Garmin Customer Service Top Notch

I just recently had a problem with my GPSMap 60Cx. We were getting set to head home from a camping trip, so I powered on the 'ol GPS to guide us home. It powered up but none of the buttons would work. I dicconnected the power to force a shutoff, and much to my dismay it would not power back up. I pulled the batteries for the trip and attempted to restart when back home...nothing.

I contacted Garmin tech support. They had me try a couple of things to no avail. They determined that I must have had a bad DC power cable and thought it likely that it fried the unit. They instructed me to send the unit in for warranty repair and that they would be sending out a new DC power cable.

The next day I received the new DC cable...very prompt. In about 5 days I received my GPS back...or a reasonable facsimile thereof. They were unable to repair my GPS so they replaced it with a new unit. As an added bonus they sent all of the gear that you would receive with a new purchase...USB cable, lanyard, belt clip, 64mb micro SD, etc... They also shipped with the unit an additional DC power cable.

I've read on these boards some of the positive comments with Garmin customer support. I'm just glad that my experience mirrored what others have experienced. :P

I just recently had a problem with my GPSMap 60Cx. We were getting set to head home from a camping trip, so I powered on the 'ol GPS to guide us home. It powered up but none of the buttons would work. I dicconnected the power to force a shutoff, and much to my dismay it would not power back up. I pulled the batteries for the trip and attempted to restart when back home...nothing.

I contacted Garmin tech support. They had me try a couple of things to no avail. They determined that I must have had a bad DC power cable and thought it likely that it fried the unit. They instructed me to send the unit in for warranty repair and that they would be sending out a new DC power cable.

The next day I received the new DC cable...very prompt. In about 5 days I received my GPS back...or a reasonable facsimile thereof. They were unable to repair my GPS so they replaced it with a new unit. As an added bonus they sent all of the gear that you would receive with a new purchase...USB cable, lanyard, belt clip, 64mb micro SD, etc... They also shipped with the unit an additional DC power cable.

I've read on these boards some of the positive comments with Garmin customer support. I'm just glad that my experience mirrored what others have experienced. :)

I have heard so much good about Garmins customer service, I'm almost hoping my 76CSX will have a problem! They almost sound too good to be true!

------Anxiously awaiting GPS failure :P

I've read on these boards some of the positive comments with Garmin customer support. I'm just glad that my experience mirrored what others have experienced. :)

I can also attest to the excellence of Garmin's customer support. I called their support center and talked with a fellow who was very courteous and business-like. I told him that my Legend (which was 16 months old, and therefore out of warranty) had a problem with the click-stick. I basically wanted to find out the cost to repair the unit, but he indicated that Garmin would replace the unit at no cost to me. I sent the defective Legend to them, and within a week I received a new Legend. They were even kind enough to load all my maps and waypoints into the new unit!

This fantastic customer service will definitely influence any future GPS purchases I make in the future. Garmin rules!

Edited by Hi-Ho Silver

They did the same for me twice.

I had a store send me the wrong version of Metro Guide Norht America. I called Garmin about it and they sent me the newest version of it.

The other case is that I had my Garmin Etrex Legend CX go bad on me where the Car Charger and data cable would lock up my unit. I contaced Garmin and htey sent me a new unit out right away with 1 day shipping (in fact I got my replacement GPS the same day they shipped it, due to the fact they're only on the other side of town from me). They also sent me a new Car Charger, becasue I believed that went bad and caused my GPS problems. They also sent me Return Tags and they let me keep the Micro SD card in the unit.

I am very impressed and To tell you the truth my next GPS I'll buy will be coming from Garmin.