Easygps Versus Gsak

Started out using EasyGPS with my Legend and never had any reason to use anything else. That doesnt mean to say that EasyGPS is any better than the others, its just the one i use.

Every time I wonder - 'can GSAK do....' - it turns out that it can

It's a bargain as well

Support is excellent too

[unsolicited testimonial :( ]

Used Easy GPS when I first got a GPS.

It however can't hold a candle to GSAK!

GSAK is superb...

...doubt I will ever get to master all of it's capabilities...it just gets better and better the more I use it.

What it can't do, you don't need! :)

GSAK is a must have for all cachers!

I'm impressed can't you tell...

Cheers

Dave

(Hope I have made my feelings clear). :(

Edited by The Mars Bars

Used Easy GPS when I first got a GPS.

It however can't hold a candle to GSAK!

GSAK is superb...

...doubt I will ever get to master all of it's capabilities...it just gets better and better the more I use it.

What it can't do, you don't need! :D

GSAK is a must have for all cachers!

I'm impressed can't you tell...

Cheers

Dave

(Hope I have made my feelings clear). :(

I think he likes it!!! :)

If you are a premium member and use pocket queries gsak is the doggies danglies, as said before it's just getting the hang of it, 2 clicks gets all my pq's from mail server to loaded into gsak, another 2 clicks and I have my selection ready for memory map with all the custom icons, and the filters are so customisable.

It also has it's own help forum with superb support from Clyde.

You know you want to or you wouldn't have asked...

I agree with the concensus - I haven't learned more than about 10% of what GSAK can do, and I still think it's brilliant. Remember you can try it for nothing - in fact you can use it for ever for nothing, if you can live with the nag screens - but it's so good, and so cheap, you'll be happy to pay up.

Another satisifed user!

GSAK is fantastic, though I don't untilise much of its ability.

There is very little that I need as a cacher that GSAK can't do.

Best part is that with a single button press, I can download my PQ's from GMail, and export 2 overlay files for Memorymap, one which works on the PDA so that the cachemate page opens when you click the icon, and the second for the PC which opens the GC.com webpage when you click on the icon.

As others have said, its definitely a case of the more you put in, the more you get out.

Adrian

I went out from Carry on Camping with another cacher on Saturday morning, and he was bemoaning the fact that GC.com had been unavailable when he was trying to organise potential finds for the weekend...

Now, if he had had GSAK with an up to date database, be would have been able to get all that he needed from his own off-line database...

He could have put all the waypoints into his GPS, onto Memory Map, into Tom Tom, into Cachemate or GPX Sonar, so he had the information available electronically without needing to print out reams of pages

etc, etc, etc

Now, EasyGPS may be able to do some of these, but can it do them all? When GC.com is unavailable?

Am I biased? Maybe! :-)

Bob Aldridge