Map 60 Cx Batteries

Does anyone have any idea on the average life span of batteries in the 60 cx?

Not sure exactly on the 60Cx but my 60CSx gets 15-20 hours. I believe it's rated at 25 hours. I'd guess the Cx would get a little better because it doesn't have to use battery on the compass/altimeter. Just a guess though.

Map60Cx-batteryrundown-waas-2500mah.jpg

I used to get 18 hours of charge out of a pair of batteries with the Map60Cx, but now I don't know anymore, since I always seem to grab the wrong batteries, that sat awhile. My old Map60C used to get 23 hours from the same batteries as shown in the pic above, and it was more forgiving if I accidentally grabbed batteries that were not fully charged.

These batteries should be fully charged prior to use, to work correctly in the Map60Cx, and I have had several sets of batteries, that seemed to not give a full run, and sometimes quit in only 3 hours of use, because I tend to be careless, in mixing up the batteries that come out of the GPS, and the charger, with the ones sitting next to the charger. The best way is to just dump the batteries out of the GPS, then throw the just charged ones straight from the charger into the GPS.

These batteries should be fully charged prior to use, to work correctly in the Map60Cx, and I have had several sets of batteries, that seemed to not give a full run, and sometimes quit in only 3 hours of use, because I tend to be careless, in mixing up the batteries that come out of the GPS, and the charger, with the ones sitting next to the charger. The best way is to just dump the batteries out of the GPS, then throw the just charged ones straight from the charger into the GPS.

I also noticed that the 60cx really requires freshly charged battery, I was only getting alittle over three hours with some of my old rechargeable batterys(Full backlight). now I have all my batterys numbered in sets so maybe I can keep track of them better/keep purchased pairs together. with alkaline AA's I easily get 18hrs of use.

Edited by hogrod