Alabama/aga 2005 For Sale

Hazzard101

Heh, I recommended eBay also, and I was accused of being testy and making an insulting offer. Sheesh.

You offered me $12 including shipping, which was not only insulting but underhanded. A month or so ago, they sold on Ebay for close to what I was asking.

I hope you all treat a newcomer better than you treated me. With the mocking posts and ugly comments. I don't have a big collection, and I don't sell or trade coins normally. I was trying to give the caching community a chance to get them before I put them out on Ebay.

The price was not off by that much. The gold and silver coins were limited and would have sold for even more on Ebay than I accepted. If you figure in listing costs, then I came pretty close to my estimate.

But I chose to give them to cachers who wanted them for their collections, not to get it cheap and gouge the price on Ebay. I thought it was about the COIN with you people, but I guess with some of you it's all about the money.

I have a few coins that I enjoy becouse they were gifts from cachers for doing something nice for them. Thats what coins mean to me. The AGA coins were an impulse buy, so I thought I would make a few bucks and give them to someone who would enjoy them more than me.

So thanks for your time and comments, I hope the next time someone new comes on this forum you try to help them understand coins and their value instead of mocking them and then trying to take advantage.

Hazz

The thing is that e-Bay is not a true reference of the real value of a coin.

Some people may offer a high amount because they really have to obtain a coin which they cannot get otherwise, but that does not mean that the price they pay will be the value of that particular coin from then on.

Some coin may sell for a high amount and then the next week, that same coin can be had for a lot less.

Heh, I recommended eBay also, and I was accused of being testy and making an insulting offer. Sheesh.

You offered me $12 including shipping, which was not only insulting but underhanded. A month or so ago, they sold on Ebay for close to what I was asking.

I'm sure your intentions were honorable, but if you want to sell geocoins in these forums, they are generally sold at or near original cost. People trying to get ebay prices when selling to fellow geocaching geocoin collectors are looked upon as being greedy. The fact that you are going against the trend is probably why there were some negative posts.

I wish you good luck on your coin sale and hope that you get what you want for it. I do feel sorry for the person who ends up paying that price though, but you probably need the money more than they do anyway... <_<

--Marky

You offered me $12 including shipping, which was not only insulting but underhanded.

Get your story straight. I offered you $12 for the gold only. The cost of the coin was around $7 shipped originally. So not an unfair offer, IMO. Like everyone has said, if you want $40, then eBay the suckers. No need to have that HUGE chip on your shoulder.

I bought a Gold Alabama on ebay many months ago for $26 when most coins were selling at high prices. I already had std and silver (I think they cost $5 plus shipping), so this was to complete the set and also complete all LE edditions of state coins.

Who knows how much the gold will go for. It will have to be a pure collector, since it doesn't look much different that the std coin (and the Silver is super hard to tell apart from the std)

I wish you good luck on your coin sale and hope that you get what you want for it.

--Marky

The price was not off by that much. The gold and silver coins were limited and would have sold for even more on Ebay than I accepted. If you figure in listing costs, then I came pretty close to my estimate.

I think this indicated that the coin was sold prior to going over to Ebay.

Some coin may sell for a high amount and then the next week, that same coin can be had for a lot less.

Precisely. I bought a gold spinning geocoin for $9.00 on ebay and have seen others ssince then go for anywhere from $20 to a bit over $60. The coin's worth is purely dictated by the demand at the time.

The thing is that e-Bay is not a true reference of the real value of a coin.

Some people may offer a high amount because they really have to obtain a coin which they cannot get otherwise, but that does not mean that the price they pay will be the value of that particular coin from then on.

I would have had a better understanding of the way things work if someone took the same time it took to laugh at me to explain what you just did in your post.

That said, I don't NEED the money. But these coins have been in my house in a drawer for some time. So I thought I would get rid of them. I know for a fact that someone posting in this thread sold the pewter coin on Ebay for $31. So they must be needy as well?

Bottom line, if someone is willing to pay that amount for the coin, then that is the value of the coin at that given time. It is a basic principle of supply and demand. Since the silver and gold coins were produced in limited amounts, they are worth more because they are harder to obtain. Obviously I was on target, because I sold the coins for almost the amount I orginally asked.

Enjoy your coins! :)