Rules For Geocoin Design/approval And Use Of Gc.com Logo

Team JSAM

I was reading the pinned post for making your own geocoin and came across this part:

Design Considerations:

1. The final design of each geocoin must be approved by Groundspeak prior to production. Designs must be family friendly and may not include modified versions of the geocaching.com logo.

However I have seen a few coins that are modified versions of the logo and get approved (see pics below) what does Groundspeak consider modified? The only thing I think of is that these coins were produced before the above rule was made.

Just looking for a little clarification on this issue.

713.gif661.gif

1228.gif963.gif

Edited by Team Jsam

A modified logo and a logo that is somewhat similar but not something that would be confused with the actual logo are two different things.

The 2006 Idaho Coin was not allowed to be tracked due to Groundspeak finding the logo too similar.

You can see a photo of the 2006 Idaho in the thread I started on shooting a coin. You can see the gist of the design even though it has a hole in it. That's an example of what they would not allow.