Wtb: City Navigator

scavok

You need to understand the kit before you put yourself out on a limb like this! I'll provide you with City Nav V8 discs (3x CDR) for $25 - but they will be totally useless to you. I'll even provide you with the original City Nav discs for $50 - I'll keep the CDRs and again, the original discs will be totally useless to you.

Garmin's City Navigator software has to be unlocked to work with a Garmin GPS Unit. The software is completely unprotected and the discs can be easily copied onto CDR - the programme will install on your PC and look okay but, unless you have the code to unlock it - tying it irreversably to the internal serial number of the specific GPS unit - you are STUFFED! The map detail will not appear on your GPS unit.

Garmin will allow the software to be unlocked to work with a second Garmin GPS unit. Personally, I have a Streetpilot 2610 which came with City Nav - I have used the second unlock to enable the software to work with my Vista C handheld unit - brilliant!

Each time you purchase an upgrade, you get two new unlocks - ideal times to upgrade your hardware. We started with a Streetpilot 3 and mono Vista, over the years we have moved up to a SP 2610 and Vista Cx. Both units are fitted with large, changeable standard memory cards to provide extensive internal mapping.

So, if you are determined to give your money away for some unusable software, on original discs or CDR, feel free to contact me - I love easy cash!