Backlight Problems On Garmin 60cs- Help

t4w

Hi Everyone.

I purchused a Garmin 60CS unit about 18 months ago. I am very happy with the unit as if fullfills most of my routing needs.

A few weeks ago the unit started misbehaving.

If I switch on the backlight the unit lights up, but only the buttons. The LCD screen dows not light up.

Anybody experiencing similar problems, plus any advise on how to fix this.

Any help and advise would be greately appreciated.

T4W

PS I have contacted my local supplier and I am struggeling to get support because the unit was purchused outside the country

I would contact garmin support directly. (info here http://www.garmin.com/support/)

I have had nothing but good experiences with them, and I think you will find most people will say they will probably replace your unit for free or at the very least give you a quote to get it fixed.

The downside is you will have to ship it off to garmin and be without a unit for a week or two but it would be way worth it, if they are going to just replace it.

Good Luck!

kgag.

I would contact garmin support directly. (info here http://www.garmin.com/support/)

I have had nothing but good experiences with them, and I think you will find most people will say they will probably replace your unit for free or at the very least give you a quote to get it fixed.

The downside is you will have to ship it off to garmin and be without a unit for a week or two but it would be way worth it, if they are going to just replace it.

Good Luck!

kgag.

I doubt that they will just replace a unit for free that is almost 2 years old.