The 50 State Multi-cache

Why, Thank You Mtn-Man, that was nice to say. We did get aggravated some with that cache, what with all the re-positioning away from other caches in that small area that we went through. Our first muggling and it had to be that one. But we persevered and got it out again, and it has a FTF on it already.

So wouldn't it be cool if there was a 50 state multi-cache? You know, a cache with a waypoint in each and every one of the 50 states.

It would be the granddaddy of all multis and would be a long-term target of only the truly obsessed. It would be something that would take years to collect the stages of.

In theory, all we would need is someone to agree to maintain the waypoint in each of the 50 states. Anyone interested?

I would do Washington State.

Isn't this already being done? check out Cache Across America. I wouldn't have known about it, except one of our local guys just published one for our state (WV).

So wouldn't it be cool if there was a 50 state multi-cache? You know, a cache with a waypoint in each and every one of the 50 states.

It would be the granddaddy of all multis and would be a long-term target of only the truly obsessed. It would be something that would take years to collect the stages of.

In theory, all we would need is someone to agree to maintain the waypoint in each of the 50 states. Anyone interested?

I would do Washington State.

Isn't this already being done? check out Cache Across America. I wouldn't have known about it, except one of our local guys just published one for our state (WV).

This is the same one, but it ended up with the Cache Across America title. We have Louisiana.

To reduce confusion and help with the "brand identity" for the project, I've added "Cache Across America" as a subtitle for this forum thread.

THANK YOU for doing that Keystone. This thread grew quite large before the name and even the concept for that matter evolved into what we have currently. That name change will definitely reduce confusion.

BTW - West Virginia looks great and has been added to the full bookmark list!

Wow that was quick I came on here to let everyone know WV was up and running but its on here and been found. by the way great job on the FTF granddad brian hope you enjoyed

I DID enjoy... the location is only a couple of blocks from where I work, and my email is open all day, so it popped up, it was a no-brainer! This looks like a really interesting project!

Hey!!! That was my route!

Yes, a specific route was something we discussed early on and yours was used as an example. Caches are being placed at the hiders' own discretion, not along any specific route. When they are all complete, if someone wants to suggest a route, great!

Who has Connecticut??? If no one has, I'd like to place it.

Thank you and everyone for all the kind offers. Currently we have hiders in all 50 states already lined up.

Have I missed something? I was going to do the Ohio cache, and I got an email several weeks ago to confirm my address and to expect future info... I've not gotten anything else, and it looks like a lot of the caches are already being placed. I've looked thru the thread, but it's getting a little long to find anything.

If I should be doing something, let me know.

Have I missed something? I was going to do the Ohio cache, and I got an email several weeks ago to confirm my address and to expect future info... I've not gotten anything else, and it looks like a lot of the caches are already being placed. I've looked thru the thread, but it's getting a little long to find anything.

If I should be doing something, let me know.

I'll contact you via email through geocaching.com.

You missed a couple of states in the NE :unsure:

A specific route was something we discussed early on and this was used as an example. Caches are being placed at the hiders' own discretion, not along any specific route. When they are all complete, if someone wants to suggest a route, great!

I was referring to his road trip. He missed VT, NH, and ME (probably because he already had finds in those states, but it makes the title of the map appear misleading)

Oklahoma is published - and already has a finder. This thing is so fun to watch grow.

And rest assured, there is still much work being done by all the people we are working with.

We have just been doing a lot of the communication through emails rather than here - but the other 30 are still coming to a state near you soon.....

We have also been in contact with someone regarding possibly a coin to go along with this series, and are looking at the possibility of that, if people would be interested.

Thanks so much for all you guys are doing with this project!! :shocked::(;)

Cache Across America - Oklahoma

here is what i have to say about a multi cache in that setting. a pesrson must start with the 13 collanies than work ones way to the states on mm/dd/yyyy they were introdused to the union. and having a second set of multi caches for the long road trip.having these 2 sets of multi caches would get those on the road trip or just wanting to get the 50 states in order. one could also do caches in each capital city plus adding the washington dc. that would be three desighness.

New York looks great and I can't wait to see Vermont! ;)

These are really coming together nicely. I know of at least a couple of seperate cachers that have found multiple in the series.

Team CB_Indy have already done Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama.

The Hulk has already done both Washington and Utah. (way to spread out the finds! :D)

I hope we can come up with a good way to track progress on the final cache's page much like what you see on some of the Delorme pages.

Look for more info on the final coming very soon.

Any other multiple finders in this series out there?

Yippee!

Finally placed the New Mexico cache today! Will submit it tomorrow...

After much hemming and hawing about where it should go, I decided to just put it smack dab in the middle of the state. It can be gotten to via several different routes, and is near Gran Quivera...look it up!

i think that anyone wanting to seek out all the caches needs to provide photo-id and register on a seperate forum and then when they find a cache take a photo of them with the cache. or elese they could contract people to fid caches for them and give them the numbers.

i think that anyone wanting to seek out all the caches needs to provide photo-id and register on a seperate forum and then when they find a cache take a photo of them with the cache. or elese they could contract people to fid caches for them and give them the numbers.

I don't think photo ID would really be necessary but we have asked that those seeking the entire series provide a photo with each cache in hand. Please look at one of the cache pages under "logging requirements"

I have heard from at least one family of cachers that intends to go after the whole series.

It would be cool to see the US map, with the caches marked on it!

Please bare with me, I am working on a Frappr map to indicate the location of the caches.

I know Damenace will provide a more permanent solution, but I did a quicky version. I don't watch the topic like he does, plus he is responsible for the Utah cache you see on this map. Damenace, please post your map as well! I know you will do a better job of updating than I will. :(

I downloaded a pocket query from Blue Power Rangers bookmark list, ran the .gpx file through GPSBabel to create a .txt file, then imported that into MS Streets and Trips and then copied the map into Photoshop.

f93abbed-b1a2-48b3-8db7-e17a513e9e88.jpg

This is a bit OT, but thought I'd help confuse things. I use Delorme Topo 6.0 which will import a GPX file directly. I did the PQ thing, imported it into Delorme and then output to a JPG. Resized the JPG and here's what I got:

CAA2.jpg

As the owner of the first CAA cache to be approved, and found, I'm very happy with how this project is progressing. I commend Blue Power Ranger for his attention to detail and determination. :(

I can't wait to see the rest of these published. If you have a state that you have volunteered to do and it has not been placed yet, please let me know what I can do to help you along.

Thanks to all!

For Alaska, I'm just waiting for permission from the land manager where I want to place my cache. It's a distinctly Alaskan placement. If I don't hear back from them this week, I'll go back to the drawing board and come up with another Alaskan angle.

I can't wait to see the rest of these published. If you have a state that you have volunteered to do and it has not been placed yet, please let me know what I can do to help you along.

Thanks to all!

MN is in process. . . .