bd for the hide. It is waiting to be found.

Also - just published today is North Dakota brought to you by adjensen.

Thanks to both of you for your hides.

We will be keeping our eyes open for

Idaho

Montana

New Jersey

Virginia

and of course what we have all been waiting for - the final................. B) ....coming soon..............

I almost got to go to Little Rock this weekend, but then the CEO nixed my trip. Oh well.

spaceteacher (14): AL,CT,GA,KY,ME,MD,MA,NH,PA,RI,SC,TN,VT,WV

Firefighter's Wife (14): CT,IN,KY,ME,MD,MA,MI,NY,OH,PA,RI,TN,VT,WV

the hulk (10): AL,AZ,GA,KY,NV,SC,TN,UT,WA,WY

kablooey (6): CA,MA,NH,NY,RI,VT

cyclegreen (4): AZ,ME,NH,NM

Bisanabi (4): MA,NY,RI,VT

Team CB_Indy (4): AL,GA,IN,TN

ZSteve (4): NV,NM,OR,UT

Hopperz (4): NV,NM,OR,UT

Russ and Dana (3): KS,OR,WA

MRC (3): KY,OK,TN

pjh (3): KY,OK,TN

usyoopers (3): MI,OH,WI

capmango (3): LA,TN,TX

Blue Power Ranger (3): NV,WA,WY

hobo dude (2): IA,SD

grossi (2): OR,WA

Dutch 53 & BB (2): KY,SD

cameltrekor (2): CT,MA

GeeO$$$ (2): AZ,CA

Rich the Bushwhacker (2): RI,VT

nevcowpok (2): NV,WA

IC1 (2): KS,MO

FEATHERS (2): CT,MA

sun-moon-starz (2): KY,TN

KendraH (2): NV,WY

budophylus (2): KY,TN

FLalaMingo (2): CT,MA

koneko (2): KY,TN

2 Sonians (2): AZ,WA

ADS1 (2): MS,TN

Bushwhacking Queen (2): TN,WI

David (2): AL,TN

Tibby's People (2): OR,WA

twonutcaches (2): MI,OH

VtEds (2): NH,VT

kcds (2): CA,OR

ar_kayaker (2): AR,TN

BirdManOfCT (2): CT,MA

jenbut (2): OR,UT

Wow. This topic has fallen all the way to the 5th page. BUMP!

So .... just curious as to where this series is. Are there any cachers in the MIA states who are willing to step to the plate?

:wub:

Matt

Four states remain and we have four volunteer who are placing them. Also, the final is coming still. Things just are taking a bit longer than anticipated.

There is a similar Puzzle (Unknown) cache called State Capital Quest: GCV7NG, I like this idea because you pick any cache in the State Capital City to log as long as you also take your pic in front of the capitol building as well. I can see myself busting my tail to get to Juneau only to find the official "Alaska" cache was muggeled 2 days ago, and the owner is out of town. The concept is great, its the execution that may pose problems to some.

I've got kentucky.

Another option to make it even easier to maintain is to use existing caches for the multi. So rather than have a cache to maintain that might get visited once a year (if you are one of the last states) is in each state have a designated cache that is a "50-stater" and in that you have a clue for the final cache (in DC???).

That way people who visit the cache regularly would see the clue in there, along with a list of all the other state caches (ie virgina-gcv4rt, washington-gcfr43t, etc.) and then get interested in the BIG HUNT.

What do you all think?

So I went back and was reading the begining of the thread and here was my first post. It was the 6th post and came just hours after BPR's original idea. Considering it took weeks to finalize all the specifics, I must say I am a bit of a prophet!! <_<

Thought I'd bump this up and ask if there has been any progress made on the final four in the series?

I think everyone got a little tied up with the holidays. I really want to see if we can get the remaining 4 states and 1 final hider to push for the finish line ASAP. We are so close to having this whole thing be operational.

On a side-note, I adopted the Washington State hide from the original hider this week. The location and everything else will remain the same.

Was wondering where this thread had gone. The Hawaii cache has been well received. Sadly we have had a signficant issue with travelers, mostly coins but some TBs, disappearing from our cache. We are currently in the process of making alternate arrangements for anyone wanting to leave coins or bugs in the cache. We will update our cache page when they are in place. For now, we ask anyone who logs this cache to either log the travelers through for miles without leaving them in the cache, or contact us directly through our profile to make other arrangements.

Bump. ;)

My dd and dh are working hard to complete this series, any idea when the last five will be placed and active? I noticed that Idaho was the second state spoken for, but is still not out.

They are using this as an excuse to see the US - great fodder for our unschooling!

Thanks to all who have put out these great caches!

FotoCEO

:P There is something wrong with the link on the individual cache page that takes you to the whole list. the whole list won't go to page two or page three. I wanted to look for the Nevada cache, but can't..... :unsure:

Not sure why you would have any problem. The bookmark list is here.

It is a three page bookmark list and Nevada is on the second page. Just tested it and it is working as expected for me.

A direct link to the Nevada cache is here.

An update on the rest of this... after a holiday hiatus, we are anxious to get this completed. We have been in contact with the remaining hiders and hope to see the remaining four states in place very soon.

Maybe it's time to move this to a new thread. With over 700 replies, you can't locate anything anymore. My Alabama cache has had 33 logs in over 7 months, but I'm surprised to see some states still not placed. Let's reopen the needed states to people who can place the last caches some time this year!

Maybe it's time to move this to a new thread. With over 700 replies, you can't locate anything anymore. My Alabama cache has had 33 logs in over 7 months, but I'm surprised to see some states still not placed. Let's reopen the needed states to people who can place the last caches some time this year!

Im very sorry that I have delayed this long!

I volunteered for the Virginia cache and the hiding of this cache has been delayed for some time! However I have the cache ready to be hidden, and will do so within this month!

Again.... I am sorry for the hold up!

I think we're okay. I took a bit of a hiatus myself. There are just four remaining states and we have been in touch with the four people. I really want to see all 50 and the final in place. We are so close.

It's not about the numbers, it's the journey........

So.......... who's taken the most CAA journeys? <_<

I'm rooting for spaceteacher from good ole Alabama!! I think she had 14 CAA finds at last count.

My hubby and I have 14 (he hasn't logged his yet). Last time I looked, space teacher had 15 or 16 I think... My birthday's coming up... considering adding a few more in honor of the occasion...

:huh: There is something wrong with the link on the individual cache page that takes you to the whole list. the whole list won't go to page two or page three. I wanted to look for the Nevada cache, but can't..... :huh:

It is a three page bookmark list and Nevada is on the second page. Just tested it and it is working as expected for me.

An update on the rest of this... after a holiday hiatus, we are anxious to get this completed. We have been in contact with the remaining hiders and hope to see the remaining four states in place very soon.

:cry: Ok, it just worked but I swear that when I tried it the other day it would just stay on the first page. I did figure out a way to look at Nevada anyway, but it is so close to the state of Idaho that I want to see where that one is placed before i go for Nevada ;) Thanks again Blue Power Ranger :D

:huh: There is something wrong with the link on the individual cache page that takes you to the whole list. the whole list won't go to page two or page three. I wanted to look for the Nevada cache, but can't..... :huh:

:cry: Ok, it just worked but I swear that when I tried it the other day it would just stay on the first page. I did figure out a way to look at Nevada anyway, but it is so close to the state of Idaho that I want to see where that one is placed before i go for Nevada ;) Thanks again Blue Power Ranger :D

I had trouble with it a couple days ago.. Seems to be a GC.com problem, not a book mark problem. I closed out the window and opened a new one and it worked fine. Don't know what caused it. *shrug*

Bump from page six to page one. It has been all quiet on this subject for a while. Is it bad for me to suggest that the four remaining states get new volunteers to place the caches? Some of us try to plan on getting these during our travels and if we could get all 50 state caches placed, it would be great. Again, I know a lot of work has gone into this and I appreciate everyone who has contributed. I'm just a finder in all of this!

Cache on, John

Edited by jahoadi and john

We agree, time to place a cache in the remaining four or get a new rep. for that state. It has been long enough. As the Arizona rep. I think we placed ours in two or three weeks. We must be pushing a year now. Come on lets get it done.

What states remain?

We'll ping the remaining four one more time. If we don't get a reply, I agree, lets go ahead and put the remaining four back up. Mrs. Power Ranger will send out some messages to them today.

Meanwhile lets get some names just in case. Anybody out there think they could place a cache in one of the remaining states in the next two weeks?

The four remaining states are:

Idaho

Montana

New Jersey

Virginia

:P - On the brighter side of things, some good things have happened behind the scenes. We have a new volunteer to place and maintain the series final in Washington DC. We are looking forward to that cache finally being up after a long wait.

This Cache Across America thing has been a fun and educational experience. As I was before, I'm still very excited to see this whole series out there and running. The existing states have been great!

*rubs hands together eagerly* My birthday is next month, and hubby and I are going on a road trip to pick up 6 more. That'll bring my total to 20. And of course the caches in KS and MO are so close that I keep putting them on the back burner with the thought of "Oh I can get those any old time!". Any old time is approaching me thinks. And the a roadtrip thru the south this summer to visit family... the numbers are adding up! :P

We'll ping the remaining four one more time. If we don't get a reply, I agree, lets go ahead and put the remaining four back up. Mrs. Power Ranger will send out some messages to them today.

Meanwhile lets get some names just in case. Anybody out there think they could place a cache in one of the remaining states in the next two weeks?

The four remaining states are:

Idaho

Montana

New Jersey

Virginia

:P - On the brighter side of things, some good things have happened behind the scenes. We have a new volunteer to place and maintain the series final in Washington DC. We are looking forward to that cache finally being up after a long wait.

This Cache Across America thing has been a fun and educational experience. As I was before, I'm still very excited to see this whole series out there and running. The existing states have been great!

OK - I have emailed the 4 last state hiders. I know that Montana had contacted us at one point to let us know that they had a place they wanted to hide the cache, but they were waiting for a little less snow to be there which is understandable for their state, but I still emailed them too.

I am hoping to hear from all of them very soon, and if not we will go to the backups.

We will wait through the weekend, and if not hearing from them, open these states up to new hiders.

At this time though, we are only opening up these 4 states, Idaho, Montana, New Jersey, & Virginia since the other 46 states are up and running in wonderful locations.

A big thanks to everyone involved it this project. It has been so fun, and fun to read people's logs and look for pictures.

Just for a little sneak peek at what the final page looks like - we have been taking all of your pictures that you have posted from the state pages and building them into the final page. So if you have found one and posted a picture like you were supposed to, you may be making an appearance on the final page. So smile and say CHEESE - :laughing:

Thanks!!

Blue Power Ranger