North Dakota, Nebraska And Iowa

MNSearchers

thats too bad

Why?

I don't have a strong opinion either way, but can see it as a proof the person was there type of thing.

An interesting thought I just had is whether different types of waymark categories should have pictures or not. For example, when I created insect sculptures, I viewed it along the lines of the old locationless/virtual stuff where I would want some proof, so I asked for pictures. But I didn't require a GPS in the pic since that can get in the way of a good pic, so I guess I split the difference on "proof" there. With brewpubs, I went pictures optional, because I saw it more as a way to get a directory of such things, and I figured the coords were easy to get from maps, so I didn't care if people "backlogged" a place etc.....

Hmmmm, and now that I posted this, I wonder if I should put on the other hat and move this thead to the Waymarking forums? Thoughts? If I do, I will leave the link directing it to there here also.

thats too bad

Why?

I don't have a strong opinion either way, but can see it as a proof the person was there type of thing.

An interesting thought I just had is whether different types of waymark categories should have pictures or not. For example, when I created insect sculptures, I viewed it along the lines of the old locationless/virtual stuff where I would want some proof, so I asked for pictures. But I didn't require a GPS in the pic since that can get in the way of a good pic, so I guess I split the difference on "proof" there. With brewpubs, I went pictures optional, because I saw it more as a way to get a directory of such things, and I figured the coords were easy to get from maps, so I didn't care if people "backlogged" a place etc.....

Hmmmm, and now that I posted this, I wonder if I should put on the other hat and move this thead to the Waymarking forums? Thoughts? If I do, I will leave the link directing it to there here also.

Because I figure there are probably people that either don't have digital cameras, or like me just don't bring them. I personally have bad luck with cameras, and usually end up dropping it, or having it get smashed by something else... I realize there are people that take their cameras to every cache, but thats not me. I'm almost opposite, rarely taking the camera, about the only cache I'll take it to is events. Those people that have pictures uploaded with my cache log should feel lucky. And those waymarks that have them should feel special because it was a fluke that I had the camera with me for some reason.

Yes it could be proof, if the mark/catagory owners so desire, its up to them of course. I tend to think of waymarks more as virtuals then locationless. Virtuals gave you a waypoint and say 'go look at this thing', and maybe required something else, sometimes an email or occasionally a picture.

Locationless OTOH required a picture, which is a lot like new waymarks, looking for something with no known location. Waymarking will take longer to 'fill' in, the harder it is to fulfill the requirements to list a new waymark. And no I'm not talking about deciding if an object fits in a certain catagory or not, but if it is the correct object, but has no picture or whatever other details the catagory owner might decline for.