Changing Username?

If you don't have a whole lot of finds, what keeps you from creating a new username and logging all your finds? Afterwards delete out the finds on your old username to keep cache find #'s accurate.

It might be a PITA but it might work.

That will work. Since you only have 71 finds it shouldn't take too long. Then you can have your new account adopt your caches using the www.geocaching.com/adopt feature.

If you don't have a whole lot of finds, what keeps you from creating a new username and logging all your finds? Afterwards delete out the finds on your old username to keep cache find #'s accurate.

It might be a PITA but it might work.

That will work. Since you only have 71 finds it shouldn't take too long. Then you can have your new account adopt your caches using the www.geocaching.com/adopt feature.

Then you can tell people that you have 71 finds as <your new name> and 71 finds as nastim24. That gives you a total of 142 finds.

You can still change your account name at geocaching.com, if you transfer $810,000 in US currency to my private numbered account at First Bank of Credit International of Grand Caymans Island (FBCIGCI), using the account number 55-912-98846-635-771009, routing number 31555010, including an explicit statement of your current account name and your desired target account name on the wire header, under the section "Notes", and entering "GEONAME" under the section entitled "Intra-bank Routing Code".

:huh:

You can still change your account name at geocaching.com, if you transfer $810,000 in US currency to my private numbered account at First Bank of Credit International of Grand Caymans Island (FBCIGCI), using the account number 55-912-98846-635-771009, routing number 31555010, including an explicit statement of your current account name and your desired target account name on the wire header, under the section "Notes", and entering "GEONAME" under the section entitled "Intra-bank Routing Code".

:(

this sounds ok - as they shot me down, too ;-]

I tried to explain my worries and reasons, but they told me the info (that they can change) is incorrect.

I also tried to explain it might be a big amount of additional dead accounts of all the people's old usernames they could not change, but it did not help :-(

so now, I'm also one of these with a 2nd account - and relogging my few founds..

cheers cachiker