Iowabeaver's Geocoin

IowaBeaver

IowaBeaver has designed and minted a personal geocoin, trackable with new icon.

Visit this link to see how you can get this great coin:

http://www.thecachingplace.com/shop/pc/vie...3&idproduct=107

Preorder starts Thursday, June 8, 2006

World Time Converter

Eastern European DST 6:00 pm

Central European DST 5:00 pm

Greenwich Mean 4:00 pm

USA Eastern DST 11:00 pm

USA Central DST 10:00 am

USA Mountain DST 9:00 am

USA Pacific DST 8:00 am

Here's why I designed the coin:

"I reached this spot overlooking Lake Tahoe in California. Found the cache (GC6D1F) and while I was signing the log and making my trades, I took time to breathe in the clean pine scented air. I thought of the grand beauty surrounding me and it caused me to reflect on the beauty God has blessed us with everywhere. The trip down was just as memorable for I came upon a dad and young daughter meandering their way down. I noticed he had a 'Livestrong' wristband and I just happened to have a 'Children's Miracle Network' wristband in my bag. I offered the wristband to the daughter who gladly accepted. I felt warm thinking of how the bond between that dad and daughter increased by their being together and walking together.

I later discovered the quote by John Muir and was everything started to click on the design. I had been attempting to combine my love for the outdoors with my family and I think I came up with a good design.

Check it out!

Thanks,

IowaBeaver

I like your coin, but i have a question. On the crossword side one of the words is CON, is it supposed to be COIN? If not what is the significance of it?

I noticed that too.

I think that's just supposed to be "on" --- TRACK ON GEOCACHING.COM :rolleyes:

But, I agree that it doesn't fit right. :laughing:

IB, If you haven't sent the art to mint to have them made yet, I'd consider modifying it a bit. Maybe just move the top section up a square to seperate the two sections so it reads "ON" will work?

I like your coin, but i have a question. On the crossword side one of the words is CON, is it supposed to be COIN? If not what is the significance of it?

Inorder to maintain the Scrabble aspect of the design I had to use "CON" as "ON" would have lead to many bad scrabble moves.

IowaBeaver

I noticed that too.

I think that's just supposed to be "on" --- TRACK ON GEOCACHING.COM :)

But, I agree that it doesn't fit right. :anibad:

IB, If you haven't sent the art to mint to have them made yet, I'd consider modifying it a bit. Maybe just move the top section up a square to seperate the two sections so it reads "ON" will work?

The extra space would violate Scrabble rules. So I chose "CON" as the best solution without violating Scrabble rules.

IowaBeaver