Long Weekend 16 June 2006

QFC

I'm curious, who will be going away next weekend? Since it's a long weekend I'm sure there are great plans for many to jump up the rankings... so you see... I just would like to know... how many caches do we need to find to get ourselves back into the top 20 :D hehe... Team Gps Storm and Wolkynou, I think you guys should just take a break for a week or so... what do you say? :ninja:

I'm curious, who will be going away next weekend? Since it's a long weekend I'm sure there are great plans for many to jump up the rankings... so you see... I just would like to know... how many caches do we need to find to get ourselves back into the top 20 :D hehe... Team Gps Storm and Wolkynou, I think you guys should just take a break for a week or so... what do you say? :ninja:

And we need to drop that huge GPS of Noddy somewhere too, as he is way in the distance for me (And off to CT as well (if memory serves)). BUT we will have to make a plan. The Brick-clan are certainly going to give it a good wallop !! Now if I can JUST overtake cache-fan......

You must enjoy yourselves, QFC ... I'm retired hurt!! :ninja:

Busy with work on PhD so I'm out for the time being. As for the other guys ... Give them a good wallop.

There are no new caches in my immediate vicinity ... alas! Will have to go on a Grand Cache Tour one day! :D

Edited by Wolkynou

Heading to the eastern cape again to find some caches around PE. Hopefully the non-geocacher will let me find a couple on the way there and back as well. It is always a gamble though with that arguement. :D

Any EC people want to meet while there?

:ninja: Going down to the fair cape to drop off a few bugs taking part in the TB race. Can I pick any up for any one. Anyone want to have a cup of coffee???

:D

Yes please Noddy. Wacky racer is down in CT getting all wet an mizz....maybe you should take him to some sunshine in KZN. PLease. And then I will buy you another Kilkenny !

Noddy, rather since wacky racers is wacky you should bring him back to JHB. That way he can travel down to KZN later... :D That or drop him in the same place as you dropped Kayak racer, that seems to be a rather secure TB Prison :ninja:

MU HU HA HA HA HA.

p.s. you could of offered to take Speed wobble back to CT after his unexpected return "Ahem cough couch...."

Good fun.... Enjoy the cape weather.

Noddy, rather since wacky racers is wacky you should bring him back to JHB. That way he can travel down to KZN later... :laughing: That or drop him in the same place as you dropped Kayak racer, that seems to be a rather secure TB Prison :rolleyes:

MU HU HA HA HA HA.

p.s. you could of offered to take Speed wobble back to CT after his unexpected return "Ahem cough couch...."

Good fun.... Enjoy the cape weather.

So Noddy, seeing that I still have in my possesion the aforementioned Speed Wobble, how high shall we set the ransom ? Or shall we put it in the Collabaration cache....oh I forget, they did not get the FTF on that one...mmmmm

Heading to the eastern cape again to find some caches around PE. Hopefully the non-geocacher will let me find a couple on the way there and back as well. It is always a gamble though with that arguement. :laughing:

Any EC people want to meet while there?

You can tell Non-geocacher that the "secret Wings" series in George are quick, easy and "girlie" in nature!! :rolleyes:

Well Vespax, seeing as she is a mommy-to-be she has to call the shots - you had better build up points now - you're gonna need it! :(

Anyway, if you have not found these, then I can recommend Bloukrans River and Tsitsikama Confluence - Almost, both are quick and easy finds. The Bloukrans one can be used as an alternative leg stretch to the almonst obligatory Tsitsikama Petroport, just remember to stock up on eats in Plett.

Awsome weekend in Mpumalanga. Picked up 24 caches, but I need to go back there. At LEAST another 100 or so to do !! Thanks QFC for teaming up on the Sabie leg of caches, and for Fish Eagle and GPS Storm, that drove all the way to come say hi to us at Bridal Veil .. Thanks everyone. Let's do it again !!

We saw more caches this weekend that we have seen in a long time :laughing: .... well since our last trip that is. Will soon need to invest in a (real) cache mobile since the polo just doesn't cut it down some of the road. It is currently parked in the works parking lot, caked in dust with numerous pieces of grass sticking out of the bottom of it.

Was good to team up with Brick and family to find the remaining caches in Sabie and have a well welcome lunch together. It was also great to put a face to Team GPS storm and Fish Eagle (thanx for coming out to see us, though we know there were 3 (ahem) FTF involved…) :laughing:

We picked up 29 caches *, with minimal DNF’s and 2 FTF's :laughing: . What a BEAUTIFUL part of the country!!!!

* 5 more than Brick :laughing:

:laughing:

Picked up 27 in 2 days in and around Cape Town. Luckily we met up with ZALandyman & SuzieQ at Forgotten & Forlorn. Spent and enjoyable day caching with them up towards Shangri La.

I finally found caches where Tessie Bear wanted to do more. We did the whole So Square series. Useful to have a wife that knows where all the shops were.

As per usual I was in deep trouble for only supplying brealfast at 15h30, always one more cache just around the corner.

:laughing:

Rather a nice weekend it was, with an opportunity to get back into geocaching now that varsity vac is upon us. Only found three, which isn't a lot considering how many nice easy ones have sprung up in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town recently, but I was able to introduce someone to the hobby which was good.

- XV

I can vouche for Perdix, the Eastern Cape is well looked after with him on the scene. Thanks man.

The cheque is in the mail :laughing: Nice meeting you, hope to see you again soon.

Sadly, no caching for us this weekend. But I can't complain, (and I have to brag) my little dog came home from a big agility trial with 6 first places! I'll have to make up for the no-caching this weekend....

Why not go for a win/win and teach the dog to sniff out caches? :tired: