Omg When Are You Going To Leave?

How long have you waited for a muggle to leave the area?

You know, you're sitting on the park bench or the picnic table waiting for the perve in the car to leave. He's always there when I want to get a TB out of a cache that requires stealth.

Why is there always a guy sitting in a car?

Did it take several days, returning hoping that today was the day?

There is one cache here that is hidden in a thorn bush in a playground that is ALWAYS full of people. Tons of kids durin the day that are always full of questions like "Whatcha dooooin?". And at night it is the teenage hangout full of funny smelling smoke.

Been more than a month now and I haven't been there when there were less than half a dozen people.

Arrrgh.

I get all scared when theres a muggles next to the cache. But its funny cuz my dad just says just go in and find the cache dont worry (of course he has no stealth) I try to use stealth by making it look like im just doing something else. Then you see a muggle drinking some gatorade next to where the cache is located and you aren't patient for him to get up and you'll think he could steal the cache if you told him what you were trying to do.

...Then you see a muggle drinking some gatorade next to where the cache is located and you aren't patient for him to get up and you'll think he could steal the cache if you told him what you were trying to do.

Maybe he's a geocacher trying to look like a muggle. :lol:

I recently sat within 15 feet of a cache for over an hour, good thing it was a nice day. :)

A few weeks ago, my buddy, Burdundi, and I were after a micro in a park. We waited at least 45 minutes for what I referred to as "the most comfortable muggle in history" to move from a park bench. It was painful, we could literally see the cache from where we were standing, but this guy was just so happy sitting there!! We jokingly tried to think of ways to make him uncomfortable, like paying one of the nearby "urban outdoorsmen" to throw up on him... Anyway, he finally departed and we logged the cache.

But there have been many caches I have just totally given up on because there always seem to be people around. I don't like feeling uncomfortable, and I prefer boxes in the woods anyday!

Rainking

There is one cache here that is hidden in a thorn bush in a playground that is ALWAYS full of people. Tons of kids durin the day that are always full of questions like "Whatcha dooooin?". And at night it is the teenage hangout full of funny smelling smoke.

Been more than a month now and I haven't been there when there were less than half a dozen people.

Arrrgh.

That's why I like bad weather caching.

Between 30 and 40 minutes, but not to find the cache. I had the cache in my hands and wanted to replace it. I had taken it to my car to sign the log and trade since it was an urban cache. As soon as I got done, a man came along and sat right in front of the cache location. He made a phone call and smoked a rather large cigar before he finally left. I was FTF and wanted to make sure everyone else got a shot at it. I called home and let my family know I was going to be late because I had to put the cache back in hiding.

Once I let my friend follow the GPS and while we were walking past some muggles he's just walking looking down at it reading it every 2 seconds every muggle in the entire park looked up.

450 feet

445 feet

440 feet

435 feet

440 feet

now 425 feet

almost there only 420 more feet to go

and I literally could here the muggles whispering to one another "to what?" And then when we got to the cache site, even if there was a news crew right on the right spot he would just walk right up, sign the log, trade, and go WHOOPEE I found it .

I on the other hand would dress up like im in the military, run behind trees, slither on the ground, wait hours for others to leave, and curl up in a ball under a *ouch* pine tree. <and yes I have. :(

-Eric

I tried for an ammo can buried under decorative rocks in the divider at the entrance to a mall in Arizona. But the lady in the zebra-striped floppy hat was always sitting in her Buick or letting her dog take a leak just a few feet form there. Turned out she was living out of her car there, and it took the local PD a while to run her off. Total wait - 2 weeks.

Easy answer. Sit down next to the geomuggle. Look despondent. Complain that you lost your roll of 50 dollar bills in that area on the other side of the lot, and you been searching and just gave up.

Chat a little while longer, then wander off. Wander back in a few minutes. They will be outta there, and you can cache in peace.

Between 30 and 40 minutes, but not to find the cache. I had the cache in my hands and wanted to replace it. I had taken it to my car to sign the log and trade since it was an urban cache. As soon as I got done, a man came along and sat right in front of the cache location. He made a phone call and smoked a rather large cigar before he finally left. I was FTF and wanted to make sure everyone else got a shot at it. I called home and let my family know I was going to be late because I had to put the cache back in hiding.

Ah, but if its a guy on a phone by the cache its simple! Sit down next to him and ask if you can talk on the phone. If he says "no" or gives you a strange look, respond "But *I* want to talk to Aunt Susie and Uncle Larry too!"

If he hasn't left by then, follow up with a begging "Pleeeease?"

Oh, and if he does hand over the phone, its always best to ask about "Last month's trip to Tahiti" and maybe mention that your current parole officer doesn't drive you home when you get lost like your last one would.

At the very least it makes the wait for him to leave more entertaining.

Not quite the question asked, but...

On my first ever cache hunt, before I had an account of my own, I think I must have made a cacher very angry.

You see the GPSr lead us over that-a-way. Sitting on the bleachers at the target area was this guy on the "phone". We sat there for about half an hour waiting for him to leave so we could look for the next stage. One of the people with me noticed that his "phone" was actually an Etrex Legend, just like the one we were using. We left. That poor guy was trying to wait us out so he could return the cache for us to find. I have never found out who it was, I would like to apologize to him.

I always just explain what I'm doing and log it, especially if it's just a micro.

Do you then send an email to the cache owner explaining why his cache has been muggled? :laughing:

No, we just have to figure that part out on our own. This explains why so many caches that he finds come up missing. :laughing:

I've had similar experiences. A couple of times I've taken the cache with me, gone and searched for another nearby cache or two, then brought it back.

There's a cache near a bench in a nearby town where a bum basically lives all the time. The only time I have not seen him on the bench was when the cache was missing for a while!

Maybe the bum is just a cleverly desguised cache. :laughing:

someone must have taken the bum back to the car to pull out and sign the log and trade items? :laughing:

I was looking for this cache up by FDR's summerhome and it was hidden under these steps. I tried looking for it and I kept waiting for the muggles to leave. Every time they left a new group came up within a couple of seconds. Finally there was noone and I got a good chance to look for it and found it.

while out this weekend we came upon a cache at the local convenience store.....there were several cars in & around the area. they were pretty much in & out. we walked around "talking" into our gps like a cell phone, wasting time, waiting, waiting. almost an hour later the one vehicle that wouldn't seem to leave, the POSTMAN. i dunno if he was having lunch or what but it seemed like he would never leave. finally he did, we snagged the cache & left! :unsure: