Unusual Multi-cache Question

Cap'n Cache

Howdy,

I got my hands on a monster-sized ammo canister and my friends and I would like to make it somewhat challenging to find.

I'm wondering if it would be acceptable to make 6 micro caches that are all registered on the Geocaching website as normal micro caches that also double as multi-caches in that they'll contain a piece of the coords to the final cache which I'll submit as a mystery cache (would mystery cache be correct?) The micros will be placed all around town.

Would this be acceptable?

Thanks,

Cap'n Cache

I'm wondering if it would be acceptable to make 6 micro caches that are all registered on the Geocaching website as normal micro caches that also double as multi-caches in that they'll contain a piece of the coords to the final cache which I'll submit as a mystery cache (would mystery cache be correct?) The micros will be placed all around town.

Would this be acceptable?

The short answer is yes. See our End of the Rainbow cache and Pot of Gold series--it's exactly what you're describing. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...d8-743d0cbd40e5 The micros would be listed as traditional caches, not multis though, since they are single stages.

You also need to make sure that the 6 micros are far enough away from each other to warrant being individual caches. If they are too close, you'll be asked to make them into one long multi cache. :)

consider also that for a cache that size, the last digit or even two of the coordinates is not strictly necessary to narrow down the location of the hiding spot enough to find it. You may want to introduce a little obfustication such that all 6 *have* to be found before the final is available. Your FTF seekers will thank you.