Somebodie Got Angry

70mmkrypto

Blocked by the firewall. Is it good?
Not really.
WTF is it with geocachers? They litter our parks and wilderness with their little boxes of crap in clear violation of the littering laws. Their little ‘game’ encourages people to go off the trails, trample the underbrush, trespass on private property and occasionally tie up the services of the bomb squad who are called in by unsuspecting people who have stumbled over a suspicious ammo can in the woods or, worse, in a city park or schoolground.

Parks Canada is doing the right thing by banning this activity in national parks. I hope the various provincial and civic parks departments follow their example and ban this activity in their parks as well.

If the bomb squad is called out to a suspicious package hidden in an urban area, the miscreant who left the geocache should be charged with public mischief and required to pay the costs of the response teams. Taxpayers should not have to foot the bill for the irresponsible actions of geocachers.

It's that exact image that we need to avoid. This is one reason we need to work with land owners and park systems, and not against them.
Did you read the same rant as the rest of us? No mention of permission is included. As we've seen on a number of occasions, permission does not stop a muggle from calling 911.

i might just do that, tactfully of course.

i do know that in the lower mainland, there has NOT been one incident of the bomb squad being called in to deal with a Geo-Cache, so i really dont know whats up with hs rant.

garbage?? nope, never seen cachers litter, quite the opposite

beating down new trails? nope, trails already exist.

lol

It's that exact image that we need to avoid. This is one reason we need to work with land owners and park systems, and not against them.
Did you read the same rant as the rest of us? No mention of permission is included. As we've seen on a number of occasions, permission does not stop a muggle from calling 911.

Don't get me wrong the guy is a (well I don't to get the boot, so I won't say it). And I agree with everything that's been said. Maybe I just did word it right.

Jerks like him are the reason we need to be careful what we do. Not that we're going to change his mind any.

http://vancouver.craigslist.org/rnr/171121439.html

i have no idea why this fellow is so angry. I saw this post on Vancouver Craigslist

:P:rolleyes::P

Well, please keep in mind that it was not only posted on Craiglist, but also posted to the "Rants and Raves" section theroeof (as opposed the section which I browse, which is entitled "MWM seeking adorable nanny goat"), which invites raves. Enuf said.

Sound to me like "somebody got a whole lot of DNF's and now is having a tantrum about their lack of skill with our hobby/sport".

Either that or they were harmlessly running through the woods naked and tripped on a, carefully placed, piece of tupperware, thereby fracturing their big toe and launching themselves into a tic infested patch of poison ivy interspersed with poison oak. On the trip the the local ER they got stopped/and fined for not wearing their seatbelt, which they had just removed not 5 minutes prior, due to the chaffing of the erupting rash. And to top it all off they couldn't trade for any of that cool looking swag, in the very first cache they had ever been able to find, due in most part because at the time of discovering the cache they were as previously mentioned...naked. In this instant I can see why the they have a disdain toward tupperware strewn about hazardously in they woods...shame on us for ruining this individuals enjoyment of the forest.

http://vancouver.craigslist.org/rnr/171121439.html

i have no idea why this fellow is so angry. I saw this post on Vancouver Craigslist

:o<_<:D

That person has a medical condition, often referred to in the literature as Rectal-Cranial Inversion. It's not a rare condition, and it's seldom fatal, but treatment is not often effective as it is painful and therefore gets little compliance from the patient.

People with RCI are attracted to internet and similar fora where they can hide behind anonymnity. They're also seen driving too slow in the fast lane, flicking cigarette butts on the ground while complaining about litter, and watching American Idol. Patients with severe cases of RCI often occupy high-ranking government and military positions.

Edited by geoSquid

That person has a medical condition, often referred to in the literature as Rectal-Cranial Inversion. It's not a rare condition, and it's seldom fatal, but treatment is not often effective as it is painful and therefore gets little compliance from the patient.

People with RCI are attracted to internet and similar fora where they can hide behind anonymnity. They're also seen driving too slow in the fast lane, flicking cigarette butts on the ground while complaining about litter, and watching American Idol. Patients with severe cases of RCI often occupy high-ranking government and military positions.

Rectal-Cranial Inversion. LMAO.

The guy's an idiot with anger issues, you can't win any argument with him. Don't feed the trolls, it's what they want.