Mailing Coins -- Postage Options

ozymandiasism

I am looking at different options to mail my coins and wondering what type of services other seller use... Since I am not selling merchandice on a regular basis.... it will not be cost efficient to pay monthly fee for internet postage for some of the postage providers. So far, these are the ones I have seen:

stamps.com

pitney bowes

endicia

usps via paypal

A couple of quesitons:

As far as PayPal, how easy/realible to use the PayPal shipping feature?

Can you scotch tape over the postage barcode?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

thx

d

Can you scotch tape over the postage barcode?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

thx

d

Yes you can scotch tape (book tape works well) over the barcode as long as you leave a small strip untaped. The tape can reflect the scanner if it covers all the barcode.

I use a #6 3/4 Safe-T-Mailer (www.safeTmailer.com), slightly trimmed, inside of a #6 (3 3/8" X 6") envelope. I tape the flap just to be safe. One coin $.63

Good luck.

I ship a lot of packages every month (several hundred)

I started with stamps.com I hated it and am still fighting with them over refunds on messed up postage.

There are two good things about stamps.com: The free postage scale and the user interface is a bit nicer.

Huge bad, is that you have to purchase expensive labels for international mailing.

Endica is what I am currently using. You can do tracking using laser labels, they have better customer service, you can do international postage on plain labels.

They have helpful customer service, something stamps.com does not.

The other services for volumne users are just to slow.

They save with standing in line and messing with stamps.

I use Brother thermal labels through paypal. Point, click, print, and ship - very easy and worth the premium cost of the labels (to me). Also emails people when the package ships and delivery confirmation is included for $.17 or so.

International is more manual, but since the post office is on my way to work it isn't much of a problem :)

I ship via paypal on ebay (powerseller) and I have shipped over 5000 packages with very few issues and you cant beat the 0.14 for delivery confirmation I think the post office charges over a dollar plus you can access the tracking number on paypal at any given time. stamps.com sucks I used them for about a month and it took so much longer plus they charge you for the service. Another nice thing about paypal is if that's the way you are rec. payments then all you have to do us click the ship button and all the info is pre-filled. With stamps.com you have to maunally input the info.

Soooo..... long story short I vote PayPal hands down!

Thanks for all the great tips!

I checked out delivery confirmation for international packages and they are expensive. any of you guys actually use that?

For 1-2 coins I use Air Mail, no confirmation. For 3+ coins its cheaper to use Global Priority flat rate which does tracking, sorta. For very large orders I go back to Air Mail or Parsel Post because by that point the flat rate packages aren't very flat and we're not allowed to reinforce the edges with tape.

We use USPS through Paypal at Geocoins.net. As has been stated, it's just click the ship button in Paypal and off you go. The problem with the others..Stamps.com, Endica, etc. is that you pay a monthly fee with them on top of the postage.

The only thing I would like better is the international shipping via Paypal, we have not actually braved that so we go stand in line for those. But for local, USPS via Paypal works great. Out of close to 500 packages sent, only about 3 or 4 have even been lost.