Legend Cx Has Just Died

Annoyingly, my Legend Cx appears to be dead, it has worked flawlessly until I went to turn it on today, then nothing.

Tried new batteries, connecting to USB, removing the memory card, and a hard reset but the power button still won't turn the unit on.

I haven't recently updated the software, so its not a failed bios update thats causing it.

Any ideas?

Will try Garmin tech support in Romsey tomorrow.

Adrian :blink:

Hi

The same thing happened to me last week whilst on holiday, worse luck. I got a new Legend CX, changed the batteries at the prompt then it died on me. Garmin just advised me to return it to the seller which I did. I now have a replacement - by return of post- and am waiting to see if this one lasts any longer.

I called Tech Support yesterday, and when the hard reset they described over the phone didn't work, they gave me an RMA to send it back to them.

I would have sent it back to www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk, but wanted to make sure that I got a new unlock code for Mapsource Topo GB if they send a replacement unit, as I shouldn't have to use my second unlock code when the first unit was faulty.

I've been toying with the idea of selling my old blue Legend, but am now really glad that I didn't.

Hope it doesn't take to long to come back.

Adrian