Fault Gpsmap 60csx

I've had my 60csx for about a month, went out caching yesterday when the screen developed a hole in the screen about 1cm round leaving plain glass, I turned the unit off and let it rest for 15 mins then switched it back on, all was well for about a minute and the hole reappeared, I got in touch with the suppliers (GPS Warehouse) and they couldn't be more apologetic for the inconvenience caused and asked me to return the unit , I have of course returned the unit and it will be with them by 1300hrs tomorrow, has any one else experienced this problem! :(

I had my trusty yellow e-trex with me so the day was not totaly spoiled!

I hope it's a one off occurrence, I was under heavy tree cover with 2 other cachers in the morning and I was the only one with a signal, great piece of kit and I miss it already, the unit has Topo mapping on it and if it gets replaced could I still use the unlock code! as I read it it's for 1 unit only?

I've had my 60csx for about a month, went out caching yesterday when the screen developed a hole in the screen about 1cm round leaving plain glass, I turned the unit off and let it rest for 15 mins then switched it back on, all was well for about a minute and the hole reappeared, I got in touch with the suppliers (GPS Warehouse) and they couldn't be more apologetic for the inconvenience caused and asked me to return the unit , I have of course returned the unit and it will be with them by 1300hrs tomorrow, has any one else experienced this problem! :(

Had no problems with my 60CSx, but I have read of one or two who have had the same problem as you.

At least you know it will be replaced :-)

Did you go looking for the "Cunning Cache" by any chance?

Did you go looking for the "Cunning Cache" by any chance?

Had it programed into it Dave for on my way home but was too scared (p!55ed off) to use it! back to work Tuesday next if I get it back I'll be looking! :)

My 60CSx has been faultless since February. I think you'll need to contact Garmin about the unlock code on your Topo. Let us know how it goes?

Certainly will Dave, and thank you for all your advice over the past couple of months! :(

Edited by steviep

Love mine, superb under tree cover :ninja:

just one gripe, until I can afford the topo am using the basemap. Anyway, doing a clifftop walk last week and the GPS said i was in the sea :ninja: . Well it felt very dry to me. Or is it that much of the dogs danglies that it allows me to walk on water :drama:

Rang gpswarehouse today, asking whats happening as they seem to totally ignore my e-mails :rolleyes: I was informed that the unit had been returned to Garmin (19th June) and they are awaiting feed back! I asked if they could chase it up for me, but they just gave me Garmins telephone number, and said it would be best if I contacted Garmin myself!

Is this usual! do they just take your money and when something goes wrong they expect you to do the chasing :rolleyes:

Rang gpswarehouse today, asking whats happening as they seem to totally ignore my e-mails :rolleyes: I was informed that the unit had been returned to Garmin (19th June) and they are awaiting feed back! I asked if they could chase it up for me, but they just gave me Garmins telephone number, and said it would be best if I contacted Garmin myself!

Is this usual! do they just take your money and when something goes wrong they expect you to do the chasing :rolleyes:

I would phone them back and explain that you have a contract with them and not Garmin.

I would also give them 14 days and then demand a full refund.

I would phone them back and explain that you have a contract with them and not Garmin.

I would also give them 14 days and then demand a full refund.

If I don't get any feed back from the e-mail to Garmin by the end of the week I'll do that!

Thanks stora , never thought of it that way

My 60CSx has been running without problems until yesterday. I let the batteries run right down before replacing them and when I did the unit would power up ok, run for a couple of minutes and then turn itself off. At first I blamed the batteries and tried another pair. I tried 4 sets of batteies (all NiMH) and the same thing happened each time, so I went home in disgust. On the way I powered the unit from the car battery (via the USB socket) and it worked fine. When I got home I tested all the batteries and they were all fully changed and the GPS unit was suddenly working normally again. Perhaps running from external power reset something internally because I don't think the batteries recharge from an external power input.

E-mail from "gps warehouse" this afternoon! :ph34r:

Hi,

Reading the acompanying Service Record (dated 26th) Garmin advise that

they have generated a new unlock code for downloading GB Topo maps onto the

new card. Your unit has been replaced under warranty.

Your unit will be shipped out tomorrow and will be with you on Friday,

before 1pm.

Sorry it has taken so long what with all the fuss in between, but we got

there in the end. Do let me know if you have any further questions!

Kind regards

Martin

Roll on Friday! :ph34r: