Dresseldragons Geocoin

DresselDragons

I was catching up on filing my coins away today and stopped to admire this coin. I must say the red has got to be one of the prettiest colors I've seen on a coin. I love the fleck in the red as well. This coin is up there at the top of my favorites list now. Very good job. Who designed it by the way?

:P

The one...the only...

YIME

I've been resisting giving into the urge to purchase this one, but I don't think I can much longer.

must...

have...

coin...

this geocoin habit is killing me : P I really love this coin though, so I'm sure that it will be even better in person :laughing: Can't wait to have it in my collection!!

I know a 5 year old that wen to sleep tonight dreaming of getting a DD coin personally handed to her at her Birthday Party tomorrow... :D

Just kidding LeNore. We just got out coin and really like it. Well done.

Wow Jim...you're a pretty big 5-year old! :D

Apparently my little girl did something very right this year since she got not only a DD coin, but a GOLD DD coin. :D She has let me see it....once....but refuses to let Daddy "put it away for safe keeping". :D The kid has got to sleep sometime though :D . Thanks LeNore. Way too cool.

I know a 5 year old that wen to sleep tonight dreaming of getting a DD coin personally handed to her at her Birthday Party tomorrow... :D

Just kidding LeNore. We just got out coin and really like it. Well done.

Wow Jim...you're a pretty big 5-year old! :D

Apparently my little girl did something very right this year since she got not only a DD coin, but a GOLD DD coin. :D She has let me see it....once....but refuses to let Daddy "put it away for safe keeping". :DThe kid has got to sleep sometime though :D . Thanks LeNore. Way too cool.

B)

Apparently my little girl did something very right this year since she got not only a DD coin, but a GOLD DD coin. :) She has let me see it....once....but refuses to let Daddy "put it away for safe keeping". :D The kid has got to sleep sometime though :D . Thanks LeNore. Way too cool.

And why do you think that I gave it to HER...just to drive you nuts!

We're releasing one of ours into the wild during our vacation...hubby says I'm nuts...but coins are supposed to travel, so we gotta send one out.

We're trying to come up with a goal for this coin, and we need it by tonight...so post your suggestions. Best suggestion wins our gratitude (and maybe a couple DD pins to match the coin).

It appears the dragon on your coin is emerging from the dark such as a cave guarding the cache container. They were often portrayed guarding an object or an area. A quick search turned up around 700 caches around the world with the word cave. It's mission could be to visit and guard while there as many caches around the world that have to do with caves or the word cave in the cache name.

It appears the dragon on your coin is emerging from the dark such as a cave guarding the cache container. They were often portrayed guarding an object or an area. A quick search turned up around 700 caches around the world with the word cave. It's mission could be to visit and guard while there as many caches around the world that have to do with caves or the word cave in the cache name.

It IS a great idea...but already taken by someone else's DD geocoin out in the wild.

Edited by DresselDragons

Ok let's try this one :laughing: (Not trying to copy Ryder's Idea ) You could release it with it's mission to travel the area's where the dragon's were thought to exist. Think this would require it to travel across the pond. The UK has many area's that were thought to be the home of many of the Western Dragon's and Japan & China were the home to many Eastern Dragon's such as the Treasure Holders Dragon. These dragons are depicted holding a pearl / cache in the claw or mouth. The jewel/cache symbolises both wealth and wisdom They live underground, guarding gems/caches and precious metals/geocoins.

Edited by chief20r2

Okay folks...my wording might not be the best (it's been a long day), but here it the goal that we set for our coin:

This coin is in search of others of its kind...It wants to travel far and wide in search of any or all of the following:

other dragons

dragon homes

dragon cachers

dragon caches

I'll probably tweek it a little after vacation...my brain is just too fried right now!

So...since it is basically what both chief20r2 and Ryder3 & Better Half suggested, I now offer our eternal gratitude. THANKS! Oh yeh, and if you both email us your snail mail addresses, we'll drop a couple of our DD pins in the mail to you when we get back from vacation (don't get too excited...they are handmade).

Well...our activated coin is out there. It should be interesting to see it travel! We sent out our pin to chief20r2, but cannot get ahold of Ryder3 & Better Half (your emails keep bouncing back as undeliverable). If ya want the pin, drop us an email.

We wanted to thank everyone for their kind words and support for our coin. If you've been too busy vacationing or caching to snag one, fear not, they are still available at C&P:

Click here: DD Geocoin Link

Well that didn't take long. Our activated DD geocoin is AWOL. :o I just received this message from the cache that we placed it in:

"Wanted to swap GeoCoins but no GeoCoin to be found. There was a log entry by some SeaCadets but no mention of the coin. Left our new CITO GeoCoin hopefully to make its way back home."

Ours and a London geocoin was in the cache. Maybe it will resurface....maybe the cacher that took it hasn't logged anything on the computer yet...guess we'll just have to wait & see.

Edited by DresselDragons