What Category For A Park?

I was thinking of Waymarking a large park nearby. But there's serveral categories it could fit in. Public park, public playground, basketball court, & I'm not sure if the armed forces memorial fits in any existing category. It seems silly to waymark it in three categories, don't you think? Not to mention the volleyball court, tennis courts, baseball field and picnic areas that may have a spot in potential future categories.

If there are 10 potential waymarks in the same park you should mark them all seperately. I might not be interested in the basketball court, but the playground has swings. I love swings. Weeeee.

The point being that even if the same set of coordinates can be submitted as waymarks to seperate categories, it will change the way you compose your waymark description, photos and logs to reflect the focus of that particular category.

I personally have been Waymarking one category that strikes me and then leaving the other categories for other players. There are other waymarkers who like to hit all the categories they can, and I don't have a problem with that. I would probably list it under parks, another local player I know would be more likely to list it under playgrounds. Follow your gut.

Mosaic55 Posted Jun 13 2006, 01:25 PM

I was thinking of Waymarking a large park nearby. But there's serveral categories it could fit in. Public park, public playground, basketball court, & I'm not sure if the armed forces memorial fits in any existing category. It seems silly to waymark it in three categories, don't you think? Not to mention the volleyball court, tennis courts, baseball field and picnic areas that may have a spot in potential future categories.

It's open to your own personal preferrence.

Some people like to "Rack and Stack" the Waymarks... going for multiple cross referrence lisings.

Some people like to only list in the Category they are actually interested in.

Waymarking is pretty free form, and that's a good thing. Let's people enjoy it in their own way, without too much worry about proximity (apart from duplicates in the SAME Category... that would be silly)

:anicute: The Blue Quasar

Mosaic55 Posted Jun 13 2006, 01:25 PM

It's open to your own personal preferrence.

Some people like to "Rack and Stack" the Waymarks... going for multiple cross referrence lisings.

Some people like to only list in the Category they are actually interested in.

Waymarking is pretty free form, and that's a good thing. Let's people enjoy it in their own way, without too much worry about proximity (apart from duplicates in the SAME Category... that would be silly)

:lol: The Blue Quasar

Thanks for the replies all.

Normally, I'd ignore a basketball court as it's not of immediate interest to me, but I might do this one anyway, as even I can see that it is of above average quality and well maintained. And there's a good vantage point for a nice photo.