Cachestats 1.0

I like the fact that it separates the "# found/attended logs" from the "# unique caches visited".

Perhaps this could be implemented on geocaching.com and stop all the controversy going on about how many caches someone has "really" found.

Hmmm... This will be the third time that I have loaded the My Finds.gpx into Cachestats.

What is the difference really from "# found/attended logs" from the "# unique caches visited"?

I have 184 found, but cache stats reads my gpx as 174 found/attended and 184 caches visited.

Also, it has my Geocaching experience started in 2000, but I started in February of 2006.

In the milestones, #1 is dated 01/01/2000 and #100 is dated 29/04/2006

This is the second my finds pocket query I have had done. The very first one was good and is still on my profile.

Any help would be appreciated.

In answer to the last 2 posts - There seems to be a problem with some pocket queries in that the cache is included in the pocket query, but not your log entry. So CacheStats counts the cache in the unique caches visited, but since there was no log the # of found logs will be wrong. When there is no log, it uses 1/1/2000. You can see which cache(s) are affected by clicking on the Favorites button - they will be at the top of the list. I'll try to handle this situation better in the next release.

I'm guessing that this happens when generating a pocket query immediately or soon after logging finds, but I don't know for sure. Would appreciate it if someone could confirm this and let me know whether the next pocket query had it correct. For those that this has happened to, how soon after posting the find did you generate the PQ?

Same thing happened to us today! :D Finished logging all our finds yesterday, then ran the My Finds PQ today, this afternoon.

I have used CacheStats successfully for several weeks, but this week when I uploaded the PQ to CacheStats it showed my previous find count with an updated "unique" cache count. Ours also showed us having started 1/1/2000, when Geocaching wasn't even in existence! Made me think that there was something wrong with the PQ itself, not the CacheStats program.

I uploaded the My Finds PQ into GSAK and found that it did not have the log information for the caches we found yesterday, causing our found count to appear as it was previously. Interestingly, though, my stats on gc.com are current.

So then I thought maybe there is just some lag between the servers; now that I see I am not the only one experiencing this problem, I am convinced that must be it! :D

Curious that the PQ is loading all our first finds on 1/1/2000, must be a database default!

Curious that the PQ is loading all our first finds on 1/1/2000, must be a database default!

No, that's my fault. That's the default date that is loaded for a cache and if there is no "found it" log for a cache, it never gets changed. I'll put out an update soon that handles this situation a little more gracefully.

It sure looks like a problem with pocket queries to me. I don't expect Groundspeak is monitoring this thread, but if so could someone from Groundspeak please look into why the log section of the gpx file is sometimes empty in the my finds PQ?

I'm guessing that this happens when generating a pocket query immediately or soon after logging finds, but I don't know for sure. Would appreciate it if someone could confirm this and let me know whether the next pocket query had it correct. For those that this has happened to, how soon after posting the find did you generate the PQ?

In this case, I logged my finds at about 1-2pm (est) on Saturday and I ran My Finds pq at about 3am. I thought that it might have something to so with how long before I had logged them, so I waited for about 12 to 13 hours....

In this case, I logged my finds at about 1-2pm (est) on Saturday and I ran My Finds pq at about 3am. I thought that it might have something to so with how long before I had logged them, so I waited for about 12 to 13 hours....

I get the feeling this this may be more a Groundspeak PQ generation problem which seems to have occurred just recently. It would appear that some recent PQs do not contain the latest logs. For more information see this thread

I like the program as well. I have a small problem though. I went back and put an FTF at the beginning of each log entry which I got the FTF. When I get my stats it only shows eleven FTFs and not the eighteen that I actually have. Am I doing something wrong?

Could be due to the problem Clyde mentions in previous post, which apparently has been solved now.

To address the missing found-it log problem and a few other issues, I released version 1.1 a couple of days ago which has the following fixes:

- use current day's date instead of 1/1/2000 for caches that are missing found it logs

- display warning if there are caches that have missing found it logs

- longest streak with/without find not shown if streak still in progress

- fix New Hampshire not being reported correctly

- change wording of "event temps" to "multiple finds per cache"

This is just a minor release (no new features yet) so you don't need to rush out and get it unless you are experiencing a problem listed above. If you do decide to install, it will automatically install over your existing version (in other words, you don't need to remove it first via add/remove programs).

Could be due to the problem Clyde mentions in previous post, which apparently has been solved now.

To address the missing found-it log problem and a few other issues, I released version 1.1 a couple of days ago which has the following fixes:

- use current day's date instead of 1/1/2000 for caches that are missing found it logs

- display warning if there are caches that have missing found it logs

- longest streak with/without find not shown if streak still in progress

- fix New Hampshire not being reported correctly

- change wording of "event temps" to "multiple finds per cache"

This is just a minor release (no new features yet) so you don't need to rush out and get it unless you are experiencing a problem listed above. If you do decide to install, it will automatically install over your existing version (in other words, you don't need to remove it first via add/remove programs).

Minor bug report.

The last digit of the date of the Most in 1 Day field is being truncated on the display.

I was just starting to fiddle around with this program. Downloaded everything I need but I'm running into one of the first errors ever mentioned on this forum "Input string was not in correct format." I know it's been a while since any discussion about it, but is it something I'm doing, or something else? (Don't know if living in the Great White North has anything to do with it lol) It's in GPX format, I did all the reloading, updating, restarting etc, but still no juice......help :anibad:

Neat program. I just installed and updated my profile page without a problem. Maybe the problem with recent finds has been fixed, but I just logged today's finds about two hours ago, ran my pg a few minutes ago, and everything was up to date and accurate.

Thank you for solving my dilemma as to what to put on my profile page!

I was just starting to fiddle around with this program. Downloaded everything I need but I'm running into one of the first errors ever mentioned on this forum "Input string was not in correct format." I know it's been a while since any discussion about it, but is it something I'm doing, or something else? (Don't know if living in the Great White North has anything to do with it lol) It's in GPX format, I did all the reloading, updating, restarting etc, but still no juice......help :laughing:

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been monitoring the forums. The most likely problem is that you are saving the .gpx file using EasyGPS. EasyGPS strips out most of the important statistical information when it saves the .gpx file. When you open the zip file attachment in your email, simply extract or copy the file to the folder of your choice - don't start EasyGPS (i.e. don't double click on it). This should solve the problem, but if not, let me know. The next release will detect EasyGPS files and put up a more informative error message.

I really like the program, but it has a flaw which keeps me from using my stats on my profile page. When it looks at caches, it looks at multiple finds backwards. Rather than using the first find as the date of the find, it uses the last date. My first find was redone totally within the first year making it able to be found again and logged again. It was made much more difficult. I found it again for the 100th find since it was an important cache to me. Cachestats defaults the find to the 100th find and messes up my start date and the anniversary of my 100th find. My second find was also redone and could be logged again. I found it for my 1,000th cache. Basically, cachestats starts with my third find now and is messed up for the first few years. Since the data handling is backwards, it makes the stats all messed up. I was told to manually correct the HTML when I emailed, but I would also have to do the calculations for several of the milestones. I have no desire to do that. I just use Fizzymagic's program instead for my personal curiosity. It works perfectly

I do hope that issue is corrected in the updates. The program is cool, but is unusable for anyone who was able to find a cache again if it was changed.