Beer Chips

AcousticNut

I used to play guitar at a microbrewery in my old hometown and people would often buy me drinks while performing. Well, not only am I not a heavy drinker but I got my drinks on the house, so have a handful of free drink chips leftover from said Microbrewery. The place is mid to upscale with fine dining along the river, so it's not a dive-bar.

I just wanted to get some thoughts on the etiquite of leaving the drink chips as swag.

I used to play guitar at a microbrewery in my old hometown and people would often buy me drinks while performing. Well, not only am I not a heavy drinker but I got my drinks on the house, so have a handful of free drink chips leftover from said Microbrewery. The place is mid to upscale with fine dining along the river, so it's not a dive-bar.

I just wanted to get some thoughts on the etiquite of leaving the drink chips as swag.

Sounds like a great idea to me. Never have been known to turn down a free brewski.........or 4. :drama::ninja::ninja:

Sounds fine to me, too--Now that I read the post.

When I saw the title, I thought you were talking about beer flavored potato chips , and I thought "Yuck!" and opened the thread to see if people were telling you not to put food in caches.

(Around here, we call the tokens or paper slips that you get "chits" instead of "chips")

I laughed at myself already, but feel free to join in with me!

I just might have to make that 8hr roadtrip to visit my parents in PA just to score the free beer.

now I'm thirsty. :drama:

Eight hours for a 'free' beer? Dang sister, send me an address and I'll overnight you a six pack. Crimminie, desperation to the max. :):ninja::ninja:

Edited by Team Cotati

Absolutely! I've collected beer/drink tokens for 20 years and have thousands of them. I have found a few of them in caches and I trade very generously for them! Once I asked a young lady bartender if she had any drink tokens, she had never heard of them. After I explained how they were used when someone got a drink from someone else, she rolled her eyes and said,"Nobody ever buys anybody else a drink in here!"