Caching Vacation (tn And Al)

We've never cached their before but we are going to Knoxville Tennesse/Dandrige area to geocache some and maybe Northern Atlanta. You can find a zip code and put it in for postal code search though. Other than that I've only found one cache in Tennesee so far and it was a virtual.

Memorial Island by b4work (GC6A48) I've looked for this one - it's a nice walk. Didn't DNF because I was on a pretty tight time table and didn't get to look very long.

Cool Springs Cemetery by antiochcrew (GCRYQ1)

Post This! by The Chaotic Order (GCRRZ1)

SAS by The Chaotic Order (GCR9WC)

Old Town Cemetery by The Chaotic Order (GCRAJG)

The Ghost of Grancer Harrison by The Chaotic Order (GCR9WK)

All of these are located in Opp (Zip Code 36467)

If you don't mind going a few miles further to the rest area just north of Florala you can get this one:

GeOING MY WAY? by The Chaotic Order (GCNKB6) This one is a short walk in the woods.

or

Will's Hide--- Lake Jackson by antiochcrew (GCQWHC) As the name implies, it's at Lake Jackson just north of the Florida border in Florala. This one is pretty much a park and grab.

If you'll e-mail me your route through Alabama I might be able to do a little better and point some out along the way.

Hope this is useful to you.

Rob

I should have had this in my original post but I got distracted and forgot.

As you travel through south Montgomery County, Crenshaw County, and Covington County into Opp, you'll see mostly rural farmland (cattle and row crops). With the exception of a few small towns, Opp being one of the larger, there isn't much to begin with and even less in the way of caches.

My parents live in Ft. Walton Beach so I'm pretty familiar with the drive. It's an easy ride and a couple of the towns (Brantley is one) have some very well kept old houses lining the main street. No caches but nice to look at.

My family and I will be coming to visit relatives in the Chatanooga, TN and Opp, AL areas. We are interested in getting some inside information on the best caches in those areas (and in between). I especially like historical caches. Thanks for any info you have. :laughing:

Greetings from Chattanooga. I looked over my finds, and as you can imagine the best historic caches tend to be virtuals. Here are a few of my favorites:

Cypher Point (My favorite historical virtual)[/url]

The Great Chase #1

The Great Chase #2

The Unknown

Thacher's Crossing

Sunset Rock

Here are some physical containers. Most are micros, but I've noted the exceptions:

Lea Bridge (Also a nearby veteran's memorial)

Delving Into the Past (small almost regular)

Old Federal Road #2-Stone Church

Ross's Other Landing

Key's Battery Fort (regular)

As a side note, you might want to visit www.GEOSET.org and review their 2006 award winners which are listed in the "Award Caches" section of the member's forum (just register an account to become a member).