The 50 State Multi-cache

TEAM NAB (NashvilleJoe, AbbysGrammy and Bulli the Wonder) are really excited about this fantastic project. We want to thank those who came up with it and all those who will place the caches and maintain them. We are happy to say that we found our first one yesterday-Tennessee version. We look forward to all the others, too. Unfortunately, this comes after we have already cached in 37 states so guess we will have to revisit them now. :rolleyes:

Cache Across America - Washington has been published. Now for a confession - I did forget to write the code on the cache logbook for those seeking the Cache Across America FTF. I will add the code this weekend - for those seeking this goal, and finding this before I get there this weekend, email me your photo and I will send you the code. peace, fishiam Edited by fishiam

From reading through the forums, it appears that Massachusetts has been taken.

However, I would like to volunteer as an "emergency backup" for Massachusetts just in case. I live a mile away from the Holyoke Range peaks (the Seven Sisters) and would love to place on of the 50-state multi's there.

Your humble servant,

~~ The Western Mass Clan (Matt) :anicute:

However, I would like to volunteer as an "emergency backup" for Massachusetts just in case. I live a mile away from the Holyoke Range peaks (the Seven Sisters) and would love to place on of the 50-state multi's there.

Your humble servant,

Thanks - we have put you down as a backup for Mass.

In case people don't want to read all the way through so many pages, the states we are looking for still are

Delaware

Montana

New Hamsphire.

If you are from one of these states, and would like to get involved, please contact me.

This is really exciting to watch as people are starting this challenge.

Your humble servant,

Thanks - we have put you down as a backup for Mass.

In case people don't want to read all the way through so many pages, the states we are looking for still are

Delaware

Montana

New Hamsphire.

If you are from one of these states, and would like to get involved, please contact me.

This is really exciting to watch as people are starting this challenge.

Just out of curiosity, can someone keep a running list of which ones have been published?

Three caches published now and counting!

BOOKMARK LIST

You should consider editing the bookmark list to make it public so the bookmark shows up on each of the pages, this will allow those who look at the caches to see the others in the series without doing a search.

Just out of curiosity, can someone keep a running list of which ones have been published?

See the bookmark list in the quote above yours.

-Quiggle (trying to help, until the Maryland one shows up in the queue :anicute:)

Edited by Quiggle
Three caches published now and counting!

BOOKMARK LIST

You should consider editing the bookmark list to make it public so the bookmark shows up on each of the pages, this will allow those who look at the caches to see the others in the series without doing a search.

See the bookmark list in the quote above yours.

-Quiggle (trying to help, until the Maryland one shows up in the queue :anicute:)

Ah yes... the bookmark list. Soon as I hit post, I thought... hmmm... maybe I should check and see if these have been bookmarked yet. And whatdya know.

Yup... I'm waiting on the MD one too... but hoping Nebraska will be up and running before the 17th. Heading that way for a business trip :grin:

Ah yes... the bookmark list. Soon as I hit post, I thought... hmmm... maybe I should check and see if these have been bookmarked yet. And whatdya know.

That's the reason for my suggestion to make it public, so it shows up on the cache pages in its own little box, rather than as a link within the cache text itself. Doesn't hurt to have it in both places.

Enjoy your trip to Nebraska.

:anicute:

Today is the first day I have even gone to the forum section. I have obviously missed a lot on the prep for this, but we live here in NE Texas and would gladly serve as a backup for the people who all ready claimed texas. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help. We live 5 miles from the interstate. Let us know

B) Massachusetts has been hidden and submitted for review :D

Super! That will make 10! :laughing:

I wanted to let you all know that progress is also being made on the final. I am working with the final hider but I am keeping the general communications out of the thread for a couple of reasons.

We want the final location to be somewhat of a "surprise" and also we (I) had taken on a bit of a negative tone in "arguing" some of the specifics earlier in the thread. I think those conversations are better kept off-line. Suffice to say that it is being worked on and I am communicating progress to the proper reviewer. I don't want to leave behind any hard feelings when this is done.

Also, I understand what to do with the puzzle (thanks for the help) and have designed the page for the final so once we have the coordinates and the hide, we are golden. :mad:

Excellent progress!

Have you found cache owners yet for the last three states?

Delaware

Montana

New Hamsphire

We have gone to the regional forums with these as of Friday. I believe we are good on New Hampshire now but still need Delaware and Montana.

Edited by Blue Power Ranger

Louisiana is awaiting review. We are so excited. We may have to make a trip to our home state of Oregon just to get the cache. As well as all the others along the way of course.

I know the feeling. I'm selfishly glad I didn't do the hide for Washington myself. I packed up the family on Saturday morning and drove to Seattle to make the find. The hider did such and excellent job of representing our state in such a beautiful place that it really just got me excited for this series again even though I will probably never find more than 5 or 6 of them myself.

Edited by Blue Power Ranger

I'm afraid I didn't make ours very hard but I wanted those who do California and Washington to be able to get all of them. If you make it to Oregon, please enjoy our Cow Creek series just up the road and have fun driving down a paved, senic route finding a mixture of types, styles and sizes of caches. There is a total of 18 posible starting just 8 miles from the cache for the 50 states. A side trip of just 15 miles.

I'm afraid I didn't make ours very hard but I wanted those who do California and Washington to be able to get all of them. If you make it to Oregon, please enjoy our Cow Creek series just up the road and have fun driving down a paved, senic route finding a mixture of types, styles and sizes of caches. There is a total of 18 posible starting just 8 miles from the cache for the 50 states. A side trip of just 15 miles.

I went to high school in Days Creek not that far from where you put the cache. So can't wait to get there to find it. If I'm not an old grandma by then (or at least an older grandma)

Maybe I'm blind, but it doesn't look like that green line goes into Maine at all. If so, and since I'm moving to S.W. Maine, I'll take that one.

Sorry, we've kind of moved away from that route since that post. We are satisfied just to get a cache placed in each state. Searchers will have to make their own routes. Thank you for the kind offer to assist with Maine but we already have Maine covered.

We do still need someone in Montana if you don't mind moving there instead. :D

Wow! Cool idea! Just noticed the thread and read through it. I just have one suggestion after reading through the 9 caches that are already on line: Could someone please use spell check on the cache pages? I mean, this is an ambitious undertaking but it would look a little nicer still if the spelling errors were corrected... Just a pet peeve. Gonna join the hunt now......

Excellent progress!

Delaware

Montana

New Hamsphire

We have gone to the regional forums with these as of Friday. I believe we are good on New Hampshire now but still need Delaware and Montana.

Ok, I've been a slacker and still haven't hidden the Illinois cache - I'm working on it though, I promise! (just would rather take the time to do it right than to rush it on this one).

How goes the search for the last two states?

Wow! Cool idea! Just noticed the thread and read through it. I just have one suggestion after reading through the 9 caches that are already on line: Could someone please use spell check on the cache pages? I mean, this is an ambitious undertaking but it would look a little nicer still if the spelling errors were corrected... Just a pet peeve. Gonna join the hunt now......

I have to say that I think we edited ours about 3 times before posting it. Even using Word, we still found some things wrong. I wrote it and edited it, then hubby edited, then I re-wrote and edited it again and then hubby re-read it and we still found errors after I had posted it. So we are hoping that with all of that said and done it will read fairly well and folks will like it. We put alot of work into it to make it special for the series. And we hope that the location will remain a good one. :blink::blink:

Excellent progress!

Delaware

Montana

New Hamsphire

Ok, I've been a slacker and still haven't hidden the Illinois cache - I'm working on it though, I promise! (just would rather take the time to do it right than to rush it on this one).

We are missing one state still... Montana. I did post a request on the Northwest Regional Forum but have not gotten a volunteer yet. I will give it a couple of more days and then post a request on the MT Cachers Forum.

I just spent 45 minutes kind of browsing the thread. Too much info. I will place Alabama hopefully within 3 days and it should be approved within 7 days. Anyone with questions or comments on it contact me through my profile as this thread is getting huge.

Edited to spele it rite.

Edited by wesleykey

Excellent progress!

Delaware

Montana

New Hamsphire

We are missing one state still... Montana. I did post a request on the Northwest Regional Forum but have not gotten a volunteer yet. I will give it a couple of more days and then post a request on the MT Cachers Forum.

Does that mean you have Delaware covered? If not we can do it! This is awesome!

I'm not too far from the Lincoln Boyhood State Park, so that likely would be a good spot for Indiana; I'm also only 3 miles from Illinois, but the extreme SouthEast corner of Illinois just isn't allllll that enticing in the grand geocaching scheme... :blink:

If you're in a pinch for either state, let me know. But, if someone else has a cool idea for an Indiana or Illinois cache, I'm find with being the finder rather than the hider! :blink:

Question - if you are the hider for 1 of the 50, can you still find the rest of the series and claim the "big prize"? I'm guessing if you can maintain a cache in ___ state, that you've also found at least one cache in that state (or would be able to do so fairly easily), so if you found the rest, you *would* have found all 50 states.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would gladly be a sub for California for the 50 multi cache. This is a great idea if we could pull it off

:ph34r::tired::blink:

...Could someone please use spell check on the cache pages? I mean, this is an ambitious undertaking but it would look a little nicer still if the spelling errors were corrected... Just a pet peeve. Gonna join the hunt now......

I have to say that I think we edited ours about 3 times before posting it. Even using Word, we still found some things wrong. I wrote it and edited it, then hubby edited, then I re-wrote and edited it again and then hubby re-read it and we still found errors after I had posted it. So we are hoping that with all of that said and done it will read fairly well and folks will like it. We put alot of work into it to make it special for the series. And we hope that the location will remain a good one. :P:ph34r:

Don't feel bad--It happens!

When I was in college I did some field research that ended up being pretty interesting. I decided to present it at the national undergraduate conference. Naturally I proofread it before submitting the paper--and so did my professor, the writing center manager, and an English professor buddy of mine. The paper was accepted for presentation. (Yah, free trip to Texas!). They print an annual conference proceedings and publish a handful of the papers submitted. Five different judges read the paper and they each made corrections as well. It was accepted for publication --and naturally it went through another round with me, the professor, the writing center manager, and the English professor giving it a complete going-over before I finally submitted it for publication. I received my copy of the book, opened it up, and the very first thing I noticed was a grammar error!

I've been siezed with indecision about where to place the New Mexico cache. It's a big state, with many different types of areas.

One thing I'm thinking about is that Albuquerque has the only major airport, AND both I-25 (N/S) and I-40 (E/W) go through it, so it is very accessible to travelers.

However, to me, the city does not typify the state, and there are so many gorgeous places to visit!

Any thoughts from you would be appreciated!

(Glad we aren't limited to the state capital...)