Cache Logs

Muggs&Mo

What does "published" mean when found in the cache logs?

It's a recent feature; it's letting you know when the cache was listed on the website by the reviewer. I don't really see an advantage to it. You can compare it to the "hidden" date of the cache, but it don't mean the reviewer sat on it if there's a long break - the owner may have submitted the cache for review late.

I don't really see an advantage to it.

The logs are the trigger for the instant notification feature. Also, anyone can tell which reviewer published the cache by looking at the log. That information was only available to the owner before the published log was added.

I don't really see an advantage to it.

The logs are the trigger for the instant notification feature. Also, anyone can tell which reviewer published the cache by looking at the log. That information was only available to the owner before the published log was added.

I wondered why they started doing that! Now I know. You can learn things by reading the forums! :)

I'm sorry but I am new at this and I still don't understand what or why you would put published in the cache log. Most people write how they enjoyed the cache or what they took or left. It seems like they don't want to be bothered and they want you to read their profile. Am I wrong and Ijust don't understand?

I'm sorry but I am new at this and I still don't understand what or why you would put published in the cache log. Most people write how they enjoyed the cache or what they took or left. It seems like they don't want to be bothered and they want you to read their profile. Am I wrong and Ijust don't understand? What is the published log?

I'm sorry but I am new at this and I still don't understand what or why you would put published in the cache log. Most people write how they enjoyed the cache or what they took or left. It seems like they don't want to be bothered and they want you to read their profile. Am I wrong and Ijust don't understand? What is the published log?

As I explained earlier, it is generated when the reviewer publishes the cache. It is automatically generated by the system.

A cache that goes into the system does not automatically get posted. It is reviewed by a team of usually local volunteers, and after everything looks great, they "publish" it. As Brian said, when the reviewer flips the switch to release the cache for general consumption, the system automatically generates a publish log by the reviewer that looked at it online. (Reviewers don't actually visit the caches prior to publication.)

It's a nice thing to have there, too. If the owner of the cache goes missing or is off on a vacation and a problem comes up, having that "published" log here lets you easily contact the reviewer. Reviewer can disable caches temporarily until the problem can be fixed, or archive them if that is needed.