More Reviewers?

Team Gryarvold

I know that all of the reviewers are volunteers and that they more than likely have other jobs and other things in their lives going on, and they are doing a great job at the present with the huge number of caches that I would imagine need to be reviewed, but can we add some more? It seems to take quite a long spell to get the new caches approved and I know that cachers are waiting for new caches to seek in an area that needs new ones listed. Can people volunteer to be reviewers, or is it a select few that have been around awhile? I know I wouldn't mind be reviewer if it meant getting the caches approved more quickly. I am quite new to this so any feed back would be great, and maybe I am just blowing smoke.

Groundspeak will contact the person they want, how long are you having to wait? Also if you submit your listing on weekend it takes longer as thats when lots of ppl are out hidding, you may want to hide on wednesday's if poss. until another reviewer get onboard.

My goodness, you've been busy. I see from the review queue that you've hidden more than a dozen caches over the past five days. In your home state, that's a "spike." I am sure that your reviewer will get caught up just as soon as his schedule permits.

I got a little bit behind recently myself. When I sat down yesterday to get caught up, the website wouldn't let me search for the nearest caches to the one I was reviewing. So I took a break and tried again late at night when the site isn't as busy. It was down for maintenance. And just now, I tried pulling up one of your caches to see if the reviewer had left you a note. I got a server error message.

So, now I am another 24 hours behind, through no fault of my own! :D:ninja:

In assigning reviewers to various areas, we staff for the average volume of caches -- not the peaks and valleys. Memorial Day weekend is historically quite busy for cache hiding, and it's also the weekend when GeoWoodstock was held. Your reviewer was lucky enough to be able to attend GeoWoodstock. We then pay the price when the trip is over and we need to get caught up.

For information about how reviewers are selected, see the post entitled "How do I become a Volunteer Cache Reviewer?" in the FAQ thread that's pinned at the top of this forum.

Hope this helps! Thanks for your patience.

Thank you so much for answering my question. And I hope that I didn't sound like I didn't appreciate all hard work you guys do reviewing and approving for us, because I really do. It's just that I am so knew to this that I don't want do something that may not be correct. I was thinking that maybe I was hiding to many caches. Is that possible? Is there a limit?

Going to GeoWoodstock must have been a blast. Glad he got to go. Kudos for that.

My goodness, you've been busy. I see from the review queue that you've hidden more than a dozen caches over the past five days. In your home state, that's a "spike." I am sure that your reviewer will get caught up just as soon as his schedule permits.

I got a little bit behind recently myself. When I sat down yesterday to get caught up, the website wouldn't let me search for the nearest caches to the one I was reviewing. So I took a break and tried again late at night when the site isn't as busy. It was down for maintenance. And just now, I tried pulling up one of your caches to see if the reviewer had left you a note. I got a server error message.

So, now I am another 24 hours behind, through no fault of my own! :ph34r::)

In assigning reviewers to various areas, we staff for the average volume of caches -- not the peaks and valleys. Memorial Day weekend is historically quite busy for cache hiding, and it's also the weekend when GeoWoodstock was held. Your reviewer was lucky enough to be able to attend GeoWoodstock. We then pay the price when the trip is over and we need to get caught up.

For information about how reviewers are selected, see the post entitled "How do I become a Volunteer Cache Reviewer?" in the FAQ thread that's pinned at the top of this forum.

Hope this helps! Thanks for your patience.

I was thinking that maybe I was hiding to many caches. Is that possible? Is there a limit?

There is no limit. There is no such thing as too many caches, as long as you are willing and able to maintain them.

If you do submit a bunch of caches closely spaced together, the reviewer may ask you to mak it into a multi cache.

I concur! I have been waiting for 5 days for first cache to be reviewed! heck all they gotta do is read it! My reviewer must be on holiday! Does anyone know if there is anyway to speed things up? We have a second one planned but not sure if we want to till this one is done.

Reviewer :anicute: hiding in the woods.

I concur! I have been waiting for 5 days for first cache to be reviewed! heck all they gotta do is read it! My reviewer must be on holiday! Does anyone know if there is anyway to speed things up? We have a second one planned but not sure if we want to till this one is done.

Reviewer :anicute: hiding in the woods.

If it clearly fits the guidelines and is in an interesting place - go get it placed!!! - Also - just as anote - check back on the listing page to see if any notes have been left by a reviewer.

Reviewer ;) hiding in the woods.

I see it's been published. Let's see - it's dated the 12th (and the bug was dropped on the 12th), and it was published on the 15th.

That's some mighty funny math you've got there, to come up with 5 days. :lol:

From what I have been told by a reviewer I know is that finding a new person that is qualified to be a reviewer is not and easy task and can take some time.

the time to get a cache approved, as has been mentioned depends on the work load of the reviewer.

One of my mewt caches was approved in less than an hour, but that was when there were not other caches in the que. It also helps that the two approvers in this area stay up late at night approving caches. Which can be good for a late nightr all hours FTF hound. :anibad:

I just hope they know that we think they do a great job. And with all the caches that getting put out by people now the work load is tremendous. And they have lives outside of the computer just like the rest of us. It's just too bad that with all the cachers that have been around for a number of years that there can't be a few more reviewers on board.