Wass All Of A Sudden.

For whatever reason, yesterday I received signal from two wass sats while out on a lake kayaking. I have been is this area alot lately in clear blue unobstructed skys with no wass signal. Even when I went into tree covered areas and then into my truck I maintained contact with wass sats. My GPS showed the wass sats were both in the western sky.

Any ideas why there could be such an improvement. :laughing:

Edited by clubbuild

For whatever reason, yesterday I received signal from two wass sats while out on a lake kayaking. I have been is this area alot lately in clear blue unobstructed skys with no wass signal. Even when I went into tree covered areas and then into my truck I maintained contact with wass sats. My GPS showed the wass sats were both in the western sky.

wAAs :laughing::laughing::unsure:

Interesting. I notice you're in NY too. Do you remember what the satellite numbers were? I might try to get out at lunch and bake the unit. I'm in the midwest, so I've seen 35, but it is in the southeast (except for one week).

My GPS Map60Cx, had grabbed a strong signal from #33 at 15 degrees west longitude, but not any WAAS other satellite today, so I think you may have caught the signal from the same WAAS satellite. Satellite #35 did not really work for me today, even tough it was slightly higher up than #33. September is quite a ways off, but that is when we might start to get WAAS over the eastern USA. My eXplorist XL only sees #35(122), and #33(120) right now.

Any ideas why there could be such an improvement. <_<

Interesting. I notice you're in NY too. Do you remember what the satellite numbers were? I might try to get out at lunch and bake the unit. I'm in the midwest, so I've seen 35, but it is in the southeast (except for one week).

they were sats 35 and 48

I'm in the NYC metro area and frequently get 33 and occasionally 35(very unstable)

It's amazing I see 33 at all considering I've read it's located over central Africa.

It doesn't really matter IMO, since it makes no difference in my GPS Accuracy. WAAS on or off, active-D visible or not, I get the same accuracy.

Hopefully September will bring real functionality.